The Suns are scared | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Suns are scared

Mabey we are witnessing the awakening of Kobe. It only took him a decade to realize it might be better to let his teammates have the ball every once in a while. They are a good team if Odom and Kobe are playing together.

I give the Lakers credit for what they're doing, but without Amare and Kurt Thomas, the Suns are just soft - period. And they were struggling to close out the season in their last 10 games.

With Stoudamire and Kurt Thomas, the Suns win this series and maybe even go the Championship series too. Too bad about the injuries because with Kurt Thomas in the lineup, the Suns were scary even WITHOUT Amare.

Marino13fanboy1 said:
I give the Lakers credit for what they're doing, but without Amare and Kurt Thomas, the Suns are just soft - period. And they were struggling to close out the season in their last 10 games.

With Stoudamire and Kurt Thomas, the Suns win this series and maybe even go the Championship series too. Too bad about the injuries because with Kurt Thomas in the lineup, the Suns were scary even WITHOUT Amare.
Well, heres to hoping the SUns have an injury free season next year, and make some things happen...

I am fully aware that L.A. is coming out ahead because Amare is out. Can you imagine if they had Kurt Thomas, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Thomas and Shawn Marion in the front court? All are long and athletic and can run.

Tim Thomas has been unbelievable. I haven't seen a guy this "on" form 3-point range in a long time. Sasha Vujacic has been great from 3-point land (7-10 I think). If Tim misses a quarter of his makes, L.A. would have swept them.

Marino13fanboy1 said:

And if the queen had balls, she'd be king.

You're right, of course; a Suns team with a healthy Stoudemire and Thomas would match up with anyone. But them's the breaks. If Dwyane Wade hadn't been hurt, the Heat probably would have made the Finals last year. If Tim Duncan isn't hobbled by plantar fasciatis, the Spurs probably have home court this year and have already sent the Kings home. If Isiah Thomas and Vinnie Johnson don't collide in the '87 Eastern finals, and if the refs don't screw the Pistons in game 7 of the '88 Finals, the Pistons probably win FOUR straight titles, instead of two. And so it goes...

Well...fact is even WITHOUT Amare and Kurt, the Suns knocked off the Lakers. Heck of a coaching job by D'Antoni of the Suns. Yeah, he has Nash but to do what the Suns do and keep winning is amazing.

They're revolutionizing the sport.

Actually - I see them doing what the Bulls did. Let's face it, the Bulls won 6 championships because of the athletes they had (Jordan and Pippen) and 3 other scrubs on the floor. Now the Suns have enough athletes to put on the floor all at the same time and they can win too.

You don't need a big man to win in the NBA. Enough good athletes that have at least SOME height (like Diaw, Marion, Thomas) is enough.

I'd still love to see what the Suns could do with EITHER Amare or Kurt Thomas.

The suns wont make it passed the second round IMO they were lucky to even get passed game 6 with the lakers because LA self imploded in the last few seconds of game 6

They are staying in the staples center though :lol: its seeming to become a home away from home for them

Im not sure what was going on with Kobe. He had what 5 shots in the second half and didn't make any of them? Thats the worst half by a superstar in a game 7 that I can remember. Pathetic.

finfansince72 said:
Im not sure what was going on with Kobe. He had what 5 shots in the second half and didn't make any of them? Thats the worst half by a superstar in a game 7 that I can remember. Pathetic.
No you forgot Jason kidd in 2004. He scored 0 points against the pistons in a Game 7.

Well at least Kidd was trying in that game. Kobe just gave up after the first half.

Alex22 said:
The suns wont make it passed the second round IMO they were lucky to even get passed game 6 with the lakers because LA self imploded in the last few seconds of game 6

They are staying in the staples center though :lol: its seeming to become a home away from home for them

I think the Suns will win effortlessly in the second round. They're too battle weary to draw this one out and the run and gun seems to be coming back after it disappeared for half the Lakers series.

I thought Nash should have won the MVP this year and be backed it up with what he did against the Lakers. I knew this series was over when the Lakers got beat up in LA in game 6 like they did. When Kobe learns how to make his teammates better, he'll start to win some playoff series but until then, guys like Nash (who make everyone on their team better, from the trainer to the announcers) will continue to knock him out, despite Nash not being as talented as Kobe on the court!

Funny how Tim Thomas is playing his best basketball BY FAR in his career now that he's with the Suns. Boy did Phoenix need him when they got him, and they gave up Jim Jackson at the same time.

I live in the phoenix area and even when the Lakers went up 3-1 mostly all the fans here still felt we were going to win the series. And we did.

Sure the Lakers had a good game plan and executed it well some games, but the suns are the boss. This team has way too much character to lose to the seventh seeded lakers.

And for all you Laker fans who are going to jump on the clipper bandwagon now we are going to beat them too.

So say what you will about the suns, because in a 7 game series the best team always wins. That's why we crushed you Lakers in game 7. By the way who plays an elimination game 7 and loses by 31 points?

Suns starting to flex their muscle.

Back
Top Bottom