This cant be good for the Pats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This cant be good for the Pats

So you mean to tell me, that through ALL the practices in training camp, all the workouts, all the practices during the season and all the hard work the players put it isn't earned because of a camera? CAMERAS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LOL @ you.

Yeah the coaches played dirty but who doesn't. The players earned the right to be called Champions.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-08-08-goodell-commissioner_x.htm

There you go--a link to one of the articles announcing his appointment. Kraft was one of the main owners on the search committee and is quoted several times in the article singing Roger G's praises. It was well-known at the time that Goodell was the "big market" owners' choice (led by their Grand Poobah, Krafty Bob). Roger has ever since been carrying the Pats* water faithfully.....
Oh that link, the one that opens with a picture of Tagliabue handing a ball to Goodell, signaling "handing over the reigns" so to speak, and in that picture are other guys. Jerry Richardson (CAR owner) and Dan Rooney (PIT owner) and Robert Kraft.

Oh wait, Kraft isn't there.

But I see here it is, where Kraft is the one who told Goodell he was getting the job.

Oh wait, that wasn't Kraft. It was Rooney.

I must've missed it, as I read further I see where Kraft is the one who told Levy he wasn't getting the job.

Oh wait, that wasn't Kraft, either. It was Richardson.

I finally see him quoted. After John Mara, Al Davis, Pat Bowlen, Carmen Policy, Jim Irsay, some former Jets PR director, Matt Millen, and another story by Policy. Then Kraft is quoted as saying him getting the job is like him buying the Patriots. But the article goes on. It talks about how the owners wanted an inside man, and the committee was headed by Richardson and Rooney. Then Kraft comes up again, talking about how OF THE NEW OWNERS, he's one of the most influential. That was only his second quote of the article, for the record.

And that's about it from that article. So please, as I asked, show me where it says Robert Kraft got Goodell the job.

There was a point in time back when this spying incident first came to light when I wondered, too about the relationship between Kraft and Goodell. I did a little reading and this is what I found.
intern to COO

Goodell's career in the NFL began in 1982 as an administrative intern in the league office in New York under then-Commissioner Pete Rozelle - a position secured through an extensive letter-writing campaign to the league office and each of its then 28 teams. In 1983, he joined the New York Jets as an intern, but returned to the league office in 1984 as an assistant in the public relations department.
In 1987, Goodell was appointed assistant to the president of the American Football Conference (Lamar Hunt), and under the tutelage of Commissioner Paul Tagliabue filled a variety of football and business operations roles, culminating with his appointment as the NFL's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in December 2001.
As the NFL's COO, Goodell took responsibility for the league's football operations and officiating, as well as supervised league business functions. He headed NFL Ventures, which oversees the league's business units, including media properties, marketing and sales, stadium development and strategic planning.
Goodell was heavily involved in the negotiation of the league's current collective bargaining agreement. He had worked extensively with Tagliabue since the latter became commissioner in 1989.[4] He has played an extensive role in league expansion, realignment, and stadium development, including the launch of the NFL Network and securing new television agreements as well as the latest collective bargaining agreement with the National Football League Players Association.

NFL commissioner

Goodell's selection as Commissioner following the retirement of Paul Tagliabue came as no surprise, but it was not a fait accompli. Tagliabue initiated a substantive, wide ranging search for his successor, appointing a committee headed by owners Jerry Richardson of the Carolina Panthers and Dan Rooney of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Goodell was one of five finalists, joining Gregg Levy, Frederick Nance, Robert Reynolds, and Mayo Shattuck III. With 22 votes from the owners being needed to make a choice, Goodell, who oddsmakers had installed as a prohibitive 2:5 favorite to be selected, only garnered 15 votes to Levy's 13, with three votes scattered among the other candidates and the Oakland Raiders abstaining.
On the second and third ballots, Goodell and Levy were the only candidates to receive votes (Goodell 17, Levy 14). Goodell increased his lead to 21-10 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority.[3] The Oakland Raiders abstained from the voting in each round.
Goodell was chosen on August 8, 2006, to succeed Paul Tagliabue and assumed office on September 1—the date Tagliabue set to leave office.

So what I found out is that Goodell got his start with the Jets and he was seemingly the most qualified for the job.

Its obvious that poster is a very angry bills fan. He's knee deep in conspiracy theories when it comes to anything NE related. He seems to think that Kraft and Belichick control Goodell, the league and even the press. I think he might even believe they control the weather too.

Yeah the coaches played dirty but who doesn't. The players earned the right to be called Champions.

How do you know the players didn't know BB and staff were cheating? You don't, it's not like the integrity with that entire organization is beyond question. In fact it's just the opposite. The cheating has taken any credibility with that team and tossed it out the window. The amount of cheating that team has done since the arrival of BB is staggering. The BB Cheatriots will always be known as a "team" that didn't earn a damn thing.

See as a Pat fan you can try to hide behind Roger Goodells desire to protect the NFL, but everyone else who's not a Pat fan knows what really happened in NE. They cheated, plain and simple. Now Pat fans are making every excuse they can to salvage their teams rep. Problem is Pat fans are the only ones who believe the Pats have an ounce of integrity. So hang on to that for all it's worth, but don't expect anyone else to.

How do you know the players didn't know BB and staff were cheating? You don't, it's not like the integrity with that entire organization is beyond question. In fact it's just the opposite. The cheating has taken any credibility with that team and tossed it out the window. The amount of cheating that team has done since the arrival of BB is staggering. The BB Cheatriots will always be known as a "team" that didn't earn a damn thing.

See as a Pat fan you can try to hide behind Roger Goodells desire to protect the NFL, but everyone else who's not a Pat fan knows what really happened in NE. They cheated, plain and simple. Now Pat fans are making every excuse they can to salvage their teams rep. Problem is Pat fans are the only ones who believe the Pats have an ounce of integrity. So hang on to that for all it's worth, but don't expect anyone else to.

Don't forget the cheerleaders Good possibility they were in on it too.

:sidelol:

Don't forget the cheerleaders Good possibility they were in on it too.

:sidelol:

you laugh it off, but you are on here all day every day kicking and screaming and stamping your little feet and holding your breath till you turn blue trying to defend the team that you hold so dear (since 2001)....

honest question here...Have you accepted the fact that for as long as the NFL is around, anytime the Patriots Spynasty of the 2000-2010 era is mentioned, it will go hand in hand with a huge cheating scandal that has cast complete doubt over every one of their achievments?

clear.gif

you laugh it off, but you are on here all day every day kicking and screaming and stamping your little feet and holding your breath till you turn blue trying to defend the team that you hold so dear (since 2001)....

honest question here...Have you accepted the fact that for as long as the NFL is around, anytime the Patriots Spynasty of the 2000-2010 era is mentioned, it will go hand in hand with a huge cheating scandal that has cast complete doubt over every one of their achievments?

The only thing Pat fans want to remember is a world where their team is respected for their "*huge achievements" . Unfortunately for them, there is no such thing . But that's not their teams fault, it's everyone else!!

Or they don't want evidence of the Jets and any other teams cheating getting out as well. I understand Robert Kraft is very influential, some argue the most powerful owner in the league but definitely top 2 or 3, but why would Goodell screw over the other owners in the league - whom he ultimately works for - for one guy?

Woot I respect that you defend your teams actions and stand by them. I do however wonder if the shoe's were revers and your team was victim to unfair play against you, if you would still hold this same mantra of everyone else is doing it too so that makes it fair.

I really think its insignificant who Godell is trying to protect. He is obstructing the truth. This is the issue. Frankly if this was the Dolphins in the middle of this mess I would be still calling for Godells head and wanting the truth to come out no matter how it would fare for my team and depending on the facts I might even walk away from them as a fan.

Personally if it comes out that everyone is flagarantly cheating and the NFL as a whole is covering it up I may wealk from football as a whole.

This is shamefull and your defenses of it are shamefull. IMO

Not trying to insult you, just think not looking at the big picture. It's unfolding to be an ugly picture at this point.

Personally Im still pissed at the Dolphins for using the illeagle video tape of the patriots that a fan sent to them, maybe they did not break the rules but they certainly violated the spirit of them and I as a Dolphin Fan am ashamed of my team in regaurds to that particular incident and dont count it as victory.

perhaps we did it because saban KNOWS Bill's tactics, and used a similar form of it against them....we shut them out 21-0 with the information we had. imo, that shows how potent it CAN be...

perhaps we did it because saban KNOWS Bill's tactics, and used a similar form of it against them....we shut them out 21-0 with the information we had. imo, that shows how potent it CAN be...

Yeah maybe they got beat at their own game. Some might argue BB didnt employ the tactics because he and Saban are friends. So maybe the playing field was level for that shalacking.

How do you know the players didn't know BB and staff were cheating?

So all the guys they lost in free agency, were traded or just cut over all the Dynasty years are just keeping quiet? lol

The Pats won, they were the best team in the league for years. There is no arguing that. Get over it.

The Pats could tell every team in the league what play they were going to run on every down and it still wouldn't matter because if you can't get to Brady he's gonna complete the pass. No-one is able to cover Moss and no-one can stop Welker from grabbing everything that's thrown to him over the middle.

You can cry all you want but the Patriots owned the league for years and it wasn't because of videotaping, they may lose a step this season but they are still the most dangerous team in the league.

Woot I respect that you defend your teams actions and stand by them. I do however wonder if the shoe's were revers and your team was victim to unfair play against you, if you would still hold this same mantra of everyone else is doing it too so that makes it fair.

I really think its insignificant who Godell is trying to protect. He is obstructing the truth. This is the issue. Frankly if this was the Dolphins in the middle of this mess I would be still calling for Godells head and wanting the truth to come out no matter how it would fare for my team and depending on the facts I might even walk away from them as a fan.

Personally if it comes out that everyone is flagarantly cheating and the NFL as a whole is covering it up I may wealk from football as a whole.

This is shamefull and your defenses of it are shamefull. IMO

Not trying to insult you, just think not looking at the big picture. It's unfolding to be an ugly picture at this point.

Personally Im still pissed at the Dolphins for using the illeagle video tape of the patriots that a fan sent to them, maybe they did not break the rules but they certainly violated the spirit of them and I as a Dolphin Fan am ashamed of my team in regaurds to that particular incident and dont count it as victory.

How do you know Goodell hasn't told the truth and how will we ever know? Maybe you and I don't agree with him destroying the tapes but that doesn't mean he covered anything up.

I myself don't believe he did. I think he asked the Patriots to turn over any more tapes of defensive signals and I believe thats exactly what he recieved.
He met with Belichick who told him his understanding of the rule and that he had always interrupted the rule that way. I think Goodell felt the leagues image had suffered enough already by the leaked tape and wanted to make sure nothing else was leaked so he destroyed them. I think his silence was nothing more than what past commisioners have done. Review the infraction hand down the penality and move on. I think he felt he had told us all we needed to know.
The NFL is big business its franchises are their product and the fans are its customers. I don't know of any other business that airs their dirty laundry in the public. Why do we somehow feel that the NFL would or should?

Tell me what your thoughts are, Do you believe Goodell is covering something up? If you do what do you think he could be covering up?

You're so right. I think we should stop holding practices and stop gameplanning. The video tape will win the game for you, or in Miami's case the tape recorder.:up:

Back
Top Bottom