This Afternoons Training Camp, Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Afternoons Training Camp, Offense

I think Thompson and McKnight are splitting 1st team reps, as I saw McKnight line up with the #1's frequently.

Also, could Griese's prolonged holding of the ball in the pocket be a case of just not being completely familiar with the offense?? I think it has to have at least a small affect.

Originally posted by minus
I also attended after noon session and I would like to add something since Ozzy did a great jon typing the report.

I notice that Darius Thompson not Mcknight is working out with the first unit so could this be indication?

Like Ozzy said Jay is looking very sharp and throwing the ball with nice velocity.Jay makes quick desicion and doesn't hold on to the ball too long.

One thing I don't like about Griese is that he holds on to the ball too long which causes him to get in trouble(Now I know why he gets sack so many times).He try to Scramble on one play but it was like he was peeling out and didn't get no where.It was funny watching him try to scramble since some guy made the comparison to a car.I have to agree about Griese having great touch on his passes but arm strength is below Fiedler.

Sage didn't get many reps but look good in individual workouts.

Lon Sherif might be worth keeping in the development squad.

Jamar Fletcher is doing well and he line up in the nickel package a couple of times.Brian Griese never threw to Fletcher side after the INT.

Buckley is not doing so well and in one play FAT Gadsen had 2 step on Buckley but Griese didn't put enough on the throw.

Chamber and McMicheal were Jay Fiedler favorite targets today and both did really well.

The play of day in my opinion was:

Kendall Newsom adjusting to the ball that was underthrown and diving for the ball(Sage was QB).

Rookie DT Davern williams moves like a DE and is surprising for a man of his size.I really think this guy has potential to be stud DT.

Very good look from someone elses eyes. I did not even know that was Newsome who made that catch. That makes three nice catched he made then.

Also check out the first team once then check them the next time they line up. Your absolutely right that DT worked first team. But the second time the first team went on the field it was McKnight.

Same thing on Defense. Knight was first with the firsts, then Auturo ......

Working one then the other, and may the best men win.

Muck you come down from Tampa to watch practice?Damn now that a die hard fan ...

Well, I got nothing else important to do right now. And my family lives about 70 miles north of Davie. So it ain't so bad. :) Luckily(?), something important came up here and I needed to come down anyway.

Originally posted by zonk39
Ozzy you going Monday? Am or PM?

The Evening Session for sure. 50 yard line up against the top wall.

Of course you and I know each other Robert, but for those interested in meeting people from here.....

It's pretty simple folks, I had Muck and CrazyD sitting right behind me for a little bit until I overherd the word Finheaven. Thats the hardest part, so if your with someone every once in a while mention the board :D

Yah the WR's are splitting reps according to the papers. Since we got 4 WR's with 50+ catches they said they would split them between Jay and Brian.

The only thing that is worrying me is that they are taking advantage of the fact that Zach's one of the best aware run tackling LB's in the league but poor in coverage. I really hope they come up with a way to stop other teams from abusing that in the regular season since they are fine with showing that off in camp right now about his coverage.

Well thats a great report. You guys who live in or near Miami are lucky, you guys hear about the Dolphins all the time during the offseason. If it wasnt for this site and these great posts I wouldn't hear anything about the progress of our team until next year. This is my first year with this much offseason info and it has made the offseason somewhat bareable haha. Also, what does "IMO" mean?

Zach is not bad in coverage. Not bad at all. It's just that teams with speedy backs like Charlie Garner are trying to find ways to get a matchup with Zach. And when you're stuck covering a streaking Chris Chambers (like today), you and every other LB in the league are toast. Conversely, Zach had no trouble with Robert Edwards, as he could have crushed him at one point.

IMO = In My Opinion

Thanks guys, that what I thought it was but wasn't sure because of the way some people used it.

Yeah Muck is right.Actually Zach is consider one of the best coverage LB in the NFL(Alot annylist give him props).Is just like Muck pointed out that speedbacks take advantage of Zach speed.

thanks for the report Ozzy. I wish the 3 rookies were there cos I wanna know how they do.

Ozzy rules!!

Excellent report Ozzy. Thanks. I'm so jonesing for football right now - anything will do.

Thanks for the reports guys its nice here about real action you are saviors to us out of state fin fans. But it does make me a bit jelous and resentful though that i am not floridian.

Back
Top Bottom