Think of this!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think of this!!!!!

goochesdolphins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You kno i have heard alot of guys bad mouth Feidler, sayin hes not good enough, when hes won us so many games, and has had qb ratings of 85 and 80 2 years ago. And Greaise, sayin that he wasnt the answer, when he had a probowl season not to long ago. And now im hearin some sayin Brunell gets hurt to much when he has started all of his games till last year. Now even Henson and Ramson are gettin that thereto young or been out of football to long. Well i think any of those qb's up there could win us the super bowl. WE JUST NEED ALINE MORE THAN ANYTHING.Why did Feidler get hurt, cause theline sucked, why did Greasie fumble and never throw, he didnt have a line. Dont bad mouth a qb, when theres nothin they can do about it. If we get Brunell, henson, or ramsy, PROTECT THEM and maimi will be just fine:)

Fiedler got hurt because all told he has spent only 1 season major injury free since he became a starter for the dolphins.

2001 was the only healthy year he had and even that one I think he had like hip surgery or somethin prior to the season.

Ya know just because a guy doesn't miss a game even though he's injured, doesn't make him a healthy player. In 2000 Fiedler only missed like what 1 game but it was by no means a healthy year as he separated both shoulders and tore a rotator cuff in his non-throwing shoulder. Sure admire his toughness but lets not forget either about how aweful he played after the injury as he lost us a couple of games (Tampa Bay) and did his best to lose other important ones (Indy playoff game circa 2000). Brunell is very similar like that though he may make it through a lot of games over the course of his career but he does get injured and play through the pain but the injury affects his play. Thats whats been happening to him the last couple of seasons and this time around it cost him his job. The same thing was said about Griese in Denver as he came here...he's injury prone. The other thing is Griese has not been the same since some of his injuries.

Just cuz a guy was a pro bowler a few years ago dont mean he'll be a pro bowler again. We can sign Nate Newton out of retirement (if they release him from jail) but that dont make him a good football player.

Ramsey got injured in Washington because he was getting killed, you could see it if you watched the games. Fiedler didn't get injured cuz he was gettin killed. On the contrary he's actually pretty good at escaping pressure.

How many times do we have to say it before this year we have had a decent line an Fiedler still did not get the job done. That is the easy way out to blame a line all the time for the qb's play. Fiedler has'nt been bad but we all know that Fiedler is not going to win us a SB unless he really plays well or stays from being injured.

All of you act as if Fiedler was pressure EVERY single snap.. He wasn't and he still continued to overthrow, underthrow and miss receivers.. The Giants game was a big example of it.. The Jags game too..

He's a rollercoaster and frankly his negative games outweigh his positives.. Fiedler is done with Miami for all I'm concerned..

I'm tire of all this pro and anti Fiedler threads.Let just concentrate on the draft and get off Jay topic FOR once.

Right I think the main point of this thread was that it doesn't matter what QB we have if the OL isn't helped out....many people have said the same thing.

For myself, I tend to think that a good runner can improve an offensive line's run blocking, and a good QB can improve an offensive line's pass blocking. Good QBs and good RBs can make an OL look good.

Currently what I think we should do is spend lots of $$$ in free agency on the OL and maybe a bit to maintain the defense's edge, but do not worry about WR or QB much if at all. You're not gonna be able to help the OL in the draft much, not with the #20 pick and no second rounder. Even if they are studs likely they won't be All-Pros as rookies. Same at WR. Even rookie first round WRs, they don't make much of an impact in their first years. Everyone has this vision of Mike Clayton or Mike Jenkins comin in and lighting the NFL on fire in their rookie years. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Probably the only two guys in this draft that can come in and do that are Larry Fitzgerald and maybe Roy Williams. Mike Clayton needs a LOT of polish because he's only been a WR exclusively now for like almost 2 years. Jenkins looks impressive but the key to making a good WR is limiting them as rookies and using them in situations where their talents can shine. Thats what we did with Chambers, we sent him on a bunch of go routes and gave him a bunch of jump balls. He's fast and he jumps high, so go figure he lit it up. Then we wondered why he suffered a sophomore slump when we expected him to play like a starter and run all the routes.

So to me it makes sense to use the draft to get a QB (whether it be Henson, Rivers, or even a trade for Ramsey), use FA to get OL help, and bank on a guy like Sullivan helping out our WR corp to produce better. IF we get our QB situation dealt with while maintaining our first round pick (be it due to Ogunleye, or cuz we got Henson or Ramsey) then ya gotta go get one of those quality WRs in the draft the supply is just too good.

Yeah its true about fiedler or whoever needs an oline, but look at tom brady he didnt have a great oline and he stilled managed to make things happen and win the superbowl, so i say that the quaterback position is more important than the oline.

The point he was making was, the OL should be the top priority.

I hope to see the O-line addressed in free agency. I don't want to see the rookie growing pains on the O-line.A QB in first round is what I'd like to see.

I won't even talk about Fiedler anymore. As far as I'm concerned if he's released tomorrow it's a month too late. Let's get a deal done with Ramsey or Henson.

Back
Top Bottom