the raiders need... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the raiders need...

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
ricky williams they are dead last in rushing (yes even behind us) in the afc ricky will end up with the raiders and we will end up getting pretty much nothing if were lucky a 3rd but right now i would take anything!

Why do they NEED Ricky? He can't help them this year. They'll just draft somebody with their own high pick - just like we will.

this years RB draft is like last years QB draft..

you have Brown Benson and Willaims that will all go in the first.

we may not get much this year for Ricky, but you can bet there will be a conditional pick in there for the future. You don't a young talented running back like that for nothing. So even if all we get is a 4th this year for him in the long run I feel we will get some value.

rickysux said:
ricky williams they are dead last in rushing (yes even behind us) in the afc ricky will end up with the raiders and we will end up getting pretty much nothing if were lucky a 3rd but right now i would take anything!

I don't want them to allow him to play again! Let him get a 9-5 job, making his butt struggle the rest of his life, while he pays WH back!

No! A third rounder is not enough.

Look, unless we get a top 15 first rounder for the guy, we're keeping him. Ricky will be back and we'll play him for the next three years.

He's going to take a beating from our own players next year. If he can survive that, and play at the level he was two years ago then we have no choice to accept it.

I know it's messed up, but do you really want to trade Ricky williams for a third rounder, then have him gain 2000 yards a year for the next four years in silver and black? I don't. That would be insult to injury. Much better for the team to deal with it inhouse. If we can get a top 15 pick though from the Raiders, I'd do it. We can replace Ricky with either Cedric Benson or Cadillac Willams and move on from there. Anything short of that, I say no way.

No one is going to give a top 15 for Ricky....no is going to give a pick for the first half of the 7th round for Ricky...we're stuck with him for better or for worse.

I honestly believe that the coming coaching change (or not if Bates stays on) will give Ricky an opportunity to return to the team. The whole team has a "fresh start" feeling about it, and I don't see Ricky excluded from that. Had we managed a 3-4 or 4-4 record so far, I'd say that you could honestly blame Ricky for the drop in performance. That said, the absolute horrid performance by the Offense so far has done nothing but prove Ricky's point, and offer him an excuse as to why he left.

We get a first rounder for Ricky, or we keep him, simple as that. That might mean trading with the Raiders for a "conditional" first rounder in 2006, but that seems the only way we would get a decent offer.

There seems better odds of Ricky coming back and playing for us in 2005 then of him getting traded then. No way do I want to see him given up for a fourth or fifth round pick, not after he cost us TWO first rounders.

No: I dont want any part of Ricky coming into the AFC West. As big of a wackjob he is, one thing he sure knows how to do is run...Keep him there, or ship him to the NFC.

clear.gif

Rebar71 said:
Why do they NEED Ricky? He can't help them this year. They'll just draft somebody with their own high pick - just like we will.
I really don't see any team, with the possible exception of Oakland, wanting a quitter. Why would you pay a bunch for a player you can't trust? RW has the rep now, and he will have to live with it. I just don't see teams jumping to get him. And, if they do, they will probably want to pay minimal salary to him for taking the chance on him (like the Fins did with Cecil Collins...and we all know how that turned out). Nope, the NFL teams are smarter than to pay a bunch for Ricky or to offer potentially great players for him.

I can't believe Miami would ever give RW a chance to play again. I mean, what do you do, get the guy in the lineup then have him quit again? Let him sit where he's at, unless someone would give some decent picks for him, which isn't likely to happen.

The best route this team could take is to mend the fences with Ricky and let him run again.

The truth is with the failed drug tests he wasn't playing this year anyway, so the fact he quit actually accelerated moving on and trying to find a runner for this year.

If Ricky comes back ready to play with a real coach and improved O-line we can focus our draft picks elsewhere.

Runningbacks aren't that hard to find, New England got Corey Dillon.

Back
Top Bottom