"The U" Documentary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The U" Documentary

I was thinking of the Fab Five at Michigan as well. I think the Fab Five did the same thing for basketball that The U did for football. Michigan doesn't even acknowledge that team and it's results exist...very similar when you think about it.

have not seen the doc yet i cant wait though, but the u broke barriers, i do not think at that time there were any teams that the spotlight was more on them than any other team, it is true what they say the U invented swagger

have not seen the doc yet i cant wait though, but the u broke barriers, i do not think at that time there were any teams that the spotlight was more on them than any other team, it is true what they say the U invented swagger

You should be watching it right now lol. It's on ESPN2. Half an hour in.

i rather watch from the beginning thanks anyway

Anyone else hear Jim Mandich bitching on the documentary and especially the University of Miami Football Team as a whole?

I didnt get to see it yet. Anyone know of any reruns at normal time(before 10PM?)

Anyone else hear Jim Mandich bitching on the documentary and especially the University of Miami Football Team as a whole?

I didnt get to see it yet. Anyone know of any reruns at normal time(before 10PM?)

Yea I heard Mandich . . . he is a MEEEEECHIGAN man. He was pretty much saying how they should have had opinions of them from credible sources how really thought the antics they did back then were bad. I guess I kind of agree, it would have been nice to see a guy like Musberger, Berman, maybe a guy like Turner Gil (Nebraska QB) . . . . or some other heralded guys like Maryland and Kennedy. Guys who maybe didn't fully agree with some of the things that were going on and good give it from their angle.

It was funny hearing Lamar Thomas saying how they would get in clubs and Dolphin players were in line begging Lamar to tell them that they were with him. LMAO, imagine Marino, Clayton and Duper standing in Line talking about "hey Lamar, let us in with u". :lol:

A friend of mine was talking to me about Mandich in an email yesterday. Since we're now discussing it, here's what he said...

Let me tell you something about the Univ of ******ry aka Michigan. I grew up in Detroit during the 70s, and since it was pre-cable TV/ESPN, my only real exposure to CFB was UMich. Mich St was a nothing for the most part. UMich had VERY publicized teams, played in the Rose Bowl all the ****ing time, and prob sould have had a shot at many NCs if Bo didn't suck **** as a HC. All they did was get rated high, and lose when it mattered most. Just like a bunch of ***s that they are. As a kid, that **** can get old. The my older bro went to Mich St when Magic was there, and a decent baseball player named Kirk Gibson was an All American WR - they had a good team and won the Big 10. I was sold - Mich St OVER UMich forever, as bad as MSU always was and has continued to be.

Fast forward to August '83, I move to UM. I arrived and a dynasty was born - LOL.

My point is, let the ***s from UMich run the banks, cure cancer, run for Congress. They wouldn't know football success if it ****ed them in the ***. Tell ***g Dogg to shut his ****ing mouth.

I recall the sugar bowl

Lamar Thomas with his towel over his head after George teague
schooled him... Google it it's on YouTube
Daniel Moore made a picture of it
I believe titled 'the strip'
The beating Alabama gave Miami ( 34-13)
that game the u lost it's swagger.

Miami had a great dynasty back in the day.
I give them all the respect they deserved it.)
bama was just perfect that year.
I hope & pray bama will get it done this year.

I recall the sugar bowl

Lamar Thomas with his towel over his head after George teague
schooled him... Google it it's on YouTube
Daniel Moore made a picture of it
I believe titled 'the strip'
The beating Alabama gave Miami ( 34-13)
that game the u lost it's swagger.

Miami had a great dynasty back in the day.
I give them all the respect they deserved it.)
bama was just perfect that year.
I hope & pray bama will get it done this year.

Lamar is actually pretty cool about that whole play. You can ask him about it and he isn't a dick. We've discussed it at tailgates before. Lamar is one of my favorite dudes.

That game sucked though.

Back
Top Bottom