The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks

Heh, I was not surprised that Phoenix was going to take Game 1.

This just in: No team in the league can run and shoot with the Suns. I knew the Mavericks were going to try to out-shoot the Suns. And I know that even if Avery makes these adjustments, that Phoenix will still manage to find a way to make Dallas play their way; it's just tempting because Dallas has great shooters as well but not as good as Phoenix in transition.

I'm picking the Suns to win in Game 6, especially with a healthy Kurt Thomas.

When will anyone understand that fact? Even the Mavericks, who have some great offensive weapons, CAN NOT shoot with the Suns. If they don't play defense on Steve Nash in the paint, then Steve will do that up and under move on you about 90% of the time and you will feel like a clown when he makes the basket in.

Boris Diaw is a Sun-type Center. One that can run and shoot. You can't leave Diop or Dampier on the floor, they can barely run with the Suns.

Avery has alot of adjustments to make.

icephinfan said:
Suns will struggle with Dirk, the Suns don't have a true Center in the middle.

Well they should have Amare Stodamire. If they did, they would beat the Mavs in 5 or 6. The Suns are SCARY. :eek: They have the best PG in the league in MVP Steve Nash and probably the two most athletic wing men in the game with Sean Marion and Boris Diaw. They have the best young center in Stodamire, and a decent SG who is a pretty good defender in Rasha Bell. If they had Amare healthy, they are the best team in basketball no doubt about it.:quiet:

postermaster said:
Mavs will win the series..., just as they did with SA
Maybe, but we showed that its not gonna be a smash like everyone has been saying...I still think the Suns will win though, but Bell getting hurt will be significant, if he cant come back...

And I actually dont think the Suns played all that well, their FT% was lower than the average, they didnt put up enough, and didnt make enough 3's...Barbosa was ice cold, and didnt do anything...What it comes down to, is the pick and roll that beat the Mavs last year, could very well end their season this year...

bullseyeguy said:
And I actually dont think the Suns played all that well, their FT% was lower than the average, they didnt put up enough, and didnt make enough 3's...Barbosa was ice cold, and didnt do anything...What it comes down to, is the pick and roll that beat the Mavs last year, could very well end their season this year...

:sidelol:

Yeah..you didn't play all that well....

Come on dude. :lol:

Section126 said:
:sidelol:

Yeah..you didn't play all that well....

Come on dude. :lol:
You know what I mean, we should have hit 5 or 6 more 3's, and Leandro was 1/7....I think they played great, but could have played better...Nash and Diaw won that game for us, but I guess that isnt much different from last year when Amare and Nash won all 4 games for us....

:roflmao: @ both of these teams trying to play defense.

the key word there is obviously in bold.

When is Josh Howard gonna be a free agent? I'd do kart wheels for this guy.

Great game. I am rooting for the Suns just because I use to live in Tempe and use drive over to watch them play at the Madhouse on McDowell street.

Quick Question:

Why the hell do teams settle for jumpshots against the Suns? Man, that perimeter defense is the worst I've ever seen in my life. Seriously. They are so easy to blow right by, especially without Raja Bell out there. Dwyane Wade would run circles around that defense......

Back
Top Bottom