The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Stage is Set...We are Pretty Lucky

Originally posted by Phinz1972

Just to throw it out there, we SHOULD HAVE beat Houston!!

im tellin ya right now. ricky is going to win this game for us +our defense. then everyone is going to be all over griese like scott mitchell............and we all know what scott mitchell did in the end. I dont care at this point. que sara sara............or whatever.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

However, one thing I noticed was how well Huard was throwing the ball. There were some serious bullets coming out. Very impressive to watch.

He had a strong arm. His problem was he was hesitant and missed plays.

I have seen him play a couple times for NE. He ain't too bad. Solid guy. Nothing great offcourse.

Originally posted by Agua
Gotcha. I thought Sheppherd was in for Martin. I recall seeing Martin actually *try* for one reception while with the Phins - (@ Seattle playoff).

Shepherd did play well in that game. We had an interesting assortment of receivers back then.....Shepherd, Gadsden, McDuffie, Martin, Emmanuel.....dare I say that group made more plays than our current group? At any rate, was the Martin reception you're thinking of the one on 3rd and 17 that kept alive the game-winning drive? That was sweet. What a way for Danny to get his last-ever play-off win.

Yup, that's the one Dol-D. I truly can't remember another 110% effort for a reception by him with the 'Phins.

Originally posted by Agua
Gotcha. I thought Sheppherd was in for Martin. I recall seeing Martin actually *try* for one reception while with the Phins - (@ Seattle playoff).

but that catch was huge 3rd and 17 i think it was and danny delivered a perfect ball on an in route

i dunno if DW has the guts to name BG the starter, if JF can practice today and the next few days, i think he starts otherwise i would be shocked :eek: but don´t get me wrong, i would love to see what BG could do against a average secondary, JF could do nothing (jacksonville)

great post! very wet dream like. griese starts on monday night football for the team his father played for. the music from the natural can be heard in the background. griese takes the pitiful 4-2 dolphins all the way. I will be watching to see what happens...

Originally posted by finfan54
Hey here comes Griese! or should i say rob johsnon? clump? care to add anything?:D

Guess i was wrong. ESPN reported it this am.

But for the record. i don't really expect Griese to really light it up all that much. We still have the same OL and WRs. But i would expect sharper passes and maybe a long ball. Remember that he's coming off injury also w/o much playing time prior, so some rust is to be expected. It's not like he was injury free as backup and such. on the other hand, if he should light it up, it will piss me off in that the WRs will have to have "all of a sudden" get it in gear and hauling in all kinds of wierd **** and such. Anyway, here's to the best

Originally posted by finfan54

im tellin ya right now. ricky is going to win this game for us +our defense. then everyone is going to be all over griese like scott mitchell............and we all know what scott mitchell did in the end. I dont care at this point. que sara sara............or whatever.

Do I detect a little sour grapes because Griese is getting a start. Are you afraid that he may actually play well? Bear in mind that is (or any) game is a gimme.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
No better time than when we are playing a 1-5 team. It will be difficult to evaluate if he's better than Jay, because we should beat a 1-5 team. If Dixon plays the running game should be helped out a little anyway. I just want the win and then we can worry about Indy and the rest.

That's one of our problems we always struggle on teams that we should beat and do great against teams we shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom