The Significance Of This Game Is Enormous | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Significance Of This Game Is Enormous

I too believe this is a huge game. I'd argue this is the biggest Dolphin game in years. Are we going to flop and continue to show our mediocrity? Are we going to prove to the national media that we don't deserve respect? Or are we finally going to a win a tough one.

Crazy though, the Pats win and they're 2-2. Last year they were also 2-2 and went to the Super Bowl. You gotta think they'll turn it on at some point which makes this game even bigger for us. Get them before the lights turn on for them
i think most of us are continuing to focus on past teams and history.....this year they aren't that good of a team, usually the rest of the east suck so bad that nobody even fights back and challenges them. I hope the team is focused and executes and finishes these guys off

First, welcome.

If you are indeed 17, very well-written, and kudos to you.

However, I think this game is of significant importance to US, the fans. I don’t think it’s as quite as significant to the teams involved. And I’ll tell you why.

I don’t think the coach of whichever team loses will let them get too low. I don’t think the coach of whichever team wins will let them get too high. And THAT is one of the reasons I love this year’s team. Because they don’t give a **** what the national media or fans say about them.

For that reason, the Patriots aren’t dead even if they lose Sunday. They’re an incredibly resilient and tough organization, top to bottom.

Now, all that being said, the Fins recognize this opportunity for what it is; a chance to take a firm grip on the AFC East. And the most amazing thing is this; they’re the ones playing with house money. They’re 3-0, the Pats are 1-2, and everyone on the planet including much of this board expects the Patriots to smoke the Dolphins.

Gase doesn’t lack bulletin board material for motivation this week. Let’s hope he has them seething when they come out of the locker room.

Gase wants this one, bad. All the crap that was said and written about the Dolphins trading away all their talent and that they would be the worst team in football. Gase is a chess player and I'd bet this game means a ton. He's taken his share of losses from BB and Tommy and he would like to spend his Sunday crushing that team at home.

For the record i rarely felt humiliated by New England. That distinction goes to the two "NY" teams.

We've held our own against that cheating machine and defended our building quite admirably at times.

Now its time to shave off a little slice of our own success at ladies gillette/kraft macaroni and cheese stadium.

Bring the 3 game lead back TO THE ROCK. (edit: techinically take it to Cincinnati, BUT YOU GET THE POINT)

Last edited:
“Nothing. Zero,” Gase answered when asked the significance of going to New England with a two-game division lead.

Division games against rivals are always huge. That's how you get in the playoffs. But this game goes beyond that, it proves that Gase knows what he's doing and the Dolphins are a force to be reckon with. It will be a changing of tides and it puts the Pats in a position they haven't been in over a decade.

I see 5 teams remaining on their schedule that could give NE a run for their money. They play the Chiefs, Vikings & the Packers in NE and the Steelers & Titans as away games. Then of course two Dolphin games. That's 7 games and the remaining are basically Colts, Bears and Jets/Bills twice.

Say they win 4 of those, that's only 3 more losses and they could end up 11-5.

We may have to go to get 12 wins to take the division.

I believe we're going to win. I don't say this with blind optimism. I say it because we are way too fast for their slow defense (and I imagine we are scheming to exploit it), they lack play-makers on offense, their running game is just not good. Tom Brady can't just play pitch and catch with Gronk all day. We'll double him up and bracket him the entire game. That leaves Gordon, who I think Howard can keep in check and we'll have help with him over the top. That doesn't leave Brady much to throw to. In reality, NE only has three good players on the offensive side of the ball: Brady and Gronk (of course) and Gordon, who may be rusty and is still learning their scheme. I think he'll be involved in some plays that they've installed just for him, but overall, he's still just learning. We also have the guys who can get after Brady and make him very uncomfortable in the pocket. Not just Wake and Quinn, but the interior of our defense has been pretty consistent getting in the QBs face. I'm not saying we're going to go into NE and just mop up the field with them. But I think we'll leave Foxboro 4-0.

If New England wins, I and most will chalk up the Detroit loss to them just being overconfident and looking past them. If they lose, the narrative really does change and they are officially a dynasty in decline. This game has huge implications for them and not so much for us. Even if we win, we will have beaten a team on the decline and the others. We will still have a lot to prove unless it is really impressive. A loss and we are still in it with a lot of upside and a lot of games still to be played.

It's the 4th game of the season.

Though very true about it just being the 4th game, this team has a chance...a hugely tough, and brutal chance, but a chance to put the 2nd dagger in the the Patriots.

Though through the years teams have been able to get that 1st dagger that wounds, or slightly hurts the Patriots in the regular season, nobody has ever gotten the 2nd one that put them in critical mode...Miami this weekend shows killer instinct, does the impossible, and beats them, the culture of both teams will change drastically...Pat's players will start to doubt themselves after losing three in a row, and be behind Miami by the same amount.

Last edited:
Very rare for Miami to be the 3-0 team and New England to be 1-2 team in an early matchup between them. Usually the other way around.

I’m afraid this place is gonna lose its marbles if we lose this game cause people are putting so much on it.

And yeah that would be great to go into Foxboro and come out with a w.

But to stay on schedule we just need to win one out of the next two.

And I think people also need to consider when miami has beaten the patriots of late Gronk has been out either suspended or injured. Robo cop suits up Sunday. And he’s a much bigger problem than Marshawn Lynch.

I do love the new found team speed adds on defense in baker and minkah. They were much needed.

Nobody should lose their marbles if we lose, we will still be in 1st place, and in control of our own destiny, but if Miami wins, people will/should lose their minds, considering how tough this game will be to win.

Since the last time we faced them (27-20 Dolphins win in Miami), they have lost.....

Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Nate Solder, Malcom Butler & Danny Amendola.

We had Jay Cutler leading us for the win last December when Brady threw 2 picks and had 1 TD. They rushed 10 times for 25 yards total.

Though through the years teams have been able to get that 1st dagger that wounds....

It's people that hold these overly dramatic opinions that are so confused about reality. It is a bane to civil discourse in society.

First, welcome.

If you are indeed 17, very well-written, and kudos to you.

However, I think this game is of significant importance to US, the fans. I don’t think it’s as quite as significant to the teams involved. And I’ll tell you why.

I don’t think the coach of whichever team loses will let them get too low. I don’t think the coach of whichever team wins will let them get too high. And THAT is one of the reasons I love this year’s team. Because they don’t give a **** what the national media or fans say about them.

For that reason, the Patriots aren’t dead even if they lose Sunday. They’re an incredibly resilient and tough organization, top to bottom.

Now, all that being said, the Fins recognize this opportunity for what it is; a chance to take a firm grip on the AFC East. And the most amazing thing is this; they’re the ones playing with house money. They’re 3-0, the Pats are 1-2, and everyone on the planet including much of this board expects the Patriots to smoke the Dolphins.

Gase doesn’t lack bulletin board material for motivation this week. Let’s hope he has them seething when they come out of the locker room.

Goat, though I normally agree withyou on what you write, I disagree here on one part, if Miami beats the the Pats, it is going to take huge amount of work by both coaching staffs to get both teams at even keel.

If the Patriots win, there should be no problem, the Patriots will feel good after win, but not so good that they don't recognize they will still be in 2nd place, and the Dolphins will feel bad on losing the game, but not so bad that they will not remember who is in 1st place, and in the drivers seat.

Miami wins, go up against the Patriots by 3 games, the players are going to feel bullet proof, and Gase is going to have his hands full keeping them grounded...on the other side, if the Pats lose in their home for the 3rd straight game, Bill could jump on a tightrope, upside down juggling three balls with one hand, and still will have a tough time getting his team to pay attention and believe him.

Back
Top Bottom