The South Beach Solution to 2014 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The South Beach Solution to 2014

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not touting my name here. This is a combined effort of myself and a few friends, which took a lot of discussion/debate and MANY beers. It's not as exact as some but, at this point in time, no one can be. Here we go.

QB- Tannehill beyond any shadow of any doubt. Anyone in the media saying differently has no clue. We are keeping Moore as great insurance, and Devlin as well.

RB- We are keeping Miller and DT this year to see what they can do with a bit of blocking. We are drafting a RB in the 3rd or 4th if we cannot sign Blunt or Bradshaw, which is unlikely.

TE- We keep Clay, Sims, and Egnew. We like Sims to come on this year, and wh knows on Egnew?

WR- We like what we have but, wold look for a WR in the middle rounds, depending wh is there.

OL- We want Collins at LT, Deithrich-Smith at C, Pouncey at LG, Asamorah at RG, a band-aid like Clabo at RT, and a 2nd round pick to compete with him or develop in a year.

DL- We are very happy with what we have at DE. At DT, we sign Joseph, Wilfork, or another, and draft one in the first round. There are 4-5 who merit the pick, and will be available. WE cut ties with Starks and Soliai and wish them well.

LB- We are staying with what we have, and expect substantial improvement.

S- We re-sign Clemons. TJ Ward was considered here but, Clemons experience and being the DB QB gave him the edge. We are hoping that Jones comes back to be at least solid, and want to see more of that Michael Thomas guy, who came ot of nowhere to win us a game.

CB- We want to franchise Grimes, and can easily afford to do so with what we did at DT. IF he agrees to a fair deal for 2-3 years, we adapt. We cut Pattersn, as we believe Taylor needs to play and will be VG. We keep Carroll to hedge our opinion on Taylor.

That's the run down from the South Beach Crew, and Olympic Drinking Team (in training).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that IF we can do what is laid out here, we expect to win our division, and at least one playoff game.

If we put TJ ward with Reshad jones we are going to give up about 5 touchdowns per game

I think Solai will stay. Also, I have a hard time seeing 4 FA starting on the o-line, counting Clabo.

DL - I disagree with Solai. I would keep him and let Starks walk. I would sign Tony McDaniel to replace Starks.

OL - I would make a big push to sign Alex Mack and move Pouncey to RG. He is better than Pouncey, and he doesn't give away the snap. He would be my primary FA target.
Brenner is the incumbent at LG. Both Brenner and Pouncey can run and play with intensity. At tackle, I would resign McKinnie as a back up LT(and mentor) and look for another free agent RT to start. We should take a shot gun approach to our woeful LT tackle issues and draft 2 tackles. Hopefully 1 will be a player. I would keep Garner as a swing back up. He can fill in at all positions. On top of all that, sign whatever good players we can as far as free agents. We need to look at a lot of guys. We need total over haul.

LB - We are stuck with Ellerbee and wheeler due to their contracts, but I would draft 2 more LB's and get them into the line up ASAP. Wheeler was a mistake. He cannot play LB.

RB - I would cut Diane Thomas. He has done nothing. Sign pocket Hercules and draft another big back to replace DT. Give Miller another year to prove himself. This unit needs to be bigger and more physical.

CB - Grimes is a priority. He must be signed. I am not sold on Carroll, but he is solid at best. I would take a look at the FA's. Hopefully our 2013 draft picks will amount to something.

Safety - Jones and Clemons. I would like to find a big safety like Chancellor. We need a thumper in the secondary.

QB - RT, Moore, Devlin

WR - Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews. Add another tall long armed receiver with flypaper for hands for the red zone.

TE - Clay, Keller, Egnew

I'm not touting my name here. This is a combined effort of myself and a few friends, which took a lot of discussion/debate and MANY beers. It's not as exact as some but, at this point in time, no one can be. Here we go.

QB- Tannehill beyond any shadow of any doubt. Anyone in the media saying differently has no clue. We are keeping Moore as great insurance, and Devlin as well.

RB- We are keeping Miller and DT this year to see what they can do with a bit of blocking. We are drafting a RB in the 3rd or 4th if we cannot sign Blunt or Bradshaw, which is unlikely.

TE- We keep Clay, Sims, and Egnew. We like Sims to come on this year, and wh knows on Egnew?

WR- We like what we have but, wold look for a WR in the middle rounds, depending wh is there.

OL- We want Collins at LT, Deithrich-Smith at C, Pouncey at LG, Asamorah at RG, a band-aid like Clabo at RT, and a 2nd round pick to compete with him or develop in a year.

DL- We are very happy with what we have at DE. At DT, we sign Joseph, Wilfork, or another, and draft one in the first round. There are 4-5 who merit the pick, and will be available. WE cut ties with Starks and Soliai and wish them well.

LB- We are staying with what we have, and expect substantial improvement.

S- We re-sign Clemons. TJ Ward was considered here but, Clemons experience and being the DB QB gave him the edge. We are hoping that Jones comes back to be at least solid, and want to see more of that Michael Thomas guy, who came ot of nowhere to win us a game.

CB- We want to franchise Grimes, and can easily afford to do so with what we did at DT. IF he agrees to a fair deal for 2-3 years, we adapt. We cut Pattersn, as we believe Taylor needs to play and will be VG. We keep Carroll to hedge our opinion on Taylor.

That's the run down from the South Beach Crew, and Olympic Drinking Team (in training).

QB- agree

RB- agree but a guy like Gerhart who is the type of RB needed and will definitely be available in my opinion

TE- agree no dire need of new guy

WR- don't need a new guy, same as last year if a guy goes down go get a patchwork guy

OL- I want the top LT like Albert, Monroe, Veldheer. Collins as a backup plan. Keep Pouncey at center. Graft a top Guard for LG. I like Asamoah as RG. 2nd or 3rd round pick at RT and keep Mckinnie as a backup LT or start at RT if possible, i don't like Clabo what so ever

DT- sign Starks and/or Solia. Prefer Starks but both guys are good and keep Francis to finish the rotation then a draft pick as well. Obviously have Odrick there.

LB- Everybody is overreacting about Wheel even tho he was the leading tackler and if a little better no reason overreact. Ellerbee was fine, Misi was Misi not spectacular but solid

S- Jones is good and Clemons was good so resign Clemons and safety will be good no need for big name guys are high draft picks there.

CB- Grimes will be back one way another. Patterson should be back, restructure if needed. The only way i think he should get cut is if they really start to press against the cap. both Taylor and Davis will be healthy and better. let Carroll go

I am looking for a little bit of house cleaning of Ireland's bombs. Hickey will want to put some of his flavor on this team this year. Guys like Egnew and D Thomas are going to be shown the door, they no longer have blind hope from Ireland. I don't expect Hickey's changes to be drastic but there will be some and it won't just be the OLine.

I think Solai will stay. Also, I have a hard time seeing 4 FA starting on the o-line, counting Clabo.

Mostly looking for 3, with a band aid at RT to compete with our #2 pick. We're basing things n what we now know, and which FA's actually come available is gonna change things.

DL - I disagree with Solai. I would keep him and let Starks walk. I would sign Tony McDaniel to replace Starks.

OL - I would make a big push to sign Alex Mack and move Pouncey to RG. He is better than Pouncey, and he doesn't give away the snap. He would be my primary FA target.
Brenner is the incumbent at LG. Both Brenner and Pouncey can run and play with intensity. At tackle, I would resign McKinnie as a back up LT(and mentor) and look for another free agent RT to start. We should take a shot gun approach to our woeful LT tackle issues and draft 2 tackles. Hopefully 1 will be a player. I would keep Garner as a swing back up. He can fill in at all positions. On top of all that, sign whatever good players we can as far as free agents. We need to look at a lot of guys. We need total over haul.

LB - We are stuck with Ellerbee and wheeler due to their contracts, but I would draft 2 more LB's and get them into the line up ASAP. Wheeler was a mistake. He cannot play LB.

RB - I would cut Diane Thomas. He has done nothing. Sign pocket Hercules and draft another big back to replace DT. Give Miller another year to prove himself. This unit needs to be bigger and more physical.

CB - Grimes is a priority. He must be signed. I am not sold on Carroll, but he is solid at best. I would take a look at the FA's. Hopefully our 2013 draft picks will amount to something.

Safety - Jones and Clemons. I would like to find a big safety like Chancellor. We need a thumper in the secondary.

QB - RT, Moore, Devlin

WR - Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews. Add another tall long armed receiver with flypaper for hands for the red zone.

TE - Clay, Keller, Egnew

We pretty much agree. I would want Soliai more if Coyle used 3-4 to change things up but, don't see him doing that. That makes Soliai a liability in a 3 man rotation.

I do not see Mack as an option which be available, and in no way do I see McKennie as a option who will be. Brenner flashed but mostly got killed last year, although with potential.

The other differences are of little consequence.

QB- agree

RB- agree but a guy like Gerhart who is the type of RB needed and will definitely be available in my opinion

TE- agree no dire need of new guy

WR- don't need a new guy, same as last year if a guy goes down go get a patchwork guy

OL- I want the top LT like Albert, Monroe, Veldheer. Collins as a backup plan. Keep Pouncey at center. Graft a top Guard for LG. I like Asamoah as RG. 2nd or 3rd round pick at RT and keep Mckinnie as a backup LT or start at RT if possible, i don't like Clabo what so ever

DT- sign Starks and/or Solia. Prefer Starks but both guys are good and keep Francis to finish the rotation then a draft pick as well. Obviously have Odrick there.

LB- Everybody is overreacting about Wheel even tho he was the leading tackler and if a little better no reason overreact. Ellerbee was fine, Misi was Misi not spectacular but solid

S- Jones is good and Clemons was good so resign Clemons and safety will be good no need for big name guys are high draft picks there.

CB- Grimes will be back one way another. Patterson should be back, restructure if needed. The only way i think he should get cut is if they really start to press against the cap. both Taylor and Davis will be healthy and better. let Carroll go

We differ in the trenches, and I believe that is because I am looking at the money/cap space for the next two years with what is coming up. Other than that, we are on the same page.

I am looking for a little bit of house cleaning of Ireland's bombs. Hickey will want to put some of his flavor on this team this year. Guys like Egnew and D Thomas are going to be shown the door, they no longer have blind hope from Ireland. I don't expect Hickey's changes to be drastic but there will be some and it won't just be the OLine.

That very well could happen but, changing out an Egnew or a DT is not gonna make or break this season. I know I am in the minority but, do want to see DT for another year.

I would keep Clemons and cut Jones.

Don't see that as a possibility this year, cap and available options considered. I am curious as to what Phans think and/or know on Michael Thomas? After seeing his "Phantastic Finish" to win us a game, he does intrigue me.

Don't see that as a possibility this year, cap and available options considered. I am curious as to what Phans think and/or know on Michael Thomas? After seeing his "Phantastic Finish" to win us a game, he does intrigue me.

He definitely has potential but is he a starter? as of now i don't think so but he is definitely going to be one down the road. i would sign Clemons to 1 more year and keep the option of bring in Thomas to start the following year by playing him as a situational guy this coming year. But you never know you can put him in a competition in training camp and he could prove himself and take that role this year.

Back
Top Bottom