The UDFA thread... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The UDFA thread...

I wish I shared your optimism brother, I really do. Unfortunately I have countless pictures in my mind of Eichenberg standing over Tua's prone form with the guy he was supposed to block on top of him.
Miracles can happen, my momma told they come in small ways. So who knows

I'm surprised both Murphy's went undrafted.
Me too. Sometimes productive players drop or go undrafted,only to go on to have solid NFL careers.

It amazes me how in comparison to his brother, Grayson has similar size and production, but doesn't get the same type of attention his brother does. Kind of overlooked.

Yeah like why didn’t we sign him instead of the other guy. I’d assume he’d still want to come here. Unless for some reason he feels like he’d be in “competition” with his brother
Probably doing him a favor not bringing him in for a job with zero promotional opportunity.

That's where I'm hoping UTEP C Andrew Meyer that we signed will be our miracle. Otherwise Eich is the backup Center, which is bad news.
Meyer might make the PS as the backup center, with Eich being able to slide over to finish a game if needed. Don't see more than 2 rookies making the active roster and whoever does can't just be a backup C.

2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Andrew Meyer, OC, UTEP
[IMG]

Andrew Meyer displays good foot speed and is a technically sound anchor as the starting center for UTEP. Hula Bowl scout Brinson Bagley breaks down Meyer as an NFL Prospect in his report
Player Data
Name, Jersey # Andrew Meyer, #75
School (Code) TXEP
DOB, Class Yr rSR
Height, Weight 6032, 302
40 Yd Dash 5.32
Position/Depth C/G
Honors/Captainship All Conference USA Honorable MentionConference USA Commissioner’s Academic Honor RollConference USA Commissioner’s Academic Medalist
Season Viewed (yr) 2022
Games Watched University of Texas El Paso @ Oklahoma 09/03/2022North Texas @ University of Texas El Paso 08/27/2022Boise State @ University of Texas El Paso 09/23/2022
Scout Name / Date Brinson Bagley, 08/08/2023
Per Year Stats (Most Recent First)
2022 GP 12
2021 GP 12
2020 GP 8
2019 GP 1
Player Summary:

rSr this 5th year Center started in 31 Games in his 5 Seasons at UTEP. He has a stout, smaller frame position. He was primarily used in Gun, for Pass Pro, and Zone Runs. He is fast from snap to finish on zone runs using good foot quickness, to laterally cross or displace the defender generating a hole, immediately placing his hands on the defender, bending his knees, and driving to deliver a defender jolting pop. In Pass Pro, he depends on a technically sound anchor, and his feet to mirror and rushers, and for recovery. He displays a quick upper body when turning to another block or needs COD. In space blocks he can quickly reach the second level on combo blocks and reaches beyond in screens placing himself ahead of the ball carrier. When dealing with a delayed blitz or double fire, he efficiently recognizes and reacts, adjusting to a change as well as snapping the ball and being a prepared blocker. He plays with solid effort and intensity.

He does struggle with his ability to generate and distribute power. With his smaller frame, he is unable to get a push in goal-line situations, as well as generate consistent grounds without a double. This carries to his UOH as once he grips a defender, he is unable to maintain a block for too long, requiring the running back to hit the hole quickly in runs, or a faster release by the QB in Pass Pro. Additionally in Pass Pro, his lack of twitch shows as explosive moves blow past him, forcing him into recovery and adjustment, as well as getting consistently driven back into the pocket by a bull rush, leaving the defender next to the QB and forcing a scramble drill.

Scheme Fit:
Zone Run scheme that includes Double Doubles in Run, and quick pass possession offense.

Power Statement:​

Andrew has the play speed, and mental acuity to play at the next level, with another year to bulk he will be a promising prospect for an NFL team.

Last edited:
Andrew Meyer
Pro Day

Dates: 03/26/24
Hand: 09 1/4 Arm: 32 5/8
Wingspan: 79 3/8

Height: 6033
Weight: 295
40 Yrd Dash: 5.08
20 Yrd Dash: 2.93
10 Yrd Dash: 1.77 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 8.03

2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Andrew Meyer, OC, UTEP
[IMG]

Andrew Meyer displays good foot speed and is a technically sound anchor as the starting center for UTEP. Hula Bowl scout Brinson Bagley breaks down Meyer as an NFL Prospect in his report
Player Data
Name, Jersey # Andrew Meyer, #75
School (Code) TXEP
DOB, Class Yr rSR
Height, Weight 6032, 302
40 Yd Dash 5.32
Position/Depth C/G
Honors/Captainship All Conference USA Honorable MentionConference USA Commissioner’s Academic Honor RollConference USA Commissioner’s Academic Medalist
Season Viewed (yr) 2022
Games Watched University of Texas El Paso @ Oklahoma 09/03/2022North Texas @ University of Texas El Paso 08/27/2022Boise State @ University of Texas El Paso 09/23/2022
Scout Name / Date Brinson Bagley, 08/08/2023
Per Year Stats (Most Recent First)
2022 GP 12
2021 GP 12
2020 GP 8
2019 GP 1
Player Summary:

rSr this 5th year Center started in 31 Games in his 5 Seasons at UTEP. He has a stout, smaller frame position. He was primarily used in Gun, for Pass Pro, and Zone Runs. He is fast from snap to finish on zone runs using good foot quickness, to laterally cross or displace the defender generating a hole, immediately placing his hands on the defender, bending his knees, and driving to deliver a defender jolting pop. In Pass Pro, he depends on a technically sound anchor, and his feet to mirror and rushers, and for recovery. He displays a quick upper body when turning to another block or needs COD. In space blocks he can quickly reach the second level on combo blocks and reaches beyond in screens placing himself ahead of the ball carrier. When dealing with a delayed blitz or double fire, he efficiently recognizes and reacts, adjusting to a change as well as snapping the ball and being a prepared blocker. He plays with solid effort and intensity.

He does struggle with his ability to generate and distribute power. With his smaller frame, he is unable to get a push in goal-line situations, as well as generate consistent grounds without a double. This carries to his UOH as once he grips a defender, he is unable to maintain a block for too long, requiring the running back to hit the hole quickly in runs, or a faster release by the QB in Pass Pro. Additionally in Pass Pro, his lack of twitch shows as explosive moves blow past him, forcing him into recovery and adjustment, as well as getting consistently driven back into the pocket by a bull rush, leaving the defender next to the QB and forcing a scramble drill.

Scheme Fit:
Zone Run scheme that includes Double Doubles in Run, and quick pass possession offense.

Power Statement:​

Andrew has the play speed, and mental acuity to play at the next level, with another year to bulk he will be a promising prospect for an NFL team.

Sounds like a scheme fit for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom