the raiders need... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the raiders need...

Ozzy said:
I don't want them to allow him to play again! Let him get a 9-5 job, making his butt struggle the rest of his life, while he pays WH back!

EXACTLY

phinphanphrommi said:
I honestly believe that the coming coaching change (or not if Bates stays on) will give Ricky an opportunity to return to the team. The whole team has a "fresh start" feeling about it, and I don't see Ricky excluded from that. Had we managed a 3-4 or 4-4 record so far, I'd say that you could honestly blame Ricky for the drop in performance. That said, the absolute horrid performance by the Offense so far has done nothing but prove Ricky's point, and offer him an excuse as to why he left.
:yeahthat:

Bada Bing! Ricky will be back with the new HC. I think our record and the shape of this team kinda validates him on why he said "im gettin outta here."

We arent getting a #1 draft pick for him, nor are we getting a 2nd-4th rounder either so give it up people. His stock isnt that high... hehe high. Hes gonna come back at a tighter contract. Hes MUCH cheaper than Edge or Alexander and hes the same back as them. Ricky back gives us more room to sign a LT or somehow try to resign Surtain or give Randy and extension.

IDEAL: Ricky comes back, Feeley plays good this year, we sign Chris Samuels, draft Alex Barron with our traded down 1st rounder, trade PS and pick up a DT and C in the draft. Oline is Samuels-James-Rookie-Carey-Barron with Ricky as RB and Feeley as QB.

Philter25 said:
I think our record and the shape of this team kinda validates him on why he said "im gettin outta here."
Bullcrap. Nothing validates taking off 3 days before training camp.

Nobody liked Jim Brown when he was playing including most of his team mates.....I would offer him vets min....and lace his contract with big running incentives.....like...100,000 for each 150 yard game. Give him a chance to earn some of that 8.6 million back. We get what we want, he gets what he wants.....and we don't have to talk to each other........

Philter25 said:

Bada Bing! Ricky will be back with the new HC. I think our record and the shape of this team kinda validates him on why he said "im gettin outta here."

We arent getting a #1 draft pick for him, nor are we getting a 2nd-4th rounder either so give it up people. His stock isnt that high... hehe high. Hes gonna come back at a tighter contract. Hes MUCH cheaper than Edge or Alexander and hes the same back as them. Ricky back gives us more room to sign a LT or somehow try to resign Surtain or give Randy and extension.

IDEAL: Ricky comes back, Feeley plays good this year, we sign Chris Samuels, draft Alex Barron with our traded down 1st rounder, trade PS and pick up a DT and C in the draft. Oline is Samuels-James-Rookie-Carey-Barron with Ricky as RB and Feeley as QB.

You're forgetting that Ricky will have spent a year living in a tent, without a weight room, without an underwater treadmill, without lifting... he apparently is much smaller now. It's going to take Ricky a while to get back into football shape. Going from a regulated diet and intense lifting regime to smoking weed in a tent is disastrous for your body.

Maybe he'll come back, maybe he won't, but he's going to need a lot of elbow grease and some serious dedication.

I can't believe you guys. How in the hell do you bring him back? He's liable to quit again. I agree, it's pretty unlikely we'd get anything for him, but it's better to have him sit than to depend on a guy who is as likely to retire again as play the next game.

Ozzy said:
I don't want them to allow him to play again! Let him get a 9-5 job, making his butt struggle the rest of his life, while he pays WH back!
Took the words right out of my mouth, Oz. That is exactly what I have been saying, in no way do I want to see us let Ricky go for nothing, and allow him to continue playing without even feeling what he did to the Dolphins. Let him become the Dolphins waterboy or personal bench warmer.

Philter25 said:

ridiculous.
The first thing a new coach will need to do is install some discipline and accountability. There is no way he can do that if Ricky is given a free pass.

BlueFin said:
The best route this team could take is to mend the fences with Ricky and let him run again.

The truth is with the failed drug tests he wasn't playing this year anyway, so the fact he quit actually accelerated moving on and trying to find a runner for this year.

If Ricky comes back ready to play with a real coach and improved O-line we can focus our draft picks elsewhere.

Runningbacks aren't that hard to find, New England got Corey Dillon.

I totally disagree!!! He should never, ever put on a Miami uniform again~~~EVER!!

And I know, by seeing all the restructured #34 Jersey's around the stadium, that most season ticket holders would agree with me.

FinzManiac said:
Once again....we won't ge squat for Ricky....so continue dreaming

That's 100% wrong.

We can get a conditional '06 pick for him, just like the second pick we gave for him was conditional. It would be based on his performance in the '05 season.

Happens all the time, it'll happen in this case IMO, because there's no way RW ever plays for Miami again.

tay0365 said:
Took the words right out of my mouth, Oz. That is exactly what I have been saying, in no way do I want to see us let Ricky go for nothing, and allow him to continue playing without even feeling what he did to the Dolphins. Let him become the Dolphins waterboy or personal bench warmer.

I stand by this, that if he does end up playing for Miami ever again, and he scores a TD in the End Zone where I sit, I'm tossing my X-large size water bottle at him.

When a person shows you that he is willing to quit on something, he is more apt to do it over and over again........ESPECIALLY if he gets away with it!!!! And this clown chose to throw excuse, after excuse at us, like it was not his fault, or is was wanny, or it was something he thought of for a long time, when in fact it was the dreaded drug test!! Then he had the nerve to say he does not care what the fans or his x mates think............

man i could go on like the eveready battery on Quity Williams.

BlueFin said:
The best route this team could take is to mend the fences with Ricky and let him run again.

The truth is with the failed drug tests he wasn't playing this year anyway, so the fact he quit actually accelerated moving on and trying to find a runner for this year.

If Ricky comes back ready to play with a real coach and improved O-line we can focus our draft picks elsewhere.

Runningbacks aren't that hard to find, New England got Corey Dillon.

No, F--- ricky. There is absolutely no excuse for what he did. Let him ROT.

Yeah lets let Ricky back and him and Taylor can make up and he can carry the rock all season for us and he can payback the 8.3 mil. when ever the Fins get in a critical situation and need to win he can conviently fumble the ball away because he's resentful of Wayne H. for dragging his as$ to court and forcing him to play ball when all he really wants to do is smoke pot and find the truth. Lets face it we all know he has a fumbling problem, we all know he was an introvert in the locker room, he didn't have any close friends on the team, so yeah it would be perfect for him, play for the organization that is forcing him to play to pay. And at any time he can thumb his nose at the org. by simpling dropping the rock at critical times.

If Ricky wants to play he can do it elsewhere IMO.

Chances are the BEST the Phins can get for Ricky in this YEARS draft is a 3rd or 4th....But they should be able to get another pick in next years draft that could go as high as a 1st. Based on his performance and DRUG SCREENS.

I would like to see the PHINS trade RICKY to the RAIDERS with Marty Booker.

They should be able to get:
1st round pick, Jake Grove (Center) & a pick in next years draft that could end up being a 1st. Based on RICKY's performance & drug screening!

Then Draft:
Mike Williams & Ahmad Brooks (LB)....Zach is WITHIN 4 seasons of taking a LONG VACTION! Junior is either gone or here for 1 more season. Greenwood might exit in FA and Eddie Moore...lol

Then Sign:
Edge or Alexander for the NEW RB!
Solid OL....NOT $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 DOLLAR LT's.....

Back
Top Bottom