There is only one way we win this game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is only one way we win this game!

Offense has to open it up. We have to take risks.

Defense needs a damn pass rush. I think with Finegan back along with Jones and Grimes...they will hold up ok......but the middle of the field and "Gronk" have to be taken away. Not sure how you accomplish that with our group, but perhaps Dion Jordon will find his calling today.

Brady is much easier to defend when he is under pressure.

No question it will be a difficult task to win this game.

How about a blizzard.....turning this into a field goal contest....and we have the snowplow operator clear a spot for Sturgis to kick the winning field goal?

**** that. Get explosive. Challenge the Pats down field the way that Miami has not challenged any other team this year. Yes, that does mean Jason Fox will have to win on the edge, but go down field and get big plays and draw PI's.

You mean play like a "real" football team? That's just crazy enough to work!

Control the ball?.....remember when we play Manning a few years ago on Monday night and we controlled the ball most of the game? Our TOP was way higher than theirs but Manning and the colts scored every time they had the ball and our defense was better then than it is now imo. No, the only way to win is by winning the turnover battle big time and by playing way better than them on STs. If Philbin lets the team play like there's nothing to lose and take chances and pull some good trick plays then who knows.

lol @ everyone hollaring for "challenge them down the field" this team is equipped with some of the most potent cb talent we've seen all year, we'll be playing the in snow, and we don't have an offensive line that can give tanne a pocket for more than 2.5 seconds.

yea let's just throw it up and see what happens...

you win this one like you won the first game of the year. run for 150+ yards, keep the passing game simple, and take 2 or maybe 3 shots when wallace gets behind the defense. most importantly though, like every time we play the patriots, we win with our d line and hitting tom brady

lol @ everyone hollaring for "challenge them down the field" this team is equipped with some of the most potent cb talent we've seen all year, we'll be playing the in snow, and we don't have an offensive line that can give tanne a pocket for more than 2.5 seconds.

you win this one like you won the first game of the year. run for 150+ yards, keep the passing game simple, and take 2 or maybe 3 shots when wallace gets behind the defense. most importantly though, like every time we play the patriots, we win with our d line and hitting tom brady

I disagree. I think these big corners make the short game more difficult esp with their clutching and grabbing. I see them jumping the short stuff too. I think they have to be tested deep.

Browner and Revis will take the outside receivers. Landry will be bracketed by Arrington and a LB. Jamie Collins will take care of Clay. McCourty will be middle high.

Miami has to get it down on the outside.

I disagree. I think these big corners make the short game more difficult esp with their clutching and grabbing. I see them jumping the short stuff too. I think they have to be tested deep.

Browner and Revis will take the outside receivers. Landry will be bracketed by Arrington and a LB. Jamie Collins will take care of Clay. McCourty will be middle high.

Miami has to get it down on the outside.

On play action I agree with you. We have not run the ball enough the second half of the season. We need to see miller get 25-30 touches, and use the run to set up the pass. Then it's a 50/50 gamble that Tanny will get the time to make the throws. Passes don't have to be 50 yards down the field, but the dink and dunk game hasn't worked the past few weeks. And now that our D can't hold the score under 20 we have to move the ball down the field some way. Running the ball more though will help keep Brady off the field. And the Pats run defense is nothing special. The recipe for success is run the ball down their throats.

Only way to win this game is to implement the Wildcat, circa 2008.....

Who was responsible for that game plan?

I've never seen BB and the Pats more confused than that day.

Pats defense looked like a high school team that day.

The scenario of running the ball to control the clock means nothing if we can stop them on defense which we won't. Its pointless if we have a long drive that took 10 mins only to see Brady score a TD within 2 mins. That strategy at times is worthless unless you have a dynamic defense.

The scenario of running the ball to control the clock means nothing if we can stop them on defense which we won't. Its pointless if we have a long drive that took 10 mins only to see Brady score a TD within 2 mins. That strategy at times is worthless unless you have a dynamic defense.

With Cortland Finnegan back (this is of course based on the assumption that he will play and be something close to effective) it's not ridiculous to think we can shut down their WR's. Their running game isn't special. Where we will be soft is the middle of the field. I don't think they are going to get 2 min drive on us. I think the worry is the same thing that plagued us last week. Methodical drives from Brady that keep our defense on the field. To remedy that we need to get to Brady. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Snow? Its looking to be a great day on my forecast. Almost perfect football weather.

I say we run a few more of those trick plays where Wallace throws it deep, you know he won't be afraid to let it go at the very least. He may even be more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom