The Truth Hurts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Truth Hurts

I love how Finheaven is do elated after Dolphins losses you can hardly post. Fantastic!

This happens literally every time we lose. One of the cheer leaders posts this exact same post. After a loss folks often feel the need to vent, it's a natural reaction. This was a huge loss, it in all honesty ended our season. When is it ok for people to post again ?

my bad. i didnt mean to insinuate that the QB was holding the ball for 5 secs. we didn't protect for 3 secs today let alone 5. but point is, we know the line is ****. we know we're not gonna have that time. we have got to come up with something that speeds things up and it seems like we were dropping back regular every time and waiting for things to develop.

What else can you do on 3rd and 9? What can you do when you can't even let the quarterback hit the top of his drop?

I agree that our coaching staff seems to be at a loss for answers here, but my God that was a disaster across the board. I feel like the criticism here has to go much further beyond the gameday playcalls, and look at how we even got to that point.

do you watch any other games? im constantly seeing QBs avoid the intial rush of an OL getting beat, buy time and make a play. our QB can't do that.

I think RT's main problem is he can't read the blitz packages. He rarely picks up the blitz pre-snap and changes the protection, which is of course what the elite QB's do regularly.

dude we had a pick 6 and a 75 yard TD run and were right back in it. all we needed was our QB to make something happen and without perfect protection he couldn't. i know the line is ****. but it's been ****. this is nothing new. so why do we continue to drop back as if the next play it won't be? i watch game after game after game at the college and nfl level where QBs avoid poor protection, extend plays and make something happen. Ryan Tannehill is not that guy.
No one asked for perfect protection....any protection at all would have been an upgrade.

What gets to me is the shitty POV on here from so many posters who don't understand the difference that constant pressure plays. Cite me a single case where a quarterback had this type of pressure on him every play and was effective.

This happens literally every time we lose. One of the cheer leaders posts this exact same post. After a loss folks often feel the need to vent, it's a natural reaction. This was a huge loss, it in all honesty ended our season. When is it ok for people to post again ?

Anytime! I’m not talking to a guy like you who I know is always here posting. I’m saying I can’t post because the site is so busy. It’s not busy with the usual suspects like you and me. It’s loaded with guys who have been dying to be right about the team and especially the QB sucking. I’m not a cheerleader type. I’ve said over and over we have virtually no chance for the playoffs but sure as hell was rooting for it. Since I’m now right and we’re not going to make it should I thump my chest and brag about how much I know about football? Of course not. But that’s what we get. Well congratulations!

dude we had a pick 6 and a 75 yard TD run and were right back in it. all we needed was our QB to make something happen and without perfect protection he couldn't. i know the line is ****. but it's been ****. this is nothing new. so why do we continue to drop back as if the next play it won't be? i watch game after game after game at the college and nfl level where QBs avoid poor protection, extend plays and make something happen. Ryan Tannehill is not that guy.
His fatal flaw-Ryan Tannehill can not create in the pocket.

i love how all you guys always say tannehill needs "perfect protection"....how about ANY protection? the guy gets obliterated out there week after week so dont give me this he needs perfect protection bs, any kind of pretection would be nice...teams dont even have to blitz and still get more pressure than our defense does when we do blitz
Did you say this when Brock was struggling, or does the oline only p;ay bad when Tannehill is playing?

No one asked for perfect protection....any protection at all would have been an upgrade.

What gets to me is the ****ty POV on here from so many posters who don't understand the difference that constant pressure plays. Cite me a single case where a quarterback had this type of pressure on him every play and was effective.

point made. but you can't imagine vs this front on their home field we were gonna get protection. so we know going in we can't run this O straight up. we have got to compensate and come up with an alternative. it was....reverse hb pass and wildcat. when it came to the passing game, we had nothing.

We clearly need to draft a QB in round 1. I hope a good one is there. RT has been a basic bust. He was drafted 8 overall and the team can't ever score points. We're going nowhere with RT.

Did you say this when Brock was struggling, or does the oline only p;ay bad when Tannehill is playing?

I'm not him, but I posted a thread last season saying it wasn't all on Cutler because the OL was awful and didn't give him a chance in some of those games.

Bad pass protection is bad pass protection.

the oline was bad when brock played, i never once blamed brock and not acknowledge the o-lines play, i know what you get with him and i know the line sucks

I think RT's main problem is he can't read the blitz packages. He rarely picks up the blitz pre-snap and changes the protection, which is of course what the elite QB's do regularly.

this is bs, he was 5th in the league vs the blitz the year of his initial injury. Gases first year as HC.

He was the best in yards gained against the blitz.

He was worst in the league "under pressure" but amongst the best with a "clean pocket". He had the biggest gap between those two.

So you saying he cant read blitzes is just completely false. By your standards, Tannehill would be considered elite...since ya know, thats what the elite qbs do...

this is bs, he was 5th in the league vs the blitz the year of his initial injury. Gases first year as HC.

He was the best in yards gained against the blitz.

He was worst in the league "under pressure" but amongst the best with a "clean pocket". He had the biggest gap between those two.

So you saying he cant read blitzes is just completely false. By your standards, Tannehill would be considered elite...since ya know, thats what the elite qbs do...

No need for the swearing.

I've got one stat for you - 9 sacks today.

Back
Top Bottom