The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been away most of the week not able to access a computer so basically I just found out about Fiedler's "injury" and Griese being the starter Monday Night.

What I say is the stage has been set for Miami, possibly better than in years' past, to make a run deep into the playoffs.

For those of you who believe that Griese is starting this game simply because Fiedler is "injured" please try and remember the year 2000 when we had Fiedler continue to play games through 2 separated shoulders, and 1 torn rotator cuff. Fiedler himself todl his own father that the knee injury is "nothing serious" and that he was confident he would play this Monday Night against the Chargers.

The coaches say, ehem, no. It is the perfect excuse to get Brian Griese some playing time in this offense under a live fire audition for the starting job the rest of the season.

Here's my prediction. Griese starts against the Chargers and both the offense and defense look really really good. The offense moves the ball downfield well and Ricky has a good day running. I'm not saying 35 points, but I think maybe like 27 or 24 points, with a good amount of ball control.

Fiedler gets healthy for the Colts. Wannstedt has a big decision to make. If he were Bill Parcells, and commanded the kind of locker room respect that Bill gets, he'd keep Griese on as the starter. He is not, so he will cave and put Fiedler back in for the Indianapolis game.

Indy is good. Really good. I think Fiedler will look bad going out there against them. It could be the toughest opponent we face all year.

Immediately Wannstedt will pull the trigger and announce Griese the starter against Baltimore. Baltimore should be a fairly easy opponent. Lord knows our defense should victimize the struggling rookie Kyle Boller. I see our offense not looking fantastic, but getting the job done, against Baltimore.

Then we face the Redskins and the Cowboys. I know Bill Parcells is doing wonders with those Cowboys, but they've yet to impress me with any of their victories...especially since they came against the likes of the Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Detroit...all of which were playing bad bad football when they played the Boys. I think we win that Thanksgiving game...

...And you can bet the press will remember, heading into the game, Parcells' comments about not wanting Brian Griese because he doesn't want "An 8-8 quarterback" You can bet Brian remembers that too.

Oh and hopefully Washington continues on a self-destruct pattern by the time we play them.

Three wins in a row after the QB change, 4-0 record with Griese at the helm, will do enough to get the team believing in Griese for the stretch run.

AT New England
Philadelphia
AT Buffalo
New York Jets

All of the above teams could and should be playing good football by the time December rolls around. Tough games right there.

We need to win 2 of them...at least. Hopefully 3. Doubtful though.

Then Griese takes an injury either at the end of the season or during the playoffs. The team has absolute confidence in Jay, they won with him before they will do it again. They rally for Jay.

They get through, Brian comes back.

We win the Super Bowl.

YaY!

Huzzah

So what if Griese does a Ray Lucas performance?......................LOL

For all we know the Dolphins might pull Griese at halftime.I just hope Griese can show flasbacks of his probowl year or Fiedler to play like he did back in early '02.

Griese starts I'm 100% behind or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sure is quite a prediction Parrothead. I wouldn't mind if everything you said came true.

But, if Griese were to do well on MNF, I think Jay's injury would mysteriously get worse, if you know what I mean...

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Indy is good. Really good. I think Fiedler will look bad going out there against them. It could be the toughest opponent we face all year.

Immediately Wannstedt will pull the trigger and announce Griese the starter against Baltimore.

Very good post, but I found a hole. It may seem like nit-picking, but since you were going game-by-game, I thought I should bring it up. What about the Tennessee game? That is the game right after Indy, and you forgot to mention it. That is going to be a tough game, definitely our hardest road game up to this point in the schedule.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Griese hasn't played a meaningful game in months and he's gonna light it up :shakeno:

As if no backup has ever come in and played well?

Maddox?
Bulger?
Every one on the Eagles team?

You need more than that, Clumpy.

well first i would like to see a quote from a dolphin official that BG is the starter for monday night......

Originally posted by Al13
well first i would like to see a quote from a dolphin official that BG is the starter for monday night......

DW has said that he will not make the announcement until Monday.

Originally posted by zachseau13

As if no backup has ever come in and played well?

Maddox?
Bulger?
Every one on the Eagles team?

You need more than that, Clumpy.

Yeah, like how about......Flutie? Does that name ring a bell, circa 1998?

Originally posted by Al13

DW could say he won't decide until Sunday but all signs point to Griese unless he has a bad week of practice.

I doubt it. Griese will look good against the Chargers.

I am wondering about the weeks after. I hope he does not think he has the job ever this year and keeps competing with Fiedler.

Honestly, I really could care less about who the starter is going to be/will be, Jay, Brian, could even be DW, but point is, someone(even 2 or more people) need to put the scope on the Phin's offense and give it life.

Also, lets say we start Griese, but people drop the balls like they do when Jay plays, then do we blame Griese or finally realize that its just not one person that cost the W in the end.

Originally posted by Phinz1972
Honestly, I really could care less about who the starter is going to be/will be, Jay, Brian, could even be DW, but point is, someone(even 2 or more people) need to put the scope on the Phin's offense and give it life.

Also, lets say we start Griese, but people drop the balls like they do when Jay plays, then do we blame Griese or finally realize that its just not one person that cost the W in the end.

DING DING DING!! We have a winner!!

Back
Top Bottom