The Truth Hurts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Truth Hurts

I would be curious to see what the time to sack was on the 9 sacks today. I would guess it was around 2.5 seconds average, but I'd like to see someone actually time it and post them.

Just a dreadful performance in the passing game today.

dude, we have got to expect that and expect that we're going to have to do something in the passing game to compensate for it. we can't just drop back and expect this play won't be like the last. we've got to speed the clock up and run route combos where the ball comes out. whether our WRs win 1 on 1 or not we've got to approach it that way, because the alternative is a sack.

Really bad coaching on both sides of the ball. Really bad. The old saying that a great coach can take yours and beat his does not apply here. Gase is a fraud. I am all for bringing in fresh coaching blood and always hate a retread but we have tried that over and over. I don’t have the answer, but it sure is not Gase. He is not head coach material by a long shot. I think the guys aren’t buying him at all.

Yeah, the team may not be the most talented but there is no excuse for them to lose the way that they did today. Coaching has failed this team often this season. Gase and his staff has been outcoached more than they have done the outcoaching.

How often are we going to see this team come out looking flat and unprepared before the coaches take much of the blame.

dude, we have got to expect that and expect that we're going to have to do something in the passing game to compensate for it. we can't just drop back and expect this play won't be like the last. we've got to speed the clock up and run route combos where the ball comes out. whether our WRs win 1 on 1 or not we've got to approach it that way, because the alternative is a sack.
Our WRs can't beat anyone, lol.

everybody knows tanny panics when blitzed. everybody but the pats.

we lost today because we didnt give ryan tannehill 5 seconds to throw. anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesnt watch any other football games where QBs routinely get clean 5 second pockets to make throws.

I’m guessing this was sarcasm...No QB gets that CONSISTENTLY. They just avoid it a lot better and make quick decisions to avoid massive losses. He cannot elevate his team like good QBs do. Especially on the road. He did not make a single good play today. The protection is bad but he’s also terrible when things break down. The D knows it and they bring heat. Third down woes, road performances, etc etc. Just awful.

I know he’s banged up but RT17 is not the answer. He just isn’t.

I agree that:

1. Ball must be snapped faster. This means that the plays must come in faster and the quarterback must be faster at the line of scrimmage.
2. There need to be quick outlets for the quarterback in case of instant pressure. That was not the case on all of the sacks today.
3. The protection must be looked at and the team has to figure out why protection schemes are not only failing, but failing catastrophically with such frequency.

But when you say that the quarterback is bacjk there holding the ball for 5 seconds, or being asked to do that, I don't think it reflects reality.

dude we had a pick 6 and a 75 yard TD run and were right back in it. all we needed was our QB to make something happen and without perfect protection he couldn't. i know the line is ****. but it's been ****. this is nothing new. so why do we continue to drop back as if the next play it won't be? i watch game after game after game at the college and nfl level where QBs avoid poor protection, extend plays and make something happen. Ryan Tannehill is not that guy.
i love how all you guys always say tannehill needs "perfect protection"....how about ANY protection? the guy gets obliterated out there week after week so dont give me this he needs perfect protection bs, any kind of pretection would be nice...teams dont even have to blitz and still get more pressure than our defense does when we do blitz

We don't suck, we are just another team, we will win nothing but a participant ribbon until there is a fundamental shift in our direction. Is that a change in Owner, VP of Player personnel, GM, HC, QB or most likely a combination of all these.

Our WRs can't beat anyone, lol.

DBs are DBs and not WRs because of their shitty ball skills. the passes have to be made and the WRs have to be expected to make plays. if the ball comes out and the play isn't made, we can have a discussion about getting better at WR. but we can't just take sack after sack. we're not even giving ourselves a chance. remember the carroo play vs the colts? you have to atleast get the ball out and give your guy a chance.

i love how all you guys always say tannehill needs "perfect protection"....how about ANY protection? the guy gets obliterated out there week after week so dont give me this he needs perfect protection bs, any kind of pretection would be nice...teams dont even have to blitz and still get more pressure than our defense does when we do blitz

im not asking every play man. but atleast sometimes....atleast sometime make a rusher miss, escape the pocket and make a play vs a breakdown in coverage. im seeing this in other games but we struggle mightily with doing this.

im not asking every play man. but atleast sometimes....atleast sometime make a rusher miss, escape the pocket and make a play vs a breakdown in coverage. im seeing this in other games but we struggle mightily with doing this.

He actually did this several times today. A couple of them were throwaways, two that he threw into blanket coverage (Parker EZ and Gesicki), the throw to thes ticks that Amendola dropped, the one he had to keep late in the game. The sack he avoided only to run smack into Ja'Wuan James, who was inexplicably in his lap.

The pass pro was legitimately a dumpster fire today that I rattle off all of these plays and in them I only account for 1 of the 9 sacks.

I agree that:

1. Ball must be snapped faster. This means that the plays must come in faster and the quarterback must be faster at the line of scrimmage.
2. There need to be quick outlets for the quarterback in case of instant pressure. That was not the case on all of the sacks today.
3. The protection must be looked at and the team has to figure out why protection schemes are not only failing, but failing catastrophically with such frequency.

But when you say that the quarterback is bacjk there holding the ball for 5 seconds, or being asked to do that, I don't think it reflects reality.

my bad. i didnt mean to insinuate that the QB was holding the ball for 5 secs. we didn't protect for 3 secs today let alone 5. but point is, we know the line is ****. we know we're not gonna have that time. we have got to come up with something that speeds things up and it seems like we were dropping back regular every time and waiting for things to develop.

Back
Top Bottom