There is only one way we win this game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is only one way we win this game!

Snow? Its looking to be a great day on my forecast. Almost perfect football weather.

I say we run a few more of those trick plays where Wallace throws it deep, you know he won't be afraid to let it go at the very least. He may even be more accurate.

Yeah, so close. Only about 35-40 degrees below ideal. :bobdole:

The scenario of running the ball to control the clock means nothing if we can stop them on defense which we won't. Its pointless if we have a long drive that took 10 mins only to see Brady score a TD within 2 mins. That strategy at times is worthless unless you have a dynamic defense.

I will take long 7-8 minute drives over 2 minute drives any day of the week, as long as it is TD drives. Which D is going to be tired at the end of the game? Who cares if they answer each of our long TD drives with a 2 minute TD drive as long as we are going back and forth and we have a chance at the end against a tired D?

Yeah, so close. Only about 35-40 degrees below ideal. :bobdole:

Believe it or not, real football is not meant to be played in the tropics. There is a reason its played in the fall and the dead of winter.

[video=youtube;N_pGf8A1Tkg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_pGf8A1Tkg[/video]

I will take long 7-8 minute drives over 2 minute drives any day of the week, as long as it is TD drives. Which D is going to be tired at the end of the game? Who cares if they answer each of our long TD drives with a 2 minute TD drive as long as we are going back and forth and we have a chance at the end against a tired D?

And that's exactly what the Pats defense wants.

Let teams go on 7-10 play drives with the possibility of a mistake/ turnover, keep all plays in front of them and then hold teams to FG once inside the red zone.

To beat the Pats, the Phins will need some big scoring plays and also convert TDs inside the red zone.

We need Coyle to be more aggressive. I'd love to see a blind side CB blitz early and hammer Brady, even if it's late and we get a roughing the passer call. Brady's effectiveness plummets when he's uncomfortable, so I'd rather we played aggressively like Todd Bowles rather than Kevin Coyle's safety first approach. We might get torched, but it's time to try something new.

Ground game is important....no question. We also need to pressure Brady. If he gets to just sit back there and scan the field....we have no shot. We need to be creative with blitzes and go after him on a regular basis. Also need the DL to step it up......they have been AWOL the last month

Exactly, we need to get to Brady. We need to hit him, and hit him often and hit him hard. The best way to beat the Patriots is to get Brady off his game.

Our running game hasn't proven to win us anything so far. Why trust it emphatically now?

Tend to agree long drives aren't the solution, it the only thing of importance is scoring TDs. Bar half time and the end of the game each team is going to have the same amount of possessions, so long drives just mean you have more moments when the drive might fail.
The Pats pass rush I think has been poor this year, we need good protection and open them up, I think we are also going to need to be aggressive on 4th down from time to time. This could be a big game for Jordan, if he can negate Gronk to some degree it would be pretty important. Finally the most important key as people have said is make Brady uncomfortable, we cannot let him have time to do what he wants to do, and on top of that please stop the run after the past few weeks!

With the injuries at LB and OL....and even corner, this game isn't looking good. The only way we even stand a remote chance at this game is to run the ball, control the clock with long drives, and to score TDs on those long drives. We have to limit Brady and the Pats offensive possessions, because with our injuries.....they are going to score. We have to limit their chances and go score to score with them. If we have a lot of 3 and outs, we are toast!

Agreed! It's important to finish drives with touchdowns when we use that strategy.

Why is everyone of so little faith? They are the superior team, but need I remind everyone we won our last two meetings? Any given Sunday guys, a lot more riding on this for us then there is for them.

Pressure Brady, sustained drives, run, run, run. This is a winnable game, and if it's not then cease all playoff talk immediately.

Why is everyone of so little faith? They are the superior team, but need I remind everyone we won our last two meetings? Any given Sunday guys, a lot more riding on this for us then there is for them.

Pressure Brady, sustained drives, run, run, run. This is a winnable game, and if it's not then cease all playoff talk immediately.

because in big spots, this team does not come through. on the road in new england in december is hardly winnable. this is an average team, the patriots are in postseason form. I would love to be proven otherwise, but I think we are in for a severe beating.

because in big spots, this team does not come through. on the road in new england in december is hardly winnable. this is an average team, the patriots are in postseason form. I would love to be proven otherwise, but I think we are in for a severe beating.

Since 2009, the Phins are 9-11 in the month of December, the Pats are 17-2.

Two words, Ryan Tannehill. He needs to be great down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom