The sleeper team of 2004-05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The sleeper team of 2004-05

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Does anyone agree with me when I say to look out for the Baltimore Ravens?

Thoughts? Anthony Wright can only get better....

Kyle Boller will be their starting QB, not Anthony Wright. I wouldn't call the Ravens a sleeper mainly because they were in the playoffs this year.

I think it might be a little too early to look for sleepers.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Kyle Boller will be their starting QB, not Anthony Wright. I wouldn't call the Ravens a sleeper mainly because they were in the playoffs this year.

I think it might be a little too early to look for sleepers.

Exactly. Wright was a stopgap. He proved himself to be a competent fill-in QB, nothing more. And really, what exactly was so great about Wright anyway? As often as not, he threw the ball high and far, praying that Marcus Robinson could get under it or at least knock it down so it wouldn't get picked off.

I think Boller will be a good QB, and that it will happen sooner rather than later.

Sleeper pick for next year? Can't really say the Bengals, can I, because the cat's out of the bag there. I'll say the Texans.

Sleeper is the Ravens for me.

Think about it if they re-sign McAlly, Hartwell, and Andersen which they have room to do they are in great position.

Their only lack will be at WR. Lee Evans or Devard Darling could fall to them. Let's say they have Lee Evans well then he will be their go to guy by mid year. That's a great team right there. Maybe draft a CB in the third for the nickel and they are set. No downsides.

I am not sure how you can call a team a sleeper when they went to the playoffs but with them being under the cap by a estimated $25 mill and rumors of Warren Sapp coming to town this team will be a Force to Wreckon with!!

Imagine Miami being anywhere under the Cap..Thanks Wanny u F-er!!:yell: :yell: :yell: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Originally posted by TerryTate
Does anyone agree with me when I say to look out for the Baltimore Ravens?

Thoughts? Anthony Wright can only get better....
they made the playoffs last year, so they are not that much of a sleeper and Boller has been proclaimed the starter
Ravens: Billick tabs Boller as starter

A sleeper is a team everyone doesnt except to do well. Everyone i know thinks the Ravens will be a contender making them not a sleeper. Of course they will do well. They have the offensive and defensive players of the year on thier team. As well as 6 other pro bowlers plus i've seen they are trying to get Sapp.

Originally posted by musphinzfan
I am not sure how you can call a team a sleeper when they went to the playoffs but with them being under the cap by a estimated $25 mill and rumors of Warren Sapp coming to town this team will be a Force to Wreckon with!!

They've also got less than 30 guys signed to contracts for next season. That's the reason they're so far under. They've got the money to make a splash in free agency, but that $25 million under number is misleading.

The Saints!

::runs from room::

PS The Raves won't sneak up on anyone next year. I had them as my sleeper pick for this year.

Back
Top Bottom