The Real reason Bowles got the nod over Nolan. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Real reason Bowles got the nod over Nolan.

Ross knows he is not going to use any coach on staff next season. He is so sure of this fact that there is one glaring reason I can think of why he went to the untested young bowles over Nolan. Cuz he is black. Now Ross can get the NFL requirement out of the way to interview a minority coach. Now they can say they tried Bowles and it didnt work out. I think the minority rule is stupid anyway. I mean if you dont hire the best coach because he is a minority then you do it to your teams peril. The only team you hurt is your own. But I have to think this was the thought process and probably in a business sense it is a smart move especially after the Dez Bryant and Mike Tomlin issues.
cat_out_of_the_bag-1.gif

This topic was already beat to death. Why another thread starting up like its something new?

The courtesy interview after the season will.
funny i wasn't talking about a courtesy interview.
i was responding to the fact that some seem to think that bowles being named interim head coach means we have complied with the rooney rule. nfl rules say otherwise

NO! It was because he was the Assistant to the Head Coach. He's an up and coming coach that deserves a look after working at his craft for many years. Mike Nolan (Although also deserving) has already been tested and said in an interview that he personally prefers to be a coordinator because you actually get to coach the players rather than spend the majority of your time managing.

actually nolan could very well return next year, esp if billick turns up as the head coach. and... if nolan had been promoted its doubtful that he'd return to his DC duties here.

LOL you all are trying to make this an issue more than anyone else...No one else is bringing up rooney rule but the peopl here..Well yes it will satisfy the rule but I guess guys forget that he was the assistant head coach and usually thats how it works. If the president cant serve, the vice president steps in thats how it works in the hiearchy.

For the last time TB as interim HC doesn't satisfy the Rooney Rule. Interviews to satisfy the Rooney Rule must be done AFTER the season.

I'm also in the camp that Nolan was offered, but didn't want it for several possible reasons:

a. He's had his fill with HC'ing
b. Likes exactly where he is and feared "promotion" would jeopardize present position
c. Aspires to another HC opportunity and thought he'd have more capital built up as the architect of top D as his last position rather than risking an audition as acting HC of a dispirited under-performing team possibly diluting that credibility.

Back
Top Bottom