The Patriots Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots Offensive Line

Finlawyer

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They give Brady so much time it's insane. Our line is barely a turnstile. We need to get Mankins.

great player but too expensive imo. we do need to draft some better interior lineman. i'm thinking rt and a g/c combo to this year.

They haven't looked too impressive the last two seasons in the playoffs. The Ravens smacked them around like rag dolls last year. So far today the Jets have done a good job against them. Yes the Ravens and Jets have good defenses, but still makes you think the Patriots O-line and overall team may be slightly overrated. I'd still take Mankins but at the right price.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? They've given up 4 sacks and the Jets have pressured Brady the majority of the time.

They are a well coached blue collar group. Not overly talented IMO, but solid. BB gets the most out of his players at all positions.

They haven't looked too impressive the last two seasons in the playoffs. The Ravens smacked them around like rag dolls last year. So far today the Jets have done a good job against them. Yes the Ravens and Jets have good defenses, but still makes you think the Patriots O-line and overall team may be slightly overrated. I'd still take Mankins but at the right price.

Anybody would take Mankins at the "right price". That is why its the RIGHT price.

Game over. Patriots drained too much time off the clock for nothing. Really pathetic game plan and their defense sucked today. Oh yeah, Branch is trash and so is Welker.

Their center and RG have sucked royally today.

What the hell are you watching ?

Anybody would take Mankins at the "right price". That is why its the RIGHT price.

I know but what would your "right price" be for an above average starting guard. He's good but not great. So how much of the Phins salary cap (if there is one next season) would you tie up with Mankins? How much will Ireland be willing to tie up and how much will Mankins be asking for. Guess we will have to wait to find out.

I know but what would your "right price" be for an above average starting guard. He's good but not great. So how much of the Phins salary cap (if there is one next season) would you tie up with Mankins? How much will Ireland be willing to tie up and how much will Mankins be asking for. Guess we will have to wait to find out.

Sorry bud. But Mankins is the definition of great. He's absolutely awesome in every sense of the word.

He's the best guard in the league (has been for the last few years) and he has no weaknesses as he's elite in both the running and passing game, along with being a fantastic puller. He's been hiding their center's weaknesses and their LT Matt Light's weaknesses since he returned.

Put Mankins next to Jake and it has the potential of being the best left side in NFL history.

The way our guard play has been. Give him whatever it takes to get him here. Our OL interior was abysmal and the reason we could not run the ball last year. Mankins changes that for the better.

Sorry bud. But Mankins is the definition of great. He's absolutely awesome in every sense of the word.

He's the best guard in the league (has been for the last few years) and he has no weaknesses as he's elite in both the running and passing game, along with being a fantastic puller. He's been hiding their center's weaknesses and their LT Matt Light's weaknesses since he returned.

Put Mankins next to Jake and it has the potential of being the best left side in NFL history.

Well you are more impressed with him than I am. I think he's good but I wouldn't call him great, I don't think his run blocking is as good as you believe it to be.

Still he's far superior to any guard the Dolphins have on their roster right now. So if you were Ireland you would outbid every other team for his services? Do you think this front office will go out and do that? I mean they did it for Dansby , they made the big deal and payed Marshall. Will they do it again this year with Mankins?

I doubt that they will pay that much for a guard, even if he is the best in the league. Just not seeing it happening.

Jets won the game today. Looks like they will be in the AFC Championship back-to-back.

What the playoffs should teach us is that your record doesn't necessarily define your success in the playoffs. HOWEVER, you have to deserve to be there. Seattle was 7 - 9, I think, this season and some how got in. They upset the Saints and then looked like chumps against the Bears.

You have to play good football in the regular season. And that means beating other good teams that will likely make the playoffs.

The Dolphins just need to start making the playoffs every season with a good looking team. It's that simple. Get in because you deserve to be there. Then you never know what might happen.

Back
Top Bottom