They still better get Rivers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

They still better get Rivers...

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope the FO won't stop here with A.J. Feeley. As we all know he's unproven. We did the same thing with Jay Fiedler, and look how that turned out.

If you look at it, this was the best option available right now. Even if we got Henson, he wouldn't be ready for next season. Our 1st choice is gone only because the Skins were dumb enough to give him a pot of gold, and Ramsey isn't available.

You also have to understand why they made this trade. If they waited after March 3, they could've got caught with their pants down if they wanted to sign AJ later. Then, they'd have to give up a first. Who else is available? Garcia? No, thanks. QBs always seem to look good in SF. Kurt Warner? When he wakes up from his concussions, we'll think about it. Who does that leave? Kordell Stewart? Rich Gannon?

And don't even say we should've brought Jay back. Puleeaase. It's obvious that he regressed last year. So basically, if the Phins draft Rivers, then this whole thing makes sense. They would have went with the best FA QB available, and drafted a young one to groom.

I'm not against taking Rivers.....but,

It wouldn't make sense to target him now with so many other glaring needs IMO.

Now that Miami has found it's starter....it just seems more logical to shift the focus to the offensive line and WR position. Maybe even sign a free agent defensive end if Ogun is let go.

I just don't see the FO still in the hunt for a top QB prospect.

River's stock is rocketing...

(I read an article linked from NFL.com site that he could go in the top ten and may even supplant Ben or Eli as one of the first two QB's to go). As such I don't think he'll be a Dolphin, whether the will is there or not.

It would be nice to say AJ is the man and we don't have to worry about QB anymore; however, the fact still remains that he's very unproven as a starter, and we can't afford to have another bust @ the most important position on the team. As tempting as it would be to go OL and WR assuming we get two firsts, they should still draft Rivers.

It's amazing how incompetent the FO has been for 6 years now. I say six because they should've started looking for their QB of the future since at least 1997 when Marino had 2 more years left. We need to once and for all make a strong move for a potential franchise QB. Yeah, Feeley could work out, but could you imagine the mutany if we don't draft Rivers and he lights it up in a few years? I would be sick. Sicker than not getting Calico or Boldin last year.

for the most part, if you've proven you have the talent and can make it to the nfl in this era at the QB position, i think you can be successful with the right pieces around you... That being said, don't spend a pick on rivers or any other qb if there are guys available that can help us elsewhere... We won with jay fiedler, we can with with AJ Feeley, it's not what we all wanted, but as dolfans we can complain all we want but our only options are really to stop supporting the team or live with the move and hope it works out, this day in age we see QBs come out of no where every single day so i'm willing to give it a shot, but i think we have to go all in. AJ feeley is the guy and we use the draft and FA to sure up the line and WR, add depth, not bring in a rookie to make him wonder how long his stay is. If Feeley falls flat on his face this year, then hopefully next years draft can yield our QB of the future, this years draft is too deep at other positions we need to pass up on somoene for rivers.

Re: River's stock is rocketing...

Originally posted by GazPhin
(I read an article linked from NFL.com site that he could go in the top ten and may even supplant Ben or Eli as one of the first two QB's to go). As such I don't think he'll be a Dolphin, whether the will is there or not.
Wow. :eek: Link please? If that's the case, then we've got no shot anyway. Has it been reported that the Phins dropped out of the Henson race? Outside of Henson, we really don't have any other options for QB unless you want to take a shot @ Garcia, although I'm not comfortable with him either.

I also hope they really give Sage a LEGIT shot at QB in training camp. It's about time we see what he can really do. We could've got a taste on the last game of the year that meant NOTHING....oh yeah, they wanted to win 10 games. :rolleyes:

Another brilliant idea Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your wish etc...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7104541

Conclusion:
"And that's why he has suddenly become the hottest player in this draft, a guy who could find his way into the top 10 -- which is where he belongs. Five years from now, we will look back on this quarterback class and consider it special with three franchise passers, one more than most thought a month ago. "

Re: Re: River's stock is rocketing...

Originally posted by Dolfan954
Wow. :eek: Link please? If that's the case, then we've got no shot anyway. Has it been reported that the Phins dropped out of the Henson race? Outside of Henson, we really don't have any other options for QB unless you want to take a shot @ Garcia.

That would not be smart.

You are forsaking other positions in an attempt to stock your roster full of good QBs.....well you will need them with the poor blocking your offensive line will give.

Get over it. Feeley is the starter. They will more than likely bring in some other has been to compete with Sage if Brian doesn't want to return as 2nd string.

Keep your eye on JP Losman. i just heard this morning from the combine on NFL access that Losman did himself big favors and threw the ball very well. He is a sure 1st round draft pick they say.

Re: Re: Re: River's stock is rocketing...

Originally posted by Superself

That would not be smart.

You are forsaking other positions in an attempt to stock your roster full of good QBs.....well you will need them with the poor blocking your offensive line will give.

Get over it. Feeley is the starter. They will more than likely bring in some other has been to compete with Sage if Brian doesn't want to return as 2nd string.
All the blocking in the world isn't going to help if your QB isn't good enough, and I hope that Feeley is. All it will take is two FA signings on OL to be formidable. You can't plug every hole in one offseason. And also, it's much easier to find a good WR than a good QB.

Re: Your wish etc...

Originally posted by GazPhin
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7104541

Conclusion:
"And that's why he has suddenly become the hottest player in this draft, a guy who could find his way into the top 10 -- which is where he belongs. Five years from now, we will look back on this quarterback class and consider it special with three franchise passers, one more than most thought a month ago. "
Thanks Gaz. :up:

The Dolphins are interested in having Fiedler on the roster, but the most likely scenario would be asking him to take a pay cut with the likelihood he would be a backup to QB A.J. Feeley

Thats from KFFL.com. Do you think that they would sign Feeley having him be the starter and still draft Rivers to ride the bench. Feeley is still young so its not like Brunell or Gannon where they can start for a couple years and retire and then Rivers can take over. As heartbroken as I am I think the Dolphins are not looking to draft a QB with their #20 pick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: River's stock is rocketing...

All the blocking in the world isn't going to help if your QB isn't good enough, and I hope that Feeley is. All it will take is two FA signings on OL to be formidable. You can't plug every hole in one offseason. And also, it's much easier to find a good WR than a good QB.

Man please...it would be silly to think Miami can just stay focused on using top picks on QBs when they have already addressed that issue and have more glaring needs.
They obviously believe Feeley is good enough. Just because you don't really doesn't matter to them.

I hope the FO won't stop here with A.J. Feeley. As we all know he's unproven. We did the same thing with Jay Fiedler, and look how that turned out.

If you look at it, this was the best option available right now. Even if we got Henson, he wouldn't be ready for next season. Our 1st choice is gone only because the Skins were dumb enough to give him a pot of gold, and Ramsey isn't available.

You also have to understand why they made this trade. If they waited after March 3, they could've got caught with their pants down if they wanted to sign AJ later. Then, they'd have to give up a first. Who else is available? Garcia? No, thanks. QBs always seem to look good in SF. Kurt Warner? When he wakes up from his concussions, we'll think about it. Who does that leave? Kordell Stewart? Rich Gannon?

And don't even say we should've brought Jay back. Puleeaase. It's obvious that he regressed last year. So basically, if the Phins draft Rivers, then this whole thing makes sense. They would have went with the best FA QB available, and drafted a young one to groom.

954, I would love to still draft Rivers. However, i just can not find it in my heart to think that will happen. If we traded a late rnd pick for feely, it may be different. We could have tendered Sage to do pretty much the same thing for alot cheaper. But what we're giving up for Feely doesn't exactly tell me that he's just going to be a backup.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: River's stock is rocketing...

Originally posted by Superself

Man please...it would be silly to think Miami can just stay focused on using top picks on QBs when they have already addressed that issue and have more glaring needs.
They obviously believe Feeley is good enough. Just because you don't really doesn't matter to them.
Of course I realize that my opinion doesn't mean squat. I'm not trying to be a "know it all" or anything, just my opinion. They've watched more film on him than I probably ever will, so I know I'm the amateur.

Back
Top Bottom