The Rebuild Part 1.5: Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rebuild Part 1.5: Coaches

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
The dream of new ownership may be out of reach, but a new coaching staff isn't. Perhaps Gase gets another year with Tannehill, but I guarantee you that will not work. Ross is continually be faced with one failure after another. It has to be getting expensive, even for him.

My choices are as follows:
GM: Eliot Wolf Of course, who else? Every needy team in the league wants him, but the Packers have been refusing interviews. How long can they keep this up? Time for some bribery/blackmail/extortion/ maybe a kidnapping.

HC Mike Shula What better name for renaissance than that of a cherished icon of generations past.
OC Mike Munchak Probably, if not certainly the best OL and running game coach in the NFL right now.
DC Todd Bowles if he comes available, or Jim Leonhard of Wisconsin.

Defense would be undefinable. A cross between Cheif's odd front and Wade Phillips one gap attack. Ndamakong Suh unchained!! Elite CB's on the boundary would be ideal.
Offense would be based on a lot of double TE with WR's consistently running deep routes. 6 WR's and 4 TE's on the 53 would be a foregone conclusion.

Trade: Tannehill,Ja'wuan James,Timmons,Xavien Howard. Tag and trade Jarvis Landry.

Timmons. Doubt we will ever know what was said, but Timmons is playing hard and looking great. I think he knows his guaranteed money is gone and I suspect he will be looking for a new team in 2018. His baby mama is in Philly I think? The Giants are right next door and have a horrible LB corps. I think we can get our 5th back. I would keep him if I thought he would play hard and actually wanted to be here.

Howard. Worthless imo, but like they say, it only takes one team. Maybe a 5th, or even a fourth because he is so young.

Ja'Wuan James was, ya was, PFF's 2nd ranked RT in the league. Too bad he is done, or wait, it may actually help his value. A highly ranked 25 year old former 1st round pick.....I know he may not be so highly esteemed by Dolphin fans, but that is the stuff of very high trade value. I'd say late 1st early 2nd value.

RT. Obviously his value would be all over the place from one extreme to the other. I'd go with late 1st-early second.
Maybe more from the Browns. That franchise is so extremely desperate beyond all desperation for a solid veteran starting QB. They have shot their wad and then some at drafting hyped up rookie QB's. I'd take their first 2nd round pick and Duke Johnson. When you combine grades for pass receiving and pass blocking, Duke has the best grades from PFF. The offense I expect would require a 3rd down back who is excellent at those two things. Besides, they will obviously be drafting Saquon.

Slap the tag on Landry at the last possible moment so he and his agent have plenty of time to be tampered with. The more familiar he and his agent are with his suitors and market value, the better. The Colts are going to have close to 100 mil in cap room next off season. They will probably sign Alshon Jeffrey, but they will be looking for much more for Luck when he returns. After Jeffrey, Landry would probably be at the top of the WR FA heap. Word is, they will let Moncrief hit FA. They will be drafting defense and OL. I expect them to sign the top RB free agent as well. They will know that Saquon will be gone to the Browns.

I think Landry would be very unhappy in Shula's offense. Dolphins acquire another early 2nd round pick.

Cuts: Pouncey,Julius Thomas,Ted Larsen

These moves would result in close to 70 mil in cap room being created.

Only William Hayes and the ERFA's would be retained. The other FA's could walk.

Why Why Why??? did these idiots change his contract to a one year deal????????? So infuriating!! Now, it will cost us 20 mil for a two year deal and he must be retained for this transition to work. Guys like him,with his versatility and talent are almost impossible to find.

FA Acquisitions:
Sign Vontae today!! By no means to play CB. I love him as a FS, even if it is just in specific sets. Dude is strong, and an excellent tackler when motivated. Redemption time for the Davis kid. He will come dirt cheap as well. Vontae is smart as whip when he isn't drunk and/or hungover and missing meetings.

CB Patrick Robinson He has been playing like a man possesed. I watched every Eagles game this year. He is for real.
As for the Eagles, they just extended Jernigan at 12 mil a year, and they had cap issues before that. Their other valuable veterans like Jeffrey and Robinson are as good as gone. What Robinson will get as he enters his 30's is anybody's guess.
I would give him 3 years 25 mil. His coverage has been extraordinary this year, but his run support has been astonishing as well. Hope we don't see a PED suspension, but it wouldn't surprise me. If he is clean, I would love this pick up.

TE Cameron Brate Brate is a RFA but I would make a hefty offer. Bucs drafted OJ Howard hgih and might not match.
Dolphins are going to try to bacome a much smarter football team. Here is a Harvard man. He spends most of his time as the y-receiver but he is making good strides as a blocker as well.

TE Lee Smith One of the best blocking TE's in the league. Both as a pass blocker and at run blocking, which is waaayyy more rare than you might think. Raiders made him take a pay cut after his broken leg. He won't be back.

CB Rashaan Melvin Oops, he will be tagged before hitting FA.

OG Andrew Norwell Maybe Shula can coax him on over from the Panthers.

Part Three: Draft and Roster

good thing you'll never be our GM

Right, but what is really important, is that T-Bomb isn't either. Nabbing Wolf would be the ultimate GM prize, and well worth any amount necessary to reel him in.

Oh man I hope this is some kind of joke and you are just throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks. Thx for the laugh I needed it. It's been such a depressing season. Just fix the Oline first. If it takes entire draft to do it then so be it. Take one QB in every draft until you find one. Tanny should be serviceable until then. Dang this team is killing me faster than I'd imagine sucks

Wow, if I wanted to see all these fantasy I could just watch Harry Porter

Ozzy rules!!

This post makes me think of the goose who lays the golden egg, only to realize that the goose is insane and is really producing ****.

Wow, if I wanted to see all these fantasy I could just watch Harry Porter

Ozzy rules!!
Harry Porter! Hahaha. Not sure if you meant that on purpose or it was some play on Joey Porter and Harry Potter. Our team is Dumb-eldorff.

Like eger said I appreciate the effort but there is a whole lot wrong with this, and most of it has no chance of happening.

Back
Top Bottom