The Perception of the State of our Franschie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Perception of the State of our Franschie

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
The longer this postseason continues, the more I question the pounding our Organization gets. And it's purely perception. Let's look at a few other franchises and it becomes clear to me that Miami is far from the dysfunctional misfits of the NFL as some writers would like to paint us.

1. New York jets.

That locker room started to implode midway through the season. It came to full boil at the conclusion of the season finale and is continuing now. Sanchez is losing the respect of his players, coaches and media. The guy is in a world of hurt unless he creates some sort of Tebow like magic. Players throwing each other under the bus, cussing at the media... give me a break. Circus.. I think so. One last thought... We got flamed last year for entertaining coaches while Sparano was still hired? Didn't they just do that to Schottenheimer while hiring Sparano? Same bull**** to me.. but no-one is criticizing their organization. Perception indeed. Now there is talk about bringing in Todd Haley. Poor Tony... you deserve so much better than Ryan on one side and Haley on the other.

2. Buffalo Bills.

Everyone's darling through the first month. Toilet dwellers since. And don't sell me on career backups becoming legit starters. Fitzgerald was absolutely awful after he signed his contract. I see the same in Flynn.

3 Oakland Raiders

Does it need explaination?

4. St. Louis Rams

They were absolutely garbage last year? And they are supposed to be the better landing spot for fisher.. what a joke. They are YEARS away.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Mike Mularkey??? yea, good luck with that. Good hire for the new owner. Liquor sales in Jacksonville will rise by 280% next year.

6. Kansas City Chiefs

Romeo O' Romeo... Can you see their prayers being answered. Could you imagine if WE hired him? Implosion/explosion of the fan base.

So IMO we get a bum rap when it comes to media coverage and perception. I also think that fans swallow up those "opinions" as gospel and form opinions of our organization on other peoples assumptions and guesses. Could you imagine someone hating on you before even meeting you? Or hating on you based on heresy and speculation? Or by what other people have said about you. I can tell you that you would HATE it. But we're willing to throw our beloved franchise under the bus based on someone else's opinions.

Mark my words... Fisher or no Fisher, our next coach will make us a perennial playoff contender. And these rough seas will become distant memories. Every franchise has ups and downs. This is just our turn. But don't let the current media bull**** tarnish the reputation our great franchise with it's biased, and sensationalized "perceptions."

Jaguars will be in LA within 5 years. They didn't hire Mularkey to win, they hired him to play out the plot of the film MAJOR LEAGUE.

honestly, a lot of fans of other teams don't view us as a joke franchise despite what some people here may claim. They didn't like the Harbaugh thing, but otherwise they just see us as missing a QB

honestly, a lot of fans of other teams don't view us as a joke franchise despite what some people here may claim. They didn't like the Harbaugh thing, but otherwise they just see us as missing a QB

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard a friend say "You guys are good, you just need a quarterback" I'd probably own the dolphins :lol:

I agree and I think the media just finds it easy to pick on a new owner especially after the coaching mistake last year. If Fisher or Zimmer come here we will get that reputation back that has been lost over the years.

Nothing more ridiculous than reading that 'we are the laughing stock of the league' when it's posted here on Finheaven.

I hope you are right about becoming perennial contenders again....these things run in cycles...the Pats had their run and the sun will be setting on Brady's career soon. Hopefully we can recapture the glory. With Fisher, it could be setting up that way.

I disagree about Crennel. I think he will do a good job in KC. I would not like him in Miami.
Buffalo has some talent, but a lot of holes to fill. They are a few years away at best.
Jacksonville..they just put the final nail in their franchise hiring Mularky.
Oakland, I actually thought they were starting to turn the corner until they faded from injuries. Now they just blew it up again.
The Jets, they have some talent, but no QB. They will still be a thorn, but no contender.
The Rams, if they lose on Fish, I think they will hire Chud. It would be a great move for them.
Tampa Bay, a pretty good team had a bad year. They should have kept Raheem Morris.

The longer this postseason continues, the more I question the pounding our Organization gets. And it's purely perception. Let's look at a few other franchises and it becomes clear to me that Miami is far from the dysfunctional misfits of the NFL as some writers would like to paint us.

1. New York jets.

That locker room started to implode midway through the season. It came to full boil at the conclusion of the season finale and is continuing now. Sanchez is losing the respect of his players, coaches and media. The guy is in a world of hurt unless he creates some sort of Tebow like magic. Players throwing each other under the bus, cussing at the media... give me a break. Circus.. I think so. One last thought... We got flamed last year for entertaining coaches while Sparano was still hired? Didn't they just do that to Schottenheimer while hiring Sparano? Same bull**** to me.. but no-one is criticizing their organization. Perception indeed. Now there is talk about bringing in Todd Haley. Poor Tony... you deserve so much better than Ryan on one side and Haley on the other.

2. Buffalo Bills.

Everyone's darling through the first month. Toilet dwellers since. And don't sell me on career backups becoming legit starters. Fitzgerald was absolutely awful after he signed his contract. I see the same in Flynn.

3 Oakland Raiders

Does it need explaination?

4. St. Louis Rams

They were absolutely garbage last year? And they are supposed to be the better landing spot for fisher.. what a joke. They are YEARS away.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

Mike Mularkey??? yea, good luck with that. Good hire for the new owner. Liquor sales in Jacksonville will rise by 280% next year.

6. Kansas City Chiefs

Romeo O' Romeo... Can you see their prayers being answered. Could you imagine if WE hired him? Implosion/explosion of the fan base.

So IMO we get a bum rap when it comes to media coverage and perception. I also think that fans swallow up those "opinions" as gospel and form opinions of our organization on other peoples assumptions and guesses. Could you imagine someone hating on you before even meeting you? Or hating on you based on heresy and speculation? Or by what other people have said about you. I can tell you that you would HATE it. But we're willing to throw our beloved franchise under the bus based on someone else's opinions.

Mark my words... Fisher or no Fisher, our next coach will make us a perennial playoff contender. And these rough seas will become distant memories. Every franchise has ups and downs. This is just our turn. But don't let the current media bull**** tarnish the reputation our great franchise with it's biased, and sensationalized "perceptions."

Well we all know that ESPN and many other outlets hate the Dolphins for some reason. ESPN does not show Dolphins highlights unless it's on ESPN primetime. Maybe it's because idiot Chris Berman loves Buffalo. I can't wait until we become a force again and shut these idiots up. It's been a long time coming but sooner or later the sleeping giant that is the Miami Dolphins is going to awaken and the AFC East and the league will be ours!!!

I average being in 8 different NFL cities a month sometimes more so I have a pretty good grasp of how we are viewed. During Harbaughgate through firing Meatball it was getting pretty ugly and laughable. Now mostly we are seen as a mediocre franchise in need of direction and discipline.

Ireland is not seen in a positive light by most. Viewed as a weak gm, and takes a lots off heat from harbaughgate, them Dez situation, and Clark situation.

It is what it is being a Dolphin fan! I stopped bidding for game days off after the first month of the season. If I got them off great! If I was working I made sure I was done by kickoff. So being on the road and usually the only guy at the bar in Dolphin gear you hear it all. But hey its true! Only way to solve it is win!

Well we all know that ESPN and many other outlets hate the Dolphins for some reason. ESPN does not show Dolphins highlights unless it's on ESPN primetime. Maybe it's because idiot Chris Berman loves Buffalo. I can't wait until we become a force again and shut these idiots up. It's been a long time coming but sooner or later the sleeping giant that is the Miami Dolphins is going to awaken and the AFC East and the league will be ours!!!

I equate it to several factors... 1) they like to kick em while they're down, and 2) shoddy journalism.

I don't think it's necessarily isolated to Miami, but the media turns into a witch hunt at any sign of bad news, or discontent. remember when Ricky tested positive and quit football. That was when I believe was the beginning of our current situation.we became media fodder for everything that is a circus in the NFL. Thank God this off-season it's going to be he Jets. Shoddy journalism because twitter has proven that they don't even generate their own stories. It's like the write stories based on the story that someone else wrote. How can you base your opinion on something if you truly haven't went to the source yourself?!

What a joke.

Bar none the toughest town on their team is Chicago! The local guys were crushing the Bears FO from the draft, through FA, Martz, Cutler going down, etc.....

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard a friend say "You guys are good, you just need a quarterback" I'd probably own the dolphins :lol:

I live in Maine, if I had a nickel, I'd own the Fins, Marlins, and Heat.

Back
Top Bottom