The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks

The Mavs are giving this one away....they were just up by 8 with a few mnutes left and now are down by 1. :eek:

What a game....Mavs blew it.....

Mark Cuban, "Why did I trade Nash away?"

What a play by Boris Diaw. He's established the fact that he already has an all around game, but now you can add a huge clutch play in the playoffs to his resume.

What's with Raja Bell's injury? No offense, but if it's a serious injury, then damn. KARMA is a *****, huh? [referring to that disgusting, punkish cheap shot he put on Kobe]

EDIT: also, let me add that this was a very entertaining game from an OUTSIDER's perspective. However, if I'm a Suns fan, I'd be pissed right now at how horrible the defense was; same with the Mavs. This was probably the worst conference finals game, defensively, that I've ever seen...considering both teams were just pathetic. :lol:

Should be a great series, though.

How you beat the Suns......

1) Don't play like the Suns.

2) Slow the game down by using the full shot clock and work the ball around for a good shot. Phoenix has a soft defense, especially on the inside. You need to exploit that.

3) You must protect the defensive end on 3's or other shots with probably long rebounds.

4) After a made shot you must not forget Phoenix is one of the few (if not the only) team that runs after made shots not just misses. They sometimes have scored or gotten to the basket and been fouled before 4 players of the other team even know what has happened.

5 and last) When you get back on the defensive end protect the 3 point line, not just the paint. Not team is like the Suns in that they fire up 3's with 20 or more seconds left on the shot clock.

I think Dallas is the better team in this series, but it's easy to be caught playing out of character when you play the Suns.

Personally, I want to see the Suns vs. Heat in the Finals. It's the Finals we were deprived of last season and it would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom