The Significance Of This Game Is Enormous | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Significance Of This Game Is Enormous

The Brink of History

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi all, the anticipation of this upcoming game has caused me to watch numerous videos and scour the web for discussions of this game. In my search, I found this forum and thought I would give my input.

Think about the patriots dynasty for a minute. If you’re a dolphins fan then most likly the years have sort of blurred together. 15 years of mediocracy. 15 years of being humiliated, disrespected, and for good reason. 15 years of pain.

I remember these past few years having hope once again only for it to be decimated by injuries, coaches, scandals, and every other form of destruction that can overtake a team.

The patriots once again seem weak and vulnerable. However, remember for a second the countless times we have believed this before, only to be wrong, over and over again.

This game signifies so much. This is the best opportunity we have had since the dynasty began to make a statement.

A win and the dynasty is over, a new era begins, we become relevant once again.

A loss and the seemingly never ending dynasty continues, nothing changes, we are nothing.

Anyone who believes this game is an easy win for the dolphins is wrong. This will be one of the hardest games to win we have ever played.

As of now the patriots are still the patriots and we are still the dolphins. Change my mind Gase. A loss, any loss, is a failure. A win is glorious. There is no in between.

You're right it is. But this game really has the feel of a real, measurable turning point for a franchise game. Imagine the confidence the team would get if they stroll into Foxborough and smoke them.

Welcome to the OP. This is only the best Fin forum on the interwebs so hopefully you didn't have to scour too hard to find it.

I've been doing the same and my scouring led to PatsFans.com. This is a much bigger game to us Fin fans than it is to Pats fans. I counted 13-14 threads on the main page that are related to this week's game. Over on their forum, there is one. I read through it and only a small percentage actually discuss the Fins.

Zero impact on the game. Just thought the different mindset was interesting.

They lost to Buffalo 16-0 at home and still won the superbowl. Some fans are desperate, i hope the team isn't.

ExcellentIdenticalGraywolf-size_restricted.gif

I’m not sure losing an away game to NE, who Really needs this game, automatically means the continuity of a dynasty.

Let’s see how the season progresses along....

Hi all, the anticipation of this upcoming game has caused me to watch numerous videos and scour the web for discussions of this game. In my search, I found this forum and thought I would give my input.

Think about the patriots dynasty for a minute. If you’re a dolphins fan then most likly the years have sort of blurred together. 15 years of mediocracy. 15 years of being humiliated, disrespected, and for good reason. 15 years of pain.

I remember these past few years having hope once again only for it to be decimated by injuries, coaches, scandals, and every other form of destruction that can overtake a team.

The patriots once again seem weak and vulnerable. However, remember for a second the countless times we have believed this before, only to be wrong, over and over again.

This game signifies so much. This is the best opportunity we have had since the dynasty began to make a statement.

A win and the dynasty is over, a new era begins, we become relevant once again.

A loss and the seemingly never ending dynasty continues, nothing changes, we are nothing.

Anyone who believes this game is an easy win for the dolphins is wrong. This will be one of the hardest games to win we have ever played.

As of now the patriots are still the patriots and we are still the dolphins. Change my mind Gase. A loss, any loss, is a failure. A win is glorious. There is no in between.

Dude Im so hyped up after reading this!!!!

Longtime Finheaven Reader/member and I hope you stick around. Great post!

I too believe this is a huge game. I'd argue this is the biggest Dolphin game in years. Are we going to flop and continue to show our mediocrity? Are we going to prove to the national media that we don't deserve respect? Or are we finally going to a win a tough one.

Crazy though, the Pats win and they're 2-2. Last year they were also 2-2 and went to the Super Bowl. You gotta think they'll turn it on at some point which makes this game even bigger for us. Get them before the lights turn on for them

The pats are without Edleman and a couple defensive guys and are just alittle off right now. We are off to hot start. If we don't beat them now, when will we?

Back
Top Bottom