The South Beach Solution to 2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The South Beach Solution to 2014

He definitely has potential but is he a starter? as of now i don't think so but he is definitely going to be one down the road. i would sign Clemons to 1 more year and keep the option of bring in Thomas to start the following year by playing him as a situational guy this coming year. But you never know you can put him in a competition in training camp and he could prove himself and take that role this year.

All I know about Michael Thomas is what I saw in limited play in one game, and it was Damn impressive. Even more so considering that he is not a CB but, a S. I wish him well.

All I know about Michael Thomas is what I saw in limited play in one game, and it was Damn impressive. Even more so considering that he is not a CB but, a S. I wish him well.

Unfortunately, that is all opposing teams know about him. I wish him the best, but I'd like to see how he plays once teams get more tape on him.

Clemons is a good player, he's the same he was at Clemson. Solid and a leader of the secondary. Miami desperately needs a playmaker back there though, Jarius Byrd would be a great addition.

That very well could happen but, changing out an Egnew or a DT is not gonna make or break this season. I know I am in the minority but, do want to see DT for another year.
With all due respect, it's hard for me to believe that we can't find someone better than DT.

QB- agree

RB- agree but a guy like Gerhart who is the type of RB needed and will definitely be available in my opinion

TE- agree no dire need of new guy

WR- don't need a new guy, same as last year if a guy goes down go get a patchwork guy

OL- I want the top LT like Albert, Monroe, Veldheer. Collins as a backup plan. Keep Pouncey at center. Graft a top Guard for LG. I like Asamoah as RG. 2nd or 3rd round pick at RT and keep Mckinnie as a backup LT or start at RT if possible, i don't like Clabo what so ever

DT- sign Starks and/or Solia. Prefer Starks but both guys are good and keep Francis to finish the rotation then a draft pick as well. Obviously have Odrick there.

LB- Everybody is overreacting about Wheel even tho he was the leading tackler and if a little better no reason overreact. Ellerbee was fine, Misi was Misi not spectacular but solid

S- Jones is good and Clemons was good so resign Clemons and safety will be good no need for big name guys are high draft picks there.

CB- Grimes will be back one way another. Patterson should be back, restructure if needed. The only way i think he should get cut is if they really start to press against the cap. both Taylor and Davis will be healthy and better. let Carroll go

McKinnie is worse at RT than LT

Thats why i said if possible, ive never seen him play RT or known of him playing there

That's a big reason that Balt tried to tradebhim because he is basically a one sided backup.
His overall play at LT was bottom rung. His pass protection is livable but not even average but his run blocking is among the worst

That's a big reason that Balt tried to tradebhim because he is basically a one sided backup.
His overall play at LT was bottom rung. His pass protection is livable but not even average but his run blocking is among the worst

Id still keep him to backup LT and draft Martin to start at LG and kick over to RT if ever needed

Id still keep him to backup LT and draft Martin to start at LG and kick over to RT if ever needed

Just hard to carry a backup that can only backup one line position esp one that will probably want over 2 million for it

Just hard to carry a backup that can only backup one line position esp one that will probably want over 2 million for it

He said he wants to stay so that means he would be willing to come cheap. And Albert is who i have slotted there and with his injury history it wouldnt hurt to have a capable backup

He said he wants to stay so that means he would be willing to come cheap. And Albert is who i have slotted there and with his injury history it wouldnt hurt to have a capable backup
I agree its good to have a capable backup, I just don't see him as very capable anymore. He can push nobody off in a run block, he is ok in pass blocking.

I agree its good to have a capable backup, I just don't see him as very capable anymore. He can push nobody off in a run block, he is ok in pass blocking.

I would be willing to bet he will be better with a better guard and after being in the offence for the full off season. He said himself it was extremely hard to come in and learn an offence with a revolving door of guards beside him.

I would be willing to bet he will be better with a better guard and after being in the offence for the full off season. He said himself it was extremely hard to come in and learn an offence with a revolving door of guards beside him.

I wouldn't be willing to bet on that at 35. Baltimore wasted no time in getting rid of him, I think he is done but would be happy to be wrong

I wouldn't be willing to bet on that at 35. Baltimore wasted no time in getting rid of him, I think he is done but would be happy to be wrong

When you look at it your not gonna be able to bring in a FA that would be better because you would only attract backups after you have Albert. So it Mckinne, Thomas or Garner IMO. Or clabo but i dont wanna even go there after last year.

When you look at it your not gonna be able to bring in a FA that would be better because you would only attract backups after you have Albert. So it Mckinne, Thomas or Garner IMO. Or clabo but i dont wanna even go there after last year.

I don't think its hard to get a free agent that would play at Mckinnie's level right now. The only reason that Mckinnie played lt for us over RT is because he has never once played RT and refuses to.
Clabo was the one being replaced and with MckINNie here we had to move Martin back to RT. Its a backwards move to trot out a below average LT just because. Can we win with a guy like that, hell teams win with bad players all the time but in the most important position on line I would rather try something different than a failed plan from the beginning esp when we have a bad oline already

Back
Top Bottom