The Suns are scared | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Suns are scared

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
L.A. has the Suns running. Running scared that is. If Phoenix was a football team, they would be the Colts. Nash would be Manning, with Marion as Harrison. All flash, no funk. Tons of sizzle, but very little steak. In other words, they are soft. They have very little inside game and rely on out running and outshooting their opponents to win. Very much like a shootout Manning is apt to get into on any given Sunday.

This hasn't held true come the playoffs so far. Nash is jawing with Kobe, Marion is persona non grata and if it weren't for Tim Thomas, the Suns would be blown out of all THREE games so far. Even the homerist of homer Suns fan's have to admit that their team is off their game.

Blame that on Phil Jackson. Often underrated, Phil is an excellent strategist and it has shone through here. He has demanded the ball go inside, where the Suns lack. His Laker team has repsonded by banging the boards, as well as the Suns. Within the first minute of game three, a scrum had broken out. Phoenix was rattled. D'Antoni was rattled, and the Lakers were cruising.

The scores may be somewhat close, but L.A. has looked in complete command for much of the three games. Unless the Suns make a drastic change, it will continue to happen. In order to make that change though, Nash is going to have to stop trying to take on Kobe after the whistle. D'Antoni is going to keep his mouth shut and Marion is oging to have to find his confidence which seemed to go by the wayside with the regular season.

If not, it will be a short series for Suns.

Give Phil all the credit in the world. He has kept Kobe under 30 shots a game. Somehow I doubt it will last though. Kobe is going to revert to his old self. The Suns just have to patiently wait for him to self-destruct.

I just have one criticism of your post: I don't think Phil Jackson's underrated as a strategist at all. I would postulate that most people consider him the greatest coach in NBA history (surely 9 rings in the current era trumps Red's 10 during the era when great teams could be held together for as long as you wanted, and there were many fewer teams.).

Apart from that, you're right on the money.

This is why I like the 7 game first round system. It'll force the Lakers to truly be the better team to win, not slide by in getting a flukey third win.

I'm surprised, but I still expect the Suns to come back and win this series. As long as they get a split in LA, they're fine.

Samphin said:
L.A. has the Suns running. Running scared that is. If Phoenix was a football team, they would be the Colts. Nash would be Manning, with Marion as Harrison. All flash, no funk. Tons of sizzle, but very little steak. In other words, they are soft. They have very little inside game and rely on out running and outshooting their opponents to win. Very much like a shootout Manning is apt to get into on any given Sunday.

This hasn't held true come the playoffs so far. Nash is jawing with Kobe, Marion is persona non grata and if it weren't for Tim Thomas, the Suns would be blown out of all THREE games so far. Even the homerist of homer Suns fan's have to admit that their team is off their game.

Blame that on Phil Jackson. Often underrated, Phil is an excellent strategist and it has shone through here. He has demanded the ball go inside, where the Suns lack. His Laker team has repsonded by banging the boards, as well as the Suns. Within the first minute of game three, a scrum had broken out. Phoenix was rattled. D'Antoni was rattled, and the Lakers were cruising.

The scores may be somewhat close, but L.A. has looked in complete command for much of the three games. Unless the Suns make a drastic change, it will continue to happen. In order to make that change though, Nash is going to have to stop trying to take on Kobe after the whistle. D'Antoni is going to keep his mouth shut and Marion is oging to have to find his confidence which seemed to go by the wayside with the regular season.

If not, it will be a short series for Suns.

Nice post Samphin.......I agree with you so far,but there's still a lot of series left to go.Phoenix definitely seems to be losing their composure a bit.:D

I still think the Suns will win the Series, but i've always given LA a shot right from the start because they do have Phil Jackson, and as a coach he is something that is just incredible. Much better than Mike D'Antoni. However, the Suns are a better team even with all their injuries and players missing. I just cant see them losing to the Lakers, and if they do it will be in 7.

Phil Jackson is a genius..and you can't help but marvel at how well the Lakers are playing.

phunwin said:
I just have one criticism of your post: I don't think Phil Jackson's underrated as a strategist at all. I would postulate that most people consider him the greatest coach in NBA history (surely 9 rings in the current era trumps Red's 10 during the era when great teams could be held together for as long as you wanted, and there were many fewer teams.).

Apart from that, you're right on the money.

As a Laker fan, I have heard Jackson lambasted almost every day by media and fans of other teams. They say he only wins because he has great players. He only wins because he had Jordan and Shaq.

Meanwhile, he took a Jordan-less Bulls team to within one game of the finals and has taken a team that was fractured and a one man show this year, and turned them into a competitive machine that can beat anyone on any night essentially.

I really think Phil should have gotten more consideration for coach of the year. I am fine with Avery winning it, but Phil deserved more credit.

Samphin said:
As a Laker fan, I have heard Jackson lambasted almost every day by media and fans of other teams. They say he only wins because he has great players. He only wins because he had Jordan and Shaq.

Meanwhile, he took a Jordan-less Bulls team to within one game of the finals and has taken a team that was fractured and a one man show this year, and turned them into a competitive machine that can beat anyone on any night essentially.

I really think Phil should have gotten more consideration for coach of the year. I am fine with Avery winning it, but Phil deserved more credit.

HEY..I am all for this Phil Jackson love fest..but let's not get carried away...7th seed coaches don't deserve any awards...

I give all the credit in the world to the Lakes, but I just cant see this continuing...The Suns are going to wake up, and I think it will be on Sunday....It really hurts not having our frontcourt players available, and Phil is really exploiting that, but the Suns have looked off and I think its partially them beating themselves at this point...

Going to be a fun game on Sunday. Let see if the suns adjust.

What a game. What a freaking game! Kobe and Co. STOLE this one. This is why you never give up folks.

Simply one of the best back and forth games I have seen in a long time (well, discounting that epic Wade-LeBron regular season fourth quarter nutso fest). Phoenix may not eve show up for game 5. Nash looked mortified in hispost game interview and D'Antoni was laughing and looked at peace with what his team has (or has not) done.

Unreal. Lakers /Clippers in the second round is coming!!! OMG!! I'm going to one of those games. Can you imagine if the Lakers got out of the first round and the Heat didn't? Oh man. Anyone still taking Wade over Kobe?

Back
Top Bottom