The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky

Originally posted by Phinz1972
Honestly, I really could care less about who the starter is going to be/will be, Jay, Brian, could even be DW, but point is, someone(even 2 or more people) need to put the scope on the Phin's offense and give it life.

Also, lets say we start Griese, but people drop the balls like they do when Jay plays, then do we blame Griese or finally realize that its just not one person that cost the W in the end.

Exactly......if BG has a good game at QB then we will see.

Originally posted by Phinz1972

Also, lets say we start Griese, but people drop the balls like they do when Jay plays, then do we blame Griese or finally realize that its just not one person that cost the W in the end.

No, we blame Fiedler!!!

Originally posted by minus
So what if Griese does a Ray Lucas performance?......................LOL

For all we know the Dolphins might pull Griese at halftime.I just hope Griese can show flasbacks of his probowl year or Fiedler to play like he did back in early '02.

Griese starts I'm 100% behind or vice versa.

thats exactly how i feel.

if griese is better then fine... he needs to start. but with a bad offensive line, inconsistant WR, and an inconsistant running game i don't think he'll be better then fiedler. i think fiedler is a good QB and better then BG. if griese goes in and owns... then i'll glady take that back.

the biggest question in my mind has ALWAYS been, why didn't get get it done in denver when he had a Pro-bowler at every position on offense? it's like our defense pretty much.

No better time than when we are playing a 1-5 team. It will be difficult to evaluate if he's better than Jay, because we should beat a 1-5 team. If Dixon plays the running game should be helped out a little anyway. I just want the win and then we can worry about Indy and the rest.

Well, I'll say this: sometimes when you have to compensate for an injury at a position, the entire team picks it up a little bit. Maybe with the o-line realizing Griese is damned near a statue back there, they'll hold up for the pass a little better, maybe the receivers focus a little better ... wishful thinking, but it happens some times, though I'm not expecting it.

I couldn't care less who starts either as long as we win.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
No better time than when we are playing a 1-5 team. It will be difficult to evaluate if he's better than Jay, because we should beat a 1-5 team.

Just to throw it out there, we SHOULD HAVE beat Houston!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I've been away most of the week not able to access a computer so basically I just found out about Fiedler's "injury" and Griese being the starter Monday Night.

What I say is the stage has been set for Miami, possibly better than in years' past, to make a run deep into the playoffs.

For those of you who believe that Griese is starting this game simply because Fiedler is "injured" please try and remember the year 2000 when we had Fiedler continue to play games through 2 separated shoulders, and 1 torn rotator cuff. Fiedler himself todl his own father that the knee injury is "nothing serious" and that he was confident he would play this Monday Night against the Chargers.

The coaches say, ehem, no. It is the perfect excuse to get Brian Griese some playing time in this offense under a live fire audition for the starting job the rest of the season.

Here's my prediction. Griese starts against the Chargers and both the offense and defense look really really good. The offense moves the ball downfield well and Ricky has a good day running. I'm not saying 35 points, but I think maybe like 27 or 24 points, with a good amount of ball control.

Fiedler gets healthy for the Colts. Wannstedt has a big decision to make. If he were Bill Parcells, and commanded the kind of locker room respect that Bill gets, he'd keep Griese on as the starter. He is not, so he will cave and put Fiedler back in for the Indianapolis game.

Indy is good. Really good. I think Fiedler will look bad going out there against them. It could be the toughest opponent we face all year.

Immediately Wannstedt will pull the trigger and announce Griese the starter against Baltimore. Baltimore should be a fairly easy opponent. Lord knows our defense should victimize the struggling rookie Kyle Boller. I see our offense not looking fantastic, but getting the job done, against Baltimore.

Then we face the Redskins and the Cowboys. I know Bill Parcells is doing wonders with those Cowboys, but they've yet to impress me with any of their victories...especially since they came against the likes of the Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Detroit...all of which were playing bad bad football when they played the Boys. I think we win that Thanksgiving game...

...And you can bet the press will remember, heading into the game, Parcells' comments about not wanting Brian Griese because he doesn't want "An 8-8 quarterback" You can bet Brian remembers that too.

Oh and hopefully Washington continues on a self-destruct pattern by the time we play them.

Three wins in a row after the QB change, 4-0 record with Griese at the helm, will do enough to get the team believing in Griese for the stretch run.

AT New England
Philadelphia
AT Buffalo
New York Jets

All of the above teams could and should be playing good football by the time December rolls around. Tough games right there.

We need to win 2 of them...at least. Hopefully 3. Doubtful though.

Then Griese takes an injury either at the end of the season or during the playoffs. The team has absolute confidence in Jay, they won with him before they will do it again. They rally for Jay.

They get through, Brian comes back.

We win the Super Bowl.

YaY!

Huzzah

Daaamn, I wuz really gettin' into all the draama there and then I pinched myself!! :lol:

know what tho, I don't care how we win the sB or who evens plays for us. Whoever has the Dolphin jumping thru the sunburst thing on the side of his helmet on gameday is my guy. Now if "my guy" f&@##$*s it up, we're gonna hear about it!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Agua
Well, I'll say this: sometimes when you have to compensate for an injury at a position, the entire team picks it up a little bit. Maybe with the o-line realizing Griese is damned near a statue back there, they'll hold up for the pass a little better, maybe the receivers focus a little better

Good thinking there Agua, I never looked at like that. Its a good way of reviewing how much a difference one player can make on the whole team(etc: Seau has seemed to make the Defense a little more aggresive compared to previous years of the defense. I hate to see how the Defensive Players react if they don't make it to the playoffs this year *Flashback to Zach Thomas' comments at the end of last year's season)

Originally posted by Al13
well first i would like to see a quote from a dolphin official that BG is the starter for monday night......

Ain't gonna happen til almost game time.

agua made a really good point. '72 already quoted it, so i won't, but it's true that sometimes the whole team rallies to compensate, such as the super bowl patriots, for example.

I thought it was also the case when Huard went in for Jay @ Indy. Huard was a very limited QB, but those receivers (and luckily, Martin was out too) were busting their guts making plays for Huard.

Originally posted by Agua
I thought it was also the case when Huard went in for Jay @ Indy. Huard was a very limited QB, but those receivers (and luckily, Martin was out too) were busting their guts making plays for Huard.

I was digging through some of my old videotapes yesterday, and I found this game on tape, and watched some of it. Actually, I believe Martin was playing, but the receivers that really made plays, at least at the end of the game, were Shepherd and Gadsden. But the real stud on the game-winning drive was Autry Denson.....it seemed like he got the ball almost every play until the O was within striking distance. That set the table for Gadsden's TD. However, one thing I noticed was how well Huard was throwing the ball. There were some serious bullets coming out. Very impressive to watch.

Gotcha. I thought Sheppherd was in for Martin. I recall seeing Martin actually *try* for one reception while with the Phins - (@ Seattle playoff).

Hey here comes Griese! or should i say rob johsnon? clump? care to add anything?:D

Back
Top Bottom