The Suns are scared | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Suns are scared

azfinfanmang said:
You are kidding, right? Just because it isnt an article doesnt mean it didnt happen. It wasnt just Shaq either. Kobe was given free reign, and he has taken advantage of it-his advantage. Now he (Kobe) is the star, and he still can't get past the first round. Not even Michael could have done that by himself, and that is the approach that Kobe has taken. I say it is his bed and let him lie in it.
He isnt winning, the fans hate him, the other players hate him and he has nobody but himself to blame...
In my opinion of course...

Now, I will be glad when he is no longer with the Lakers, so we dont get subjected to him and his attitude and I can look forward to watching the Lakers again.

I'd say his bed is looking pretty good,we were in the playoffs this year. We took the #2 seed to 7 games and although we didn't advance, we did have our chances.Are you speaking for all of us fans when you say "the fans hate him"?:confused:

:boohoo:................... Oh and btw do us fulltime Laker fans favor and don't.There's already enough fairweathered fans rootin' for LA.

icephinfan said:
Yeah, I know what your saying but I cheer for the Clips over the Lakers anyday, I still pull for the Clips, they should make it interesting though.

That's fine; I'm just hoping someone wins the series quickly and is rested for the possible San Antonio matchup. As between the Suns and Clips, I really don't care; I just want someone capable of beating the Spurs if the Mavs don't do it.

Section126 said:
Your avatar is stunning.

i would have gone with the Raja/Kobe one myself..

Hey amars..what is the skinny on what the Lakers are gonna do in the offseason? Unload for KG? Bonzi?

I think you need a TRUE PG....a Brevin Knight type...

Knight would be perfect for the Lakers; a point guard who creates, never turns the ball over, and doesn't care if he gets a single shot. Hard to say what Charlotte would do with him, though; weren't they playing Ray Felton at the 2 for a big chunk of the year, and liked the results? Buddwalk, can you help me out on this one?

Failing him, Mike James might be a good fit; between him and Kobe, they'd have one of the best defensive backcourts around. And James will probably take someone's mid-level.

Bonzi on the Lakers would be an unmitigated catastrophe. You cannot have a selfish ballplayer sharing the court with Kobe Bryant. It doesn't hurt that he's too much of a mental midget to pick up Phil Jax's system. And I don't just mean the triangle offense; I think PJ expects a certain amount of professionalism that Wells has shown himself repeatedly unable to deliver. PJ will put up with **** if your name is Bryant, O'Neal or Jordan, but that's the end of the list.

PHINATIC13 said:
[/b]
I'd say his bed is looking pretty good,we were in the playoffs this year.[/quote]

Yeah, big deal. Half the league makes the playoffs.

PHINATIC13 said:
[/b]
We took the #2 seed to 7 games and although we didn't advance, we did have our chances.Are you speaking for all of us fans when you say "the fans hate him"?:confused:

No, I am saying all the fans that dont have Purple and Yellow glasses on. Anywhere he plays except the staple center, he is booed and jeered.

PHINATIC13 said:
[/b]
:boohoo:................... Oh and btw do us fulltime Laker fans favor and don't.There's already enough fairweathered fans rootin' for LA.

Who said I was a lakers fan. :sidelol:
I appreciate the franchise, and the prestige involved. Don't get me wrong, I don't root for the Lakers, :shakeno: but I do respect the franchise, what it has done, and until the last 8-10 years, the integrity it brings to the league. Until recently, the Lakers, very much like the Celtics of old, set the benchmark for what a respectable franchise in the NBA is modeled after.
Once again, just my opinion.

And for the record, after re-thinking it, I do retract my lack of respect for Phil Jackson. Even though he has been blessed with having an abundance of the elite talent, he has EARNED 7 rings. Many coaches have had lots of talent and not even won 1.

I am not keen on Mike James. He seems to be a scorer first and that is not what L.A. needs. Brevin or Cassell would be plenty fine for me. Another interesting thought might be a trade for Jermaine O'Neal. Rumors have swarmed him rectnyl and I could see a Lamar for Jermaine swap. Not sure that Jermaine is much more of an upgrade overall to Lamar though. Perhaps L.A. could swing Luke and Mihm and an expiring contract for JO and a bad contract in return? I don't know, just thinking aloud.

azfinfanmang said:
You are kidding, right? Just because it isnt an article doesnt mean it didnt happen. It wasnt just Shaq either. Kobe was given free reign, and he has taken advantage of it-his advantage. Now he (Kobe) is the star, and he still can't get past the first round. Not even Michael could have done that by himself, and that is the approach that Kobe has taken. I say it is his bed and let him lie in it.
He isnt winning, the fans hate him, the other players hate him and he has nobody but himself to blame...
In my opinion of course...

Now, I will be glad when he is no longer with the Lakers, so we dont get subjected to him and his attitude and I can look forward to watching the Lakers again.

It was both of them. Shaq and Kobe didnt want to share the reign. Both egos where to big.

Suns didnt look scared tonight...They have so much confidence right now, its gonna be tough for the Clippers to beat them...I just hope we keep hitting our shots....

bullseyeguy said:
Suns didnt look scared tonight...They have so much confidence right now, its gonna be tough for the Clippers to beat them...I just hope we keep hitting our shots....

not really, once they get adjusted to their running style, Clippers will run away with the series

No. I really doubt it, they dont really have anyone to make the big outside shots...Brand is gonna get his, Kaman wont do much in a running game, and I think Nash will out dictata Cassell...But it should be another really good series...

bullseyeguy said:
No. I really doubt it, they dont really have anyone to make the big outside shots...Brand is gonna get his, Kaman wont do much in a running game, and I think Nash will out dictata Cassell...But it should be another really good series...

I agree it will be a good series!!!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Phil's got 11 rings. 9 as a coach and 2 as a player!

You're right! Totally forgot about his 2 with the Knicks. Well, he should have 13, then. The slacker.

Samphin said:
I am not keen on Mike James. He seems to be a scorer first and that is not what L.A. needs. Brevin or Cassell would be plenty fine for me.

I think James was a scorer first because he had to be in T.O. All in all, I think he's an unselfish player who is content to distribute, D up, and take what open shots come to him in the flow of the offense.

Another interesting thought might be a trade for Jermaine O'Neal. Rumors have swarmed him rectnyl and I could see a Lamar for Jermaine swap. Not sure that Jermaine is much more of an upgrade overall to Lamar though. Perhaps L.A. could swing Luke and Mihm and an expiring contract for JO and a bad contract in return? I don't know, just thinking aloud.

I know Larry Bird wants to blow up the Pacers, but I doubt that's what he has in mind. If the Lakers really wanted O'Neal, the bidding would start with Odom and go up from there. Odom and Bynum MIGHT be enough to make a deal happen if there wasn't a lot of interest in O'Neal. The Lakers' problem is that they have one untouchable (Bryant), one talented young prospect (Bynum), one quality player that increased his stock in the playoffs (Odom), and a bunch of guys that would be charitably described as throw-ins.

Amars said:
It was both of them. Shaq and Kobe didnt want to share the reign. Both egos where to big.

i tend to agree with this assessment to a degree, but to me, if i were in kobe's position, i'd do what anybody on the playground does: defer to the biggest, baddest guy out there. who cares whose team it is as long as we win?

parents may relate to this: if your kids are having a fight, and they're both being immature and wrong, you have to get them to compromise. you totally lose all control if you let one of them get the impression that he has "won." if you have to run one out of town, you should run them both out of town and start over. IMO, the lakers are handicapped by a star player who has been shown that he will always get his way, and i think he has no idea what it takes to win when the court isn't stacked heavily in his team's favor (i.e. with shaq in his prime).

the jerry west comment was right on, IMO. he would have been able to make this thing work.

Failing him, Mike James might be a good fit; between him and Kobe, they'd have one of the best defensive backcourts around. And James will probably take someone's mid-level.

Good player, but hogs the ball too much in crunch time. The Raptors did their best when they played James at the two with either Calderon or Martin as PG.

I think James was a scorer first because he had to be in T.O. All in all, I think he's an unselfish player who is content to distribute, D up, and take what open shots come to him in the flow of the offense.

The Raptors problem wasn't scoring, it was shot selection. James, Williams, Peterson, and Rose (while he was there) took a lot of bad shots. When James and Peterson drive to the basket, the Raps usually have a very good offense, it's when they become jump shooters that they struggle.

Of course, ever since the Carter trade, the main problem with Toronto has been that Bosh (and Charlie V this year) will start to dominate a game, and then James,Alston,Peterson,Rose,E Williams, Palacio, and Marshall would all start chucking 3's.

If the Lakers brought James in as a backup he'd be a great pick-up, but not as the starting PG.

Back
Top Bottom