The U vs Georgia Tech | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The U vs Georgia Tech

Thanks to the refs for that terrible call.. Canes up 16-13 with momentum, Meriweather clearly comes down with possession of the football, and it gets called incomplete. GT ties the ball game, then takes over. But then again, Coker is an idiot for not challenging that. We all know that the refs have it against UM, who has the worst reputation in college football history because our guys are labeled as "thugs"

Aside from that, yeah, Kyle Wright sucks. He was pressured all day, but he doesn't know how to get rid of the ball when he does have time. I remember the 3rd & 1 where he rushed out've the pocket and took a sack - he had tons of room to throw it away, and instead, we faced a 3rd & 8 because the guy is an idiot.

Fire Coker, and take Wright's scholarship away from him..

305TillIDie said:
Coker is done..its official

you CANT challenge the INT call? wtf!

and the refs..you cant stop the play and see if he had the ball?

at that time..the ****ing game was tied...

Nah we had a 3 point lead but yea, it caused GT to kick a field goal to tie the game.

And Wright officially is a bust to me. Yea he had pressure, but he always buckles under it . . . . the man had NO TD passes the whole game until a fluke after it was over. And this is how he plays every week . . . he locks on to receivers and tries to force the ball in . . . just no excuse . . . yea the Canes maybe not that talented at WR, but how he doesn't go to Olsen more often is crazy . . . all the great UM QB's have made there living off the TE and Wright doesn't go to that enuff. I don't care if he finishes the season out but we need to go another direction at both QB and HC. We have some nice young weapons on this offense in James and Shields, and what I think is an improving OLine . . . . lets get those guys a fresh QB in there and a fresh head coach. Coker's job rested on this game, after all he has done . . . he could have redeemed himself with this win and making to a BCS bowl . . .now that the Canes have no shot, I really feel he is gone . . . and it will be a quick firing/resign.

tough game, but you can't drop a punt return at the end and win the game. Our offense is bad, our defense is a little better, but I'm not happy with the results, obviously.:rolleyes: Rest assured, we WILL be back. :peace:

Kdawg954 said:
Nah we had a 3 point lead but yea, it caused GT to kick a field goal to tie the game.

And Wright officially is a bust to me. Yea he had pressure, but he always buckles under it . . . . the man had NO TD passes the whole game until a fluke after it was over. And this is how he plays every week . . . he locks on to receivers and tries to force the ball in . . . just no excuse . . . yea the Canes maybe not that talented at WR, but how he doesn't go to Olsen more often is crazy . . . all the great UM QB's have made there living off the TE and Wright doesn't go to that enuff. I don't care if he finishes the season out but we need to go another direction at both QB and RB. We have some nice young weapons on this offense in James and Shields, and what I think is an improving OLine . . . . lets get those guys a fresh QB in there and a fresh head coach. Coker's job rested on this game, after all he has done . . . he could have redeemed himself with this win and making to a BCS bowl . . .now that the Canes have no shot, I really feel he is gone . . . and it will be a quick firing/resign.
yeah..you right.. my bad

i just dont understand why not double Calvin on that TD play? I mean..everyone obviously know hes a great WR..why not put an extra guy on that side?..thats coaching..i couldnt believe it....

and the penatlies killed us the wholeeee game..we get a good drive, then a flag comes out...

I hope we get a coach that demands the best out of his players..Coker isnt doing that...

Jaydog57 said:
tough game, but you can't drop a punt return at the end and win the game. Our offense is bad, our defense is a little better, but I'm not happy with the results, obviously.:rolleyes: Rest assured, we WILL be back. :peace:

Nah but the game was lost well before that, can't even blame him for droppin the punt man, was a fantastic punt . . . and in a situation like that he needed a great return so he was looking upfield before making the catch, but with 19 seconds left and no TimeOuts and with the new clock rule . . . we were done.

305TillIDie said:
yeah..you right.. my bad

i just dont understand why not double Calvin on that TD play? I mean..everyone obviously know hes a great WR..why not put an extra guy on that side?..thats coaching..i couldnt believe it....

and the penatlies killed us the wholeeee game..we get a good drive, then a flag comes out...

I hope we get a coach that demands the best out of his players..Coker isnt doing that...

Yo for real Coker hinks the other team is full of complete idiots or something. They left him single covered on first down (which was a mistake) and they ran the ball. And they have the nerve to try single coverage again on second down . . . I was smh, and why put Phillips (the CB) on him instead of Merriweather . . . I mean wtf man.

And u right the penalties are just unheard of, to be a supposed top Division 1 program and be among the top 3 in the country in penalties . . . just sickening. It is time for Coker to bid farewell, he Wannesteadted us, he took a solid team and brought them down to the bottom of the barrel . . . I kind of wish Saban could get this job instead, but if Schiano comes I wont be made either.

And why didn't we try an onside kick after the Olsen TD. I'm looking at the clock like . . . . "ok, 2 and a half minutes, clock starts after the return, even with the Timeout and we stop them, there would be under 30 seconds and no timeouts" . . . I mean iono man, I'm just fed up with the mistakes, the penalties and the bad decisions made.

I love the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets! :lol:

PatsSuck456 said:
He's been done, I've said it before its a matter of "when", not "if".

Yea but the Tech game was the icing on the cake . . . honestly, I would have never thought to get rid of him . . . midseason, but really if Butch is willing to come back then I say let Coker go and get Butch in place just in time for recruiting season. Nothing like boasting that he had about 40 or so NFL players drafted in a span of 5 years to an upcomming class, plus throwing some of the names in there as well. C'mon Shalala . . . don't wait for Paul . . make the move.

Miami is at home this week getting points.

You don't see that too often

MikeO said:
Miami is at home this week getting points.

You don't see that too often
Well hopefully we can get a win at home, unfortunately it's too late to really matter if we win:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom