The SportsLine.com Top 50 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The SportsLine.com Top 50

"36. Donnie Edwards, LB, San Diego Chargers: Clearly outplayed fellow Chargers linebacker Junior Seau last season. He's a terrific run-and-chase linebacker. "

here is some locker room motivation for JR... i'd say it would REAL easy to out perform someone gimpin' around on one good leg!!

i would take a healthy ricky over a healthy priest ( don't get me wrong, he is a great back..) any day.

idiot.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
3 of the top 50 and ya missed the playoffs?

:couch:
Yeah, it's kind of like having one of the best offenses ever assembled and losing four Super Bowls, but not nearly as bad.

This list ... this guy is an idiot!

He shows his complete ignorance when he says JT has always been a dominant pass rusher but has "taken his game to a new level against the run?" Please. JT has excelled against the run for a long time. In fact, two years ago he got only 8 sacks, but was incredibly awesome against the run!

There is no way Portis should be higher than RW;

Manning is rated to high;

As is Brian Urlacher - JT and Ray Lewis are clearly ahead of him (he's a great player, but not that great).

And, they have Donnie Edwards ahead of Zach Thomas?????

I'm sorry, I don't think we'd ever make that trade! These guys at Sportsline only play to the hype - they only know the game from the view of NY and the TV hype - they simply don't know the game!

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
This list ... this guy is an idiot!

He shows his complete ignorance when he says JT has always been a dominant pass rusher but has "taken his game to a new level against the run?" Please. JT has excelled against the run for a long time. In fact, two years ago he got only 8 sacks, but was incredibly awesome against the run!

There is no way Portis should be higher than RW;

Manning is rated to high;

As is Brian Urlacher - JT and Ray Lewis are clearly ahead of him (he's a great player, but not that great).

And, they have Donnie Edwards ahead of Zach Thomas?????

I'm sorry, I don't think we'd ever make that trade! These guys at Sportsline only play to the hype - they only know the game from the view of NY and the TV hype - they simply don't know the game!

I was shock to see Portis at #14. Every back put with the Denver offensive line has produce great numbers. Anderson had the same stats than Portis his first year, so does that mean he's one of the 50 best players?

As for Zach, he's one of the best LB of the game but it has a lot to do about the DT in front of him. But I agree about seeing Edwards in that list.

Urlacher and McNair should not be that high.

Is it me or when you do a list of the best player, you have to put them on the same level so injury shouldn't be a criteria. You should assume that everyone is healthy. So Lewis and Faulk should really be higher than that.

I really think it is ridiculous that this guy put Portis before Ricky. I like Portis.. i went to school with him here at UM... He's a friend of mine. But by no means is he better than Ricky yet. And the fact that Zach is not on that list sickens me. Yea he has great DT's in front of him but he is always where he needs to be! The guy is fast and makes hard tackles and has been in the pro-bowl how many years?! This guy that did this list sucks butt.

The only reason I could see they put McNair that high is caues he's a tough dude..

If it wasn't for that then he definetely shouldn't be that high..

McNair deserves to be that high. I used to think he was overrated (despite the Super Bowl). But he made a big believer out of me last year. Namely in the playoffs. If he had any semblence of a team around him, they'd have killed the Raiders. McNair pretty much willed that team to 24 points. Titans vs Bucs is what you'd have seen.

The guy has really come along as a passer the last two years. But now he completely carries that team. He's always hurt. And yet that's when he's at his best. Truly a December/January QB. Tough leader who's got all the tools. Complete QB. Big threat as a runner to boot.

Also, did you guys see Manning's game against the Eagles?? That warrants him the high rank IMO. :) Don't think he'd have much trouble winning in the postseason if he were a Phin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
McNair deserves to be that high. I used to think he was overrated (despite the Super Bowl). But he made a big believer out of me last year. Namely in the playoffs. If he had any semblence of a team around him, they'd have killed the Raiders. McNair pretty much willed that team to 24 points. Titans vs Bucs is what you'd have seen.

The guy has really come along as a passer the last two years. But now he completely carries that team. He's always hurt. And yet that's when he's at his best. Truly a December/January QB. Tough leader who's got all the tools. Complete QB. Big threat as a runner to boot.

Agreed. Infact, McNair was my vote for MVP last year.

I see everyone here bitching about how bad this list is and how much you disagree with it.

I'm going to turn it around and make the same assessment towards the readers of it. First off, it's from Pete "the villiage idiot" Prisco. You should immediately take this into account when trying to read the crayon written drivel he's created. Then you must take into account that:
1. Probably zero research was accomplished before this article was written.
2. Pete probably didn't have his drool cup with him at the time of writing.
3. Most, if not all, of the information written is most likely biased.
4. The data is more incomplete then complete.
5. You are wasting a portion of you life reading something that most people wouldn't take to the bathroom with them.

So before you complain about how you disagree with what was written, please remember the source. Then knowing the source and also knowing the types of article he writes, should you really be surprised by what he wrote??????
If you dont like getting burned then stop sticking your finger into the fire. :D

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
3 of the top 50 and ya missed the playoffs?

:couch:

We just missed the playoff..you just missed even the opportunity period...:yell:

Back
Top Bottom