Things to ponder heading into next season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things to ponder heading into next season

Back to what 39 was posting, teams that finish good will start the next year with better momentum? What happened to the fins was a travesty considering we had RW tearing up the field. But the momentum thing I disagree. That's like saying the Raiders or Bucs will repeat what they did last year! Or, the Patsees will go 10-0 because they finished the year 9-7. Something is wrong here.

True Fins fans are going to be behind Fiedler if he's the starter. I don't particularly care for Mark Royals. I wanted the Fins to sign another punter in the offseason. However, when Royals punts I want him to punt his a** off. If you're a true Fins fan you'll root for whoever the coaches pick to do a good job.

Keep trying Bills fans.

As far as the momentum thing goes, it can be either way, just not in the middle. A good finish will keep players hopeful for better things, a horrible finish will motivate players to wash that bad taste out of their mouths and keep better focus.

--------------------------------------------------------------

the last three season in a row...

time to end the season on a high note......

worst still is the thrashing in jaxsonville 66-3 ......

jj out , fine... to end marino's careet, sucked ...

last year in the patriot game, it felt like the rug

was pulled out... we thought we were in the playoffs, we lose

and the jets snuck in.... just felt kinda numb....

Originally posted by BuffalosBoy
Us Bills fans have heard that already with Flutie and Johnson. Wanny says Fiedler the starter, but as soon as he throws a INT the fans will be screaming for Griese.

QB Controversies tear teams apart, it will happen, and when you finish 7-9 because of it......I'll be laughin watching the Bills play in the playoffs.
Speaking of Playoffs, I was wondering if Doug Flutie ever got Trace Armstrong's face impression out of the side of his head from your last playoff game 3-4 years ago?

.........................................................................................

what would make me happy?

be undefeated vs..the bills, jets and patriots

this year... we could lose 5 other games but win

against the beast of the east...................................................

Fans make a huge difference in the mentality of the QB who is playing, regardless of how much faith the coaching staff has in him. Just look at what happened with Couch. Davis was set on couch and even though Holocomb played better, Couch started when he came back, and got booed.

The fans booing you on your own home field is much much worse than your coaches not having faith in you, and if the fans get heated, they will get to Fiedler mentally. Anotehr example of that is Rob Johnson....who hated playing in Buffalo because no one wanted him there, except the GM and the coach, which obviously didn't change his mentality.

Jay has put up with that garbage for 3 seasons now. Why would that finally get to him this season? It just doesn't make sense. As much as everyone wants to believe there is a QB controversy, there simply isn't. The fans CAN'T change that......

The difference this year is that his backup is more intimidating to him than in the past. Lucas was never really a threat and everybody knew that. He only played well in New York, and never had a good showing anytime later. Unlike Lucas, Griese has starting experience and was brought in to compete with Fiedler rather to back him up IMO. Jay might have put up with crap in the past, but this year is the season that a worthy QB sits behind him that can and will take over if he f's up. This wasn't the case in previous years. Thats the difference.

And the fans could change a lot of things...maybe not practically, but mentally it would be devastating for any player to know that the fans he is playing for, are the same fans that would rather have his backup playing. Without fans this game would be nothing. Most players love the fans and the attention and want to be liked, that is really important for them. Just look at Takeo and the Bills. Last season when we played the Bengals our fans cheered for him everytime and supported him, cuz we knew it was gonna come down to him deciding to sign or not, and after he did, he came out publically and said that the fans made a huge difference in his decision to play in Buffalo. So in conclusion, fan influence does make a huge difference, and if you don't believe that, you're in denial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay Fiedler is a stand up guy. I'm sure he has plans of making the fans forget about Griese on the bench, however, if he doesn't play well and he does lose his starting job to Griese, I garauntee that there won't be a bigger Griese fan than number 9. That's just the kind of guy Jay is.

Kirwan's article is interesting however I can't buy into his theory.

While this is hindsight, here's my opinion:
Had Lucas did what he was supposed to do, that is, just be caretaker
of the ball instead of trying to win games single handedly, the Phins would have won probably no less than two of those games (only needed one).

Even with the neuro melt down of coaches and players in the last two games, the Phins are in the playoffs with the league's leading rusher and Jason Taylor is defensive MVP. So why does having the leading rusher keep you out of the playoffs? Terrell Davis anyone?

There's also other factors that keep you out of the post season.
Like untimely injuries to key players down the stretch, blown assignments, shanked punts (hee hee), etc. Having an effective running game is not the reason teams fail to make the playoffs.

I agree with the comment about Royals. The punter's only job is to kick the ball for favorable field position; to bail out the offense after they go nowhere, and try and pin the other team deep. Royals could not get it done when he was needed most. I was very suprised when he was resigned, however, if he's our punter then I wish him the best (just better put some B***s behind his foot!).

Nice quote from Lenny P.

related to D Bo
The knee injury was not yet been announced by the Dolphins organization, which has done virtually everything right in an attempt to construct a roster that might avoid the catastrophic collapses of the last two seasons.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1576967.html

:yes:

except for the words "virtually" and "might"

Back
Top Bottom