The writings on the wall who the Veteran QB that competes with Henne is going to be.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The writings on the wall who the Veteran QB that competes with Henne is going to be..

If Jake Delhomme's name is written on the wall... it's on the wall of the worst toilet in Scotland and the "pen" is a wet turd.

The more I think about it, I too am leaning towards the Orton factor since our "braintrusts" are fighting for their jobs. Unless under a specific mandate from Ross, at this point they could care less about mortgaging the future if they're not gonna be part of it. :idk:

While it's detestable, it's also understandable . My hope is that the justifiably hated Carl Peterson has enough sense and influence to instruct his buddy Steve to lay down the law about trading 1st and 2nd round picks.

The more I think about it, I too am leaning towards the Orton factor since our "braintrusts" are fighting for their jobs. Unless under a specific mandate from Ross, at this point they could care less about mortgaging the future if they're not gonna be part of it. :idk:

While it's detestable, it's also understandable . My hope is that the justifiably hated Carl Peterson has enough sense and influence to instruct his buddy Steve to lay down the law about trading 1st and 2nd round picks.

I think that's exactly what you want to avoid. Somebody (that knows what the hell they're doing) has to take a LEADERSHIP role for once in the Miami Dolphins organization, and put forth a clear and determined plan that is STRUCTURED AROUND THE QUARTERBACK POSITION LONG TERM... and say "this is how we're going to do it"...

I don't expect Ross to know the philosophies of coaching and/or acquiring talent from the perspective of a trained football eye, but I do expect him to have enough common sense not to allow a regime that's hanging on by a thread to begin trading away valuable future draft picks for short term gain.

I would not allow these guys to trade any future picks just so they can try to save their skin if I was in charge.

These guys have had 4 years.... either prove to me you can go out there and win with your dreadfully important "Hall of Fame" left tackle, hand picked Chad Henne, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Cameron Wake, Karlos Dansby, and the rest.... or get the hell off my payroll.

If I even thought for one second that ANY of the other QB options out there were worth trading future picks for, or thought any of them were in the best interest of the Dolphins long term... I'd let 'em go ahead and do it. However, that's just not the reality....

There's not a single quarterback on the market Miami could trade for that they won't be looking to upgrade or replace a year or two from now anyway....

If I even thought for one second that this was a regime worth saving... I'd let them exhaust whatever resources available to do it. However, that's just not the reality in my opinion...

My issue with this regime is I've never agreed with their philosophy or direction for building a football team from scratch from the day they were hired... that's a problem for me. That's not worth mortgaging the future for from my perspective.

It's similar to evaluating a prospect who you feel is maxed out potential wise, you just don't see the upside with him. Yeah, he might stick on your roster as a mediocre player for a while, but you know he's always going to be a guy you're looking to upgrade or replace anyway because he just can't make the plays that matter when they matter most.

When you fail at the quarterback position... when you fail at the position that matters most... you fail... period. That's just the way it is and the way it's going to be.

It's to the point now where whoever is going to take that LEADERSHIP position has to make a decision..... he either has to choose to try and save this regime for the sake of "stability", or choose to preserve the best interest of the Miami Dolphins going forward with a new regime.

The only opportunity I would afford these guys to save their own skin is with Chad Henne, or a street free agent. Either develope the guy who was "as good as Matt Ryan", or hope you can catch lightning in a bottle with someone else's castoff. I think that's fair....

My advice to them would be crystal clear.... I can promise you're not pissing away my chance to have a legitimate franchise quarterback for 10+ years just so you can dink and dunk your way to a 9 win season with the likes of Kyle Orton... I'm not going to let it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's exactly what you want to avoid. Somebody (that knows what the hell they're doing) has to take a LEADERSHIP role for once in the Miami Dolphins organization, and put forth a clear and determined plan that is STRUCTURED AROUND THE QUARTERBACK POSITION LONG TERM... and say "this is how we're going to do it"...

I don't expect Ross to know the philosophies of coaching and/or acquiring talent from the perspective of a trained football eye, but I do expect him to have enough common sense not to allow a regime that's hanging on by a thread to begin trading away valuable future draft picks for short term gain.

I would not allow these guys to trade any future picks just so they can try to save their skin if I was in charge.

These guys have had 4 years.... either prove to me you can go out there and win with your dreadfully important "Hall of Fame" left tackle, hand picked Chad Henne, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Cameron Wake, Karlos Dansby, and the rest.... or get the hell off my payroll.

If I even thought for one second that ANY of the other QB options out there were worth trading future picks for, or thought any of them were in the best interest of the Dolphins long term... I'd let 'em go ahead and do it. However, that's just not the reality....

There's not a single quarterback on the market Miami could trade for that they won't be looking to upgrade or replace a year or two from now anyway....

If I even thought for one second that this was a regime worth saving... I'd let them exhaust whatever resources available to do it. However, that's just not the reality in my opinion...

My issue with this regime is I've never agreed with their philosophy or direction for building a football team from scratch from the day they were hired... that's a problem for me. That's not worth mortgaging the future for from my perspective.

It's similar to evaluating a prospect who you feel is maxed out potential wise, you just don't see the upside with him. Yeah, he might stick on your roster as a mediocre player for a while, but you know he's always going to be a guy you're looking to upgrade or replace anyway because he just can't make the plays that matter when they matter most.

When you fail at the quarterback position... when you fail at the position that matters most... you fail... period. That's just the way it is and the way it's going to be.

It's to the point now where whoever is going to take that LEADERSHIP position has to make a decision..... he either has to choose to try and save this regime for the sake of "stability", or choose to preserve the best interest of the Miami Dolphins going forward with a new regime.

The only opportunity I would afford these guys to save their own skin is with Chad Henne, or a street free agent. Either develope the guy who was "as good as Matt Ryan", or hope you can catch lightning in a bottle with someone else's castoff. I think that's fair....

My advice to them would be crystal clear.... I can promise you're not pissing away my chance to have a legitimate franchise quarterback for 10+ years just so you can dink and dunk your way to a 9 win season with the likes of Kyle Orton... I'm not going to let it happen.

exactly...and unfortunately you and i know better...but does ross??? ehhh...i don't think so

No, just another person wanting to start a thread to bash the FO and/or Chad Henne. We need free agency to start so at least there can be new things for people to complain about.

Exactly more of the same...

thumbnailaspxq1056774237327id81a31c7df92-1.jpg

the team has talent, if they are going to improve and take the next step chad henne has to be the guy that does it, this is year four which is usually the year QBS start to really improve, rather play the year with henne and then move on if he is just not the guy

Re:

Whether that is realistic or not, you just made my day even worse. First of all It's raining like nobody's business here in Portland today. Secondly I'm going to work on a Sunday. And now I'm reading that we may go after dwlhome. Even though it might not happen the idea that he constitutes competition at qb for our team disturbs me so deeply. Nearly ad much as us going after ray Edwards

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

**** it - let's put a stop to that ****! (this thread was making me too queasy)

308jqc6-1.jpg

In the meantime, Matty Ice will continue to dominate in Atlanta. Sure is a good thing we went with the HOF LT with that first pick.

If Daboll has a comfort level with Delhomme then yes he'll be signed.

Good news, he'll be cut after ****** is fired.

In the meantime, Matty Ice will continue to dominate in Atlanta. Sure is a good thing we went with the HOF LT with that first pick.

Even moreso, Aaron Rodgers is one of the 3 best league QBs and the SB MVP. Sure is a good thing Saban loved those SEC RB part timers and head-banging journeyman QBs eh?

I completely agree. If Henne turns it around and tears it up this year and we win the division (not likely, but possible) I'll be thrilled. If we suck *** and get a good QB, I'm ok with that too because at least we will have a future. But another seven to nine win season that keeps us in the middle of the pack is completely unacceptable, especially if we give up a bunch of high picks to do it.

Back
Top Bottom