The Ravens signing Stallworth.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ravens signing Stallworth..

lol @ anyone who thought Stallworth was the "answer" to our WR needs, why would we want him?

Yes, he made a mental mistake. He was driving early in the morning after drinking the night previous and hit a man who was not in a crosswalk and was not visible to him. He paid the price, and was nothing but supportive and helpful to the victims and the court. Despite what happened he has been a stand up guy. People make mistakes, if you're going to judge and call him a loser, I'ld say Donte is more of winner than yourself professionally.

haha really? are you actually being serious about him being supportive of the victims fam and the courts? did you expect him to say "lock me up for the full sentence, i want to sit in jail for what ive done" of course hes gonna say and do whatever it takes to get out as soon as possible...i think your post would make the "C'MON MAN!" segment...

Crap. Would love to have signed him and given him a shot as our #2 guy. Then, either trade for Boldin or draft Dez. With that little amount of money the Ravens gave him, how could you not sign him and see what he's got?

Today the Baltimore Ravens signed Donte Stallworth for almost no money at all.. only 900k for a year. This tells me the Dolphins were not interested and have another WR as their priority. 900k is nothing for a #1 wide out... the browns had previously had him under contract for 35 mil! The man made a mental mistake which had nothing to do with the game, got suspended for a year, and is back. THE DOLPHINS need a number 1 playmaker, this has been voiced by us, and the FO. If there was a #1 available for nothing, why not snag him for that chump change and give him a shot, and still have the ability to draft dez.. unless they have another WR that they have more than their eyes on. Armando and a few of you other people who say a playmaking WR is not a top priority of ours is wrong. We have a great group of guys, who for the most part, can catch the ball. WE NEED A BIG TRUE #1 who will draw most coverage to him as you all already know...
Donte messed up his one big contract he was going to get to end his career with.. he just like Tedd Ginn was drafted Way to early (13th overall) he had 1 good year. The odds of him doing that here would be slim especially since he would have to face reporters after the game.
maybe if he ran over the guy in baltimore instead of miami the tables would turn though. Seems to close to home for Stallworth to miami ever to of worked.

Crap. Would love to have signed him and given him a shot as our #2 guy. Then, either trade for Boldin or draft Dez. With that little amount of money the Ravens gave him, how could you not sign him and see what he's got?

we have enough #2's...i prefer Hartline to Stallworth anyway. Dude is gonna be nice, he showed some serious potential this year.

He made a "mental mistake" !!!!!!! Nice, way to down grade murdering someone, I guess R.Lewis made a mental mistake too! Your wrong it had everything to do with the game, your actions off the field speak volumes of the player you are on the field and on a team.

Wow, to think the FO might have different plans then to sign some loser to lead our young players! Easy move by the FO because signing this guy would have been a huge mistake!

Two murderers on one team, Ray and Donte will get along great I imagine. :)

I am not a big fan of dog piling on a poster or post, but #1 WR for 900k? In what world? They have no idea what they got because he did not play football last year. This is the same reason I do not want Dez at #12. You do not get better at football watching it on TV, I do not care if it is a Sony Justin Timberlake.

His best season ever was 70 grabs for 900 yards, but that was 5 years ago after playing in the same offense for a while. His last season he appeared in 11 games and had 17 grabs. Ginn has better stats than that. The guy could not prove to be a #2 playing opposite of Moss with Brady slinging the ball his way, moreless a #1.

Yes, Baltimore may get a steal, but they also could end up losing a draft pick and the 900k if he does anything to get suspended again.

I am not a big fan of dog piling on a poster or post, but #1 WR for 900k? In what world? They have no idea what they got because he did not play football last year. This is the same reason I do not want Dez at #12. You do not get better at football watching it on TV, I do not care if it is a Sony Justin Timberlake.

His best season ever was 70 grabs for 900 yards, but that was 5 years ago after playing in the same offense for a while. His last season he appeared in 11 games and had 17 grabs. Ginn has better stats than that. The guy could not prove to be a #2 playing opposite of Moss with Brady slinging the ball his way, moreless a #1.

Yes, Baltimore may get a steal, but they also could end up losing a draft pick and the 900k if he does anything to get suspended again.

Why would they end up losing a draft pick?

Which hurt more

dontestallworthcrushed-1.jpg

or this

sentenced to 30 days in the Dade County Jail to be followed by:
2 years of community control (house arrest)
8 years of reporting probation with the following special conditions:
1. drug and alcohol evaluation and treatment if recommended
2. random drug testing
3. lifetime driver’s license suspension and no driving (editor’s note: after five years, Stallworth could be approved for driving for reasons like employment.)
4. $2,500 donation to MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
5. $2,500 donation to “Parents of Murdered Children”
6. 1,000 hours of community service and all community service projects will
be performed with the input and consent of the State Attorney’s Office.
These may include Public Service Announcements and speaking
engagements with children about the danger and risks associated with
drugs, alcohol, and driving, and how this case has affected him.
7. Cost Recovery to the Miami Beach Police Department in the amount of
$1,842.88
8. Cost Recovery to Miami-Dade Police Department in the amount of $813.14
9. Court Costs of $583.00″
10. 3 million+ for family of Mario Reyes

or this
the death of
Mario Reyes

Today the Baltimore Ravens signed Donte Stallworth for almost no money at all.. only 900k for a year. This tells me the Dolphins were not interested and have another WR as their priority. 900k is nothing for a #1 wide out... the browns had previously had him under contract for 35 mil! The man made a mental mistake which had nothing to do with the game, got suspended for a year, and is back. THE DOLPHINS need a number 1 playmaker, this has been voiced by us, and the FO. If there was a #1 available for nothing, why not snag him for that chump change and give him a shot, and still have the ability to draft dez.. unless they have another WR that they have more than their eyes on. Armando and a few of you other people who say a playmaking WR is not a top priority of ours is wrong. We have a great group of guys, who for the most part, can catch the ball. WE NEED A BIG TRUE #1 who will draw most coverage to him as you all already know...

A mental mistake is farting in class not killing a guy while drunk.

Did I read that right? Did you say the Stallworth is a #1 Receiver? You are Joking Right?

Stallworth isn't even close to being a #1 Receiver. He wasn't before he was jailed and suspended for murder. After a year off he surely will not be a #1 nor will he ever be. Stallworth is an injury prone WR with Suspect hands. I am glad the Ravens signed him, I didn't want him here!

Why would they end up losing a draft pick?

Because the commish started the rule that teams are accountable for their player's actions, around the same time of the Vick and Pacman fiascos. If a team continues to play a player who can not stay out of the courtroom they can be fined and be penalized by losing a draft pick. I am not sure if this rule have ever been inforced, but I think it was.

Stallworth was never, and will never be a #1. And no, this doesn't mean anything about having other players on the radar. It means Stallworth has always been average at best, why would that change now.

Back
Top Bottom