Things to ponder heading into next season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things to ponder heading into next season

the biggest knock on us is that the defense is a different animal

on the road... the best d in the league @ home....

we need home field...... no matter what we got to win on the road..

especially buffalo and new york(meadowlands)..

No 39, not off topic.

You directed us to Kirwan's article where he was saying teams with the leading rushers in their division didn't make the playoffs... along with the second half stats of teams who did an did not.

I was saying that just because you have a leading running game, it isn't a factor in keeping you from the playoffs.

Originally posted by BillsCAfan
The difference this year is that his backup is more intimidating to him than in the past. Lucas was never really a threat and everybody knew that. He only played well in New York, and never had a good showing anytime later. Unlike Lucas, Griese has starting experience and was brought in to compete with Fiedler rather to back him up IMO. Jay might have put up with crap in the past, but this year is the season that a worthy QB sits behind him that can and will take over if he f's up. This wasn't the case in previous years. Thats the difference.

And the fans could change a lot of things...maybe not practically, but mentally it would be devastating for any player to know that the fans he is playing for, are the same fans that would rather have his backup playing. Without fans this game would be nothing. Most players love the fans and the attention and want to be liked, that is really important for them. Just look at Takeo and the Bills. Last season when we played the Bengals our fans cheered for him everytime and supported him, cuz we knew it was gonna come down to him deciding to sign or not, and after he did, he came out publically and said that the fans made a huge difference in his decision to play in Buffalo. So in conclusion, fan influence does make a huge difference, and if you don't believe that, you're in denial.

Wrong. Last season, everyone was viewing Lucas the same way you are viewing Griese. He was a "worthy QB" with "starting experience". The fans wanted Lucas starting, and they made it clear. He didn't buckle last season. I doubt he buckles this season. For the record, I have personal experience as to how fans can influence the game. I play college football. During the game, the fans can make a huge difference, but how much depends on the player. If a QB is weak-minded, he is going to hear those boos and quit on the team. If a QB is strong of mind, not unlike Jay, they ignore it or feed off of it. A good example of this is the Oakland game 2 seasons ago......

DAVE IS ADAMIT ABOUT JAY STARTING...

HE HAS SENIORITY ON THE TEAM ... DESERVES FIRST SHOT AND A FULL SHOT... IF HE FAILS OR IS INJURED THEN ALL THESE QUESTIONS COME UP..... THEN AND ONLY THEN SHOULD IT BE A CONTROVERSY...

LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I AM CURIOUS TO SEE GRIESE PLAY....

JUST BE PATIENT... WE WILL SEE HIM PLAY THIS YEAR...

I like what Infin said about Jay's character in the fact that if Griese had to start that Fiedler would be his biggest supporter. Fiedler stuck by bonehead's side even though he was helping us lose alot of games. Fiedler getting hurt again? Like i said in an earlier thread, he put on weight to downsize some of the chance of becoming injured again. (Fingers and legs are understandable) Jay is like a warrior preparing for battle. This is a good thing.

The problem I foresee is if Fiedler is injured and Griese runs the O as well as, or better than, Jay. When Jay returns, who will be the starter then? That is where we might have a controversy.

Originally posted by Scotphin
The problem I foresee is if Fiedler is injured and Griese runs the O as well as, or better than, Jay. When Jay returns, who will be the starter then? That is where we might have a controversy.
not if we were doing well with Fiedler. Fiedler will be the starter unless he sucks it up throwing multiple INTs per game for several games in a row

................................................................................................

I THINK MAY THE BEST MAN LEAD THIS TEAM.....

FIEDLER IF HE STAYS HOT ALL YEAR, HE IS THE MAN BUT HE NEEDS A BETTER GAME PERFORMANCE INSIDE OUR 20 YARD LINE...

BUT IF GRIESE GETS IN THERE AND SUCCEEDS, OUT PERFORMS JAY
YOU HAVE TO GO WITH THE HOT HAND....

Back
Top Bottom