The South Beach Solution to 2014 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The South Beach Solution to 2014

at qb i resign devlin , really think about cutting matt moore [saving some $`s] ,
at rb , d thomas goes , look at ben tate ,legarrette blount,rashad jennings in fa and draft a mid round rb
fullback ,john kuhn,michael robinson could be useful options in fa
tight end ,dont think we resign keller ,and apart from finley and pettigrew who will be high priced fa i dont see much in fa , maybe clay harbor,brandon myers cheap option ,
i say draft one mid round

wr , imo wold be set if it wasnt for injuries , wallace,hartline,matthews,gibson,binns,[resign] the latter two coming off injuries i would pick up a fa , there`s plenty of choice for 4-5 wr`s

off line , biggest shake up ,pouncey,brenner,garner and re sign yeatman ,fa anthony collins go after him , plays lt and rt gives you flexibility , if not rodger saffold to play rt or rg , [more flexibility ] Breno Giacomini and Zach Strief interest me a bit less , at guard Jon Asamoah,Geoff Schwartz ,chiefs prob only resign one , grab the other and draft a tackle and guard 1st and 3rd rnd

def line ,wake,vernon,odrich,francis,shelby,jordan all on roster , in my heart i want starks back but can see big paul being the one to retain , in fa Linval Joseph maybe too much ,Vance Walker,Corey Peters and draft 2nd rnd

linebacker need depth look at JoLonn Dunbar,Jonathan Casillas,O'Brien Schofield, and maybe mid rnd pick
corner re sign grimes ,if carroll is cheap him as well ,cut patterson and his big contract [or at least restructure ] if he goes look at Sam Shields,E.J. Biggers,Captain Munnerlyn and late rnd pick

safety , coyle needs to play less man coverage for r jones to return to form clemons has been bogey man of many including me , he did ok last season , re sign him hopefully team friendly deal ,but still go looking in fa we got no depth ! Kendrick Lewis,Mike Mitchell, perhaps a shot at Malcolm Jenkins never produced but got talent , and late rnd pick

no real world beaters/high price fa !!! but i feel its realistic and would improve the team , and we cant/wont fix all in one season !

I have a hard time believing we will be a playoff team by staying essentially the same as last year.
We need a serious OL upgrade; another threat at TE (as I'm not sold on Keller making it back this year); improvement at DL and LB's; another decent CB or two.
Now if some of our guys were to improve from last year, I'd be less concerned about some of these needed changes, but not much is changing on the D side, so what do we do there ??

I have a hard time believing we will be a playoff team by staying essentially the same as last year.
We need a serious OL upgrade; another threat at TE (as I'm not sold on Keller making it back this year); improvement at DL and LB's; another decent CB or two.
Now if some of our guys were to improve from last year, I'd be less concerned about some of these needed changes, but not much is changing on the D side, so what do we do there ??

The serious upgrade at OL was addressed IF we can pull it off. The plan is realistic based on the players hitting the market and being reasonable. We all believe that Clay will improve and that Sims will be at least solid this year. Tannehill is the expected to improve with Wallace, and overall. The run game will improve with any semblance of blocking, no matter who is carrying the ball.

On D, we played pretty well last year with HORRIBLE play from our LB's and Jones, as well as Wake's injury. Based on what players have shown the year before, we all believe there will be a BIG improvement in their play, hard to get any worse. Add in Jordan and Taylor, who were non-factors last season, and there "should be" substantial improvement from within.

Back
Top Bottom