Think of this!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think of this!!!!!

Originally posted by dolfan34
Yeah its true about fiedler or whoever needs an oline, but look at tom brady he didnt have a great oline and he stilled managed to make things happen and win the superbowl, so i say that the quaterback position is more important than the oline.

Two totally different offensive systems. If Brady would have been down here with this system behind this OL he would have made Jay look like a all star. Brady is less mobile than BG and we saw how that went. In the NE offense they have quick reads and get rid of the ball instantly. If we played that style our OL would not be an issue either. The only problem is it is hard to get a running game going out of that.
I'm not saying Jay is as good as Brady by no means. He isn't, but to compare Jays season to Brady's b/c they both had bad OLs is not fair.

i would not be against fiedler restructuring for a one/two year deal where it gives us lots of dough to spend and he relinquishes the starting job by midseason to PHILLIP RIVERS!

Do not underestimate the Patriots OL. They are one of the best groups in the league. See how they beat up the Panthers DL.....WITHOUT their best lineman (Damien Woody)?? None of Miami's five starters is better than New England's five starters man-to-man. They are flat out better than us.

And Brady most certainly is more mobile than Griese, both in and out of the pocket. He's one of the best at buying time in the pocket and hanging tough. And while he'd certainly have trouble with our OL "protecting" him (who wouldn't), you have to think that he still would have made far more plays with his arm than either of our guys did.

Originally posted by goochesdolphins
You kno i have heard alot of guys bad mouth Feidler, sayin hes not good enough, when hes won us so many games, and has had qb ratings of 85 and 80 2 years ago. And Greaise, sayin that he wasnt the answer, when he had a probowl season not to long ago. And now im hearin some sayin Brunell gets hurt to much when he has started all of his games till last year. Now even Henson and Ramson are gettin that thereto young or been out of football to long. Well i think any of those qb's up there could win us the super bowl. WE JUST NEED ALINE MORE THAN ANYTHING.Why did Feidler get hurt, cause theline sucked, why did Greasie fumble and never throw, he didnt have a line. Dont bad mouth a qb, when theres nothin they can do about it. If we get Brunell, henson, or ramsy, PROTECT THEM and maimi will be just fine:)

I completelt agree with you Muck. The main problem here is how much money we have invested in our 2 top QBs at the current time. If we drop them both we would be below the 10 million we need to make up to be under the cap. We can't go after a big name OT untill we get rid of those 2 guys. If we take a current back up at QB or a rookie as out starter than we can probably spend the league minimum as far as this years cap goes for this year, and fix our other problems. It would be hard to get worse at the QB postion, so why not get another cheap mediocre guy or a rookie and give them a great supporting cast. You add a huge LT and WR along with our D and Ricky, CC, and MicMichael, and I would like our chances. Well not really because what ever team this coaching staff fields I think they can make losers out of them, but I would feel better at least.

What makes Dolfan34 think New England's oline isnt good. They didnt allow a sack all playoffs. The comparison of Brady not playing behind a very good line either is such a dumb baseless statement.

I think we can all agree that the OLine was weak this year. But, we have had more than one season to evaluate Jay Fiedler. People on this board know that I am not a Jay basher. I even have a Jay Fiedler bobble head doll.

But, lets stop fooling ourselves. The guy is just not that great a QB. He'd make a wonderful backup, but its not happening. There is a real feeling of failure and lack of belief on this team and its not all Jay's fault, but there needs to be a change. If only to convince the team that their is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Personally, I would gamble on a guy like Henson. Maybe he busts. But, unless we have a 2-3 win season, when are we going to get a shot at a guy with that kind of talent again. Otherwise we just spend our days putting in guys like Jay. Yeah, they are tough and play hard. But, talent wins.

Originally posted by minus
I'm tire of all this pro and anti Fiedler threads.Let just concentrate on the draft and get off Jay topic FOR once.

People could post whatever they want really, as long as it's Dolphins related and in the right forum. If it's such a bother for you.. why waste more time posting?

Also, it wouldn't make much sense to JUST concentrate on the draft, when free agency and the "Jay decisions" will likely come first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at what the colts are willing to do to keep manning....

Colts | $5.9M Freed On Cap - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:11:35 -0800

Updating previous reports, the Indianapolis Star reports six Indianapolis Colts players have agreed to restructure the 2004 portion of their contracts, providing the Colts with about $5.9 million of relief against the Colts' 2004 salary cap. Colts OT Tarik Glenn, C Jeff Saturday, TE Marcus Pollard, DT Montae Reagor, PK Mike Vanderjagt and WR Reggie Wayne. In each instance, the player agreed to have his 2004 base salary reduced, with the difference being made up in a signing bonus. The new signing bonus can be pro-rated over the life of the player's contract, which lessens his hit against the '04 cap.

If we could get all of our guys on D to do that, we could have a heck of a team. Sign a good QB and Oline..

Back
Top Bottom