The worst part about this is we ALL knew this would happen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The worst part about this is we ALL knew this would happen.

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was thinking about what happened right after Ross botched the Harbaugh deal. He gave Sparano a new deal then brought in Dabol. Now I know 99 percent of us in this forum if given the chance would have never made that decision. But I really think Ross must have been counting on a long Players Strike if not losing the season entirely. It's the only thing that makes any sense with all the NON moves Ross made. But now he also has to know that if he wants to suck the most he needs to keep Sparano because of he makes a change now the team might actually win a game.

Truer words but Ross f'd up by being rejected by Harbaugh. This season will show which players want to stick. Tony is a dead man walking.

Truer words but Ross f'd up by being rejected by Harbaugh. This season will show which players want to stick. Tony is a dead man walking.

Eh, I think Harbaugh is just a West Coast guy and was never really interested in Miami anyway. I think he used Miami and his relationship with Ross as leverage for the 49ers job. I also think he would have been fine staying at Stanford another season as well.

I disagree, if Ross had done things the right way, as in firing Sparano first and then going after Harbaugh things would have been different. If Harbaugh had accepted the job while Tony was still on the HC of the Dolphins, Harbaugh would have been crucified. Sources close to him said many times he really wanted to come to Miami if things had been handled better by Ross and company.

Out of respect for the position, Harbaugh did the right thing and declined, specially after the Media caught wind of the whole debacle.

Eh, I think Harbaugh is just a West Coast guy and was never really interested in Miami anyway. I think he used Miami and his relationship with Ross as leverage for the 49ers job. I also think he would have been fine staying at Stanford another season as well.

The idea that Ross kept this regime after a 2nd straight late season debachle is a bigger indictment on him IMO. The idea that this regime is still around after all of this ****ing misery is mind blowing.

Money talks and bull**** walks. Ross is full of bull****.

After that whole Harbaugh/Sparano thing I knew the season was doomed but then my silly a** found some optimism when the team picked up guys like Kevin Burnett, Clyde Gates, Charles Clay, and Reggie Bush SMH. My thought process was that the team was 7-9 and lacked speed, well they added speed so i figured at the least they'd end up with around the same record as last year. Boy was I wrong, the team/players even the young players who have a lot of room to grow are regressing wtf. The players can say all they want that they have Tony's back but that's bs... they know they're playing for a lame duck coach and they're playing like it.

the moment we retained sparano after going cross country looking for his replacement this season was over...period...exclamation point

worse decision we've made in a long long line of bad decisions...

If they fired Tony & Co. first and whiff on Harbaugh, the consolation prize is Cowher/Gruden/Fisher and we're on our way back up.

The funniest part about the entire debacle was the postponement of the round table discussion because they couldn't get their story straight. That really told us all we needed to know about 2011.

Sorry.. i thought we were a 8-8 team at worst.

And the Harbaugh issue.. Harbaugh was never coming here njo matter how much money Ross offered. It was WELL reported at the time that Harbaugh, more importantly his wife wanted to stay in Cali... he didn't even need to move to accept the SF job.

Back
Top Bottom