There are no good QB's N E More | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There are no good QB's N E More

XXXSURTAINXXX

THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN
Reaction score
With the exception of Manning there are no great outstanding model your game after type QB's in the league. When I was a kid qb's like Marino, Eason & Grogan, Elway, Simms, Montana, Kelly, Esiason , Theisman, these guys were all great and exciting to watch. Mcnabb, Vick and Culpepper are good dont get me twisted but they dont control the game like these guys did. Im talking about pure hero behind the Oline. maybe it's just me thinkinbg my geneation was better. Football back then was better IMO because of the loyalty and tenure a player had to a team. Man I miss the late 70's and 80's.

Ok i feel better now....gone to search for new rumors.

Anthony3454 said:
Unfurnunitely, I would have to consider Brady one.

You are a better man than me. i cant even fix my lips to say such a thing.....But his true test will come this year. if he atleast makes the playoffs witht he offseason hits he has taken Ill give him partial credit...never full....cause I hate the baztard.

There are those that are top notch, but I can see what you're saying. Manning really is something special, even if he can't seem to get over the hump of the AFC Championship.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
With the exception of Manning there are no great outstanding model your game after type QB's in the league. When I was a kid qb's like Marino, Eason & Grogan, Elway, Simms, Montana, Kelly, Esiason , Theisman, these guys were all great and exciting to watch. Mcnabb, Vick and Culpepper are good dont get me twisted but they dont control the game like these guys did. Im talking about pure hero behind the Oline. maybe it's just me thinkinbg my geneation was better. Football back then was better IMO because of the loyalty and tenure a player had to a team. Man I miss the late 70's and 80's.

Ok i feel better now....gone to search for new rumors.
they're out there... the game has just changed now.

people were saying the same thing when marino and elway first came out.... people were saying "where are all the roger staubachs and fran tarkentons?"

the game changes, the QBs change.

ironically, the QBs today have better stats than any QBs before now. check out Archie Manning's stats... he was supposed to be "so great" for the Saints, but his stats are worse than Fiedler's.

Montana's stats are just slightly above-average, but are overshadowed by all his superbowl appearances. culpepper has better stats than montana.

i think we just miss the glory days of QB's, when it wasn't so much the stats but HOW you won. these days there aren't any amazing victories save for those shown us by peyton and tom.

i think Peyton and Tom are your closest QB's we have today to the old guys of yore.... both make for exciting games and know how to bring a team back.

in fact the most exciting game i can recall in the last five years was the MNF game of the Colts versus the Bucs in 2003... the bucs had it all seemingly wrapped up at the start of the 4th quarter with a lead of 30+ points.... but of course peyton had to come back and tie the game, send it into OT, then win the game.

that was the best game of memory, and it involves today's QBs!

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
You are a better man than me. i cant even fix my lips to say such a thing.....But his true test will come this year. if he atleast makes the playoffs witht he offseason hits he has taken Ill give him partial credit...never full....cause I hate the baztard.
i hate the guy to, but you have to give credit where its due.

its not bill belichick, its brady.

before brady, belichick had a losing record, even with the patriots. now he's unstoppable. and when brady plays bad the whole team collapses.

its not bill. its tom. tom carries that team.

exactly that was a great game TB vs Indy. The QB took charge. marino and Elway were gifted with that. yes I do miss the glory days of a QB. When money was just extra for them.

Let me add favre to the list with manning. he plays the game like a true warrior.

Took the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard I guess) texas. Excellent post!

texasPHINSfan said:
i hate the guy to, but you have to give credit where its due.

its not bill belichick, its brady.

before brady, belichick had a losing record, even with the patriots. now he's unstoppable. and when brady plays bad the whole team collapses.

its not bill. its tom. tom carries that team.

I just cant do it. You said it for me, so thanks.

If Tony Eason or Steve Grogan were ever as good as Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, or Daunte Culpepper, I'm mickey mouse.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
exactly that was a great game TB vs Indy. The QB took charge. marino and Elway were gifted with that. yes I do miss the glory days of a QB. When money was just extra for them.

Let me add favre to the list with manning. he plays the game like a true warrior.

Yeah, I am a huge fan of Farve. Great QB and a great guy. His talent is only matched by his heart. If I was ever to have a "second favorite team" (which I would never do) it would have been GB just because I loved watching him play.

ckparrothead said:
If Tony Eason or Steve Grogan were ever as good as Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, or Daunte Culpepper, I'm mickey mouse.

Gorgan and eason use to give Miami hell bro.

Oh BTW hows Minni's doggy style?

Gonzo said:
Yeah, I am a huge fan of Farve. Great QB and a great guy. His talent is only matched by his heart. If I was ever to have a "second favorite team" (which I would never do) it would have been GB just because I loved watching him play.
since we're mentioning favre, how could we forget the game last year where he torched the raiders for 400 yards and 4 TDs? the day after his father passed?

you don't get games like that too much anymore... that was an awesome game.

Back
Top Bottom