"The U" Documentary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The U" Documentary

Barry Jackson reviews it:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1364557.html

Leon Searcy, on criticism of UM running up the score in a 58-7 win over Notre Dame in 1985: ``It's football, not badminton. What are we supposed to do? Take a knee and punt?''

• Former UM athletic director Sam Jankovich, on Randal Hill running through a tunnel after a touchdown in the 46-3 Cotton Bowl blowout of Texas (Jan. 1, 1991) and then coming back and pretending he was shooting pistols: ``Hill put on a demonstration that was totally disgusting as far as I was concerned.'' In his interview, Hill listed numerous people who should be blamed, but not him: ``Blame the architect of that stadium. . . . Blame the defensive back for not being able to cover me.''

I'm looking forward to this more than our bowl game. :lol:

Wish that era had never ended...

15464_1304787539436_1222939131_3094-1.jpg

The U!

I love this pic

Excellent movie. Have no idea why Shalala and the current Canes wanted to keep their distance.

That was a great documentary.

That beat down over Texas in the cotton bowl that year was just ****ing brutal.

Certainly one of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Especially good for a fan of the U, who wasn't around for the great teams of the 80's like myself.

For anyone that's interested, ESPNClassic is airing old Canes title games all night.

Canes-Bama in 1989 is on now.

anybody know when the documentary is going to air again forgot to set my dvr

Back
Top Bottom