The Patriots Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots Offensive Line

they are all white, I like to call them the lumberjacks. Hell Bryan Hoyer would look like Brady behind that O-line like we wittnessed. The pressure on brady was due to elite coverage because those WRs suck.

The way our guard play has been. Give him whatever it takes to get him here. Our OL interior was abysmal and the reason we could not run the ball last year. Mankins changes that for the better.

He is the best Guard available and the Dolphins are desperate for starters at both Guard spots. Still I would like to see them upgrade at Center too. Will Long/Mankins make up for he weakness of either Berger/Incognito at center. I would love to see this team have a dominant Offensive line. The Defensive front 7 is already pretty good but I'd also like to see them upgrade at ILB.

Being able to dominate the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense is the first step to becoming an elite team. Yeah I know you need at least an average QB, that's another subject for a different thread.

Well you are more impressed with him than I am. I think he's good but I wouldn't call him great, I don't think his run blocking is as good as you believe it to be.

First off, Mankins on a play-per-play basis has the best metrics of any guard in the league THIS YEAR in the 2010 season.

In 2008 his +29.9 run blocking grade was significantly higher than any other guard, and in 2009 he was right up there as the best as well. In 2009 he was rated metrics-wise as the #1 guard in the league overall, and it was by a wide margin.

As a run-blocker, Mankins finished sixth in positive blocks made in the run game (80 total in 510 attempts.). Alan Faneca (91 positive blocks on 729 attempts) and Carl Nicks (91 positive blocks on 582 attempts) had more, but Mankins’ ratio was best.

His pass protection is also excellent. As is his pulling ability which is at an elite level. He excels with the short screen plays the Patriots are known to use, and ranked as the best (+5.0) screen-blocking guard in the league.

You need to pay closer attention because the guy is not only great but dominant.

You need to pay closer attention because the guy is not only great but dominant.

Ok the stats back up what you said, so I admit, Mankins is better than I had thought. I knew is was a great in pass protection just didn't know he was as dominant a run blocker.

Do you believe the Dolphins will go all out to bring him to Miami? Lets say if there is new CBA agreement with a higher salary cap. Will the Dolphins go out and sign a proven dominant Guard like Mankins or will they solely go the draft route again? Just looking for opinions on what people believe the Dolphins will do.

Back
Top Bottom