This cant be good for the Pats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This cant be good for the Pats

This article was probably posted since the date is Feb. 26th, but I don't think you read it:

Does Goodell want to know what Walsh has on tape?
"...Goodell had insisted that destroying the evidence in Spygate I before he’d even seen it wasn’t all that unusual. He sounded like he could move right into management with the LAPD."

"...He says he acted swiftly when the first charges were leveled at Bill Belichick for cheating, although we now have learned he acted so swiftly he fined Belichick four days before the Patriots produced the notes and tapes he sought. How do you punish someone before you know what he did?"

"...Goodell had his minions, including an attorney named Jeff Pash, who should have known better, destroy the evidence while they were in Foxborough, a move Goodell defends as “the right thing to do.†How is destroying evidence the right thing to do?"

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2008/borges2301.htm

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

This quote is from your article link of the Borges story:

Then, it turns out, Goodell had his minions, including an attorney named Jeff Pash, who should have known better, destroy the evidence while they were in Foxborough, a move Goodell defends as “the right thing to do.†How is destroying evidence the right thing to do?​

That action now calls into question the alleged “leaking†of a portion of one of those tapes to Fox-TV news maven Jay Glazer. At the time, Goodell was supposedly outraged, yet now we have learned that the tapes were destroyed by Pash and NFL vice president Ray Anderson while they were in Foxborough at the instruction of Goodell. What that means, if Goodell is to be believed, is that either the Patriots leaked it to make themselves look bad or Goodell’s office did it because if they destroyed the tapes in Foxborough, no one else would have ever had access to them.​

Typical Borges style.
Borges has twisted the leaked tape in with those tapes turned in later and destroyed in foxborough. The leaked tape was a portion of the tape from the Jets game in sept. not the tapes destroyed in Foxborough and he left out probably the most likely party of the leak, the NY jets. The jets tape supposedly traveled thru 3 hands. The pats video tape guy...the jets security and GM and then the league officals.​

What can you expect from a reporter who retired (fired) from the Boston Globe for plagiarism.
Boston Globe Suspends Ron Borges for Plagiarism

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/03/06/boston-globe-suspends-ron-borges-for-plagiarism/

It's also been reported now, that Belichick signed his little contract saying this is what he knew, and this is all he knew, and if anything else came up Goodell was going to punish him further and suspend him for a full year.

So really, he didn't NEED to see the tapes and information to fine Belichick, the organization, and take away the draft pick. That punishment was for being caught doing something the NFL specifically forbade and for what Belichick admitted he had done previously. If those notes and tapes produced by the Pats showed more than what Belichick had signed he admitted to - then Goodell would've suspended Belichick for a year.

So really, he did everything the right way.

So we have one Taintriots fan saying Goodell saw all of the evidence and then fined them, and another saying Goodell didn't see the tapes before he acted. Which is it?

Let me get this straight TomBradyWoot. Goodell decided to take the cheater at his word that he would be honest and turn over everything, ignoring the fact that it's the cheater's dishonesty that's at the forefront. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

How about not relying on what the offender says and do a REAL investigation. Goodell can send an ex-FBI agent to back check Walsh but don't want him anywhere near the Taintriot org? Please.

Hey nflfan Borges asked an all important question that all non-Taintriots fans ask with each passing day - "Does Goodell want to know what Walsh has on tape?" It doesn't matter what went on at Borges' former job plus, why should we care?

Specter's politics are not relevant to this scandal. Borges & Specter both can come to my house look me in the eye and spit on my floor, but how would that change what the cheater did, what Goodell did & didn't do and how your Spynasty will be viewed?

Always remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You like links how about these:

www. denial . com

www. deflect . com

www. divert . com

www. excuses . com

Real quick what do the fans of the 39 other SB winners have in common?

- They will never have to defend their teams trophies.

So we have one Taintriots fan saying Goodell saw all of the evidence and then fined them, and another saying Goodell didn't see the tapes before he acted. Which is it?

Let me get this straight TomBradyWoot. Goodell decided to take the cheater at his word that he would be honest and turn over everything, ignoring the fact that it's the cheater's dishonesty that's at the forefront. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

How about not relying on what the offender says and do a REAL investigation. Goodell can send an ex-FBI agent to back check Walsh but don't want him anywhere near the Taintriot org? Please.

Hey nflfan Borges asked an all important question that all non-Taintriots fans ask with each passing day - "Does Goodell want to know what Walsh has on tape?" It doesn't matter what went on at Borges' former job plus, why should we care?

Specter's politics are not relevant to this scandal. Borges & Specter both can come to my house look me in the eye and spit on my floor, but how would that change what the cheater did, what Goodell did & didn't do and how your Spynasty will be viewed?

Always remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You like links how about these:

www. denial . com

www. deflect . com

www. divert . com

www. excuses . com

Real quick what do the fans of the 39 other SB winners have in common?

- They will never have to defend their teams trophies.

Weak as usual.

Please, you already got ethered in several threads. This is just gravy. Keep wasting time on the periphery while us grown-ups in the real world debate the issues.

Specters politcs are very relevant to his whole argument. He States he needs to investigate this because of the nfls antitrust agreement but this doesn't violate that agreement. That is the only reason the goverment should get involved.
Specter has a clear history of trying to manipulate facts.
Borges steals someone elses work and passes it off as his own.

Then you try to pass off the BS line that.... none of that matters?

Remember you posted this
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

One thing folks who attack Specter conveniently forget is that he's not running for office, but retiring in 2010 after his term expires, thus all of this is not about "grandstanding to his base" to get more votes. I also think the Comcast stuff is way overblown as well, since as Specter noted, while they are indeed his largest donor, their donations plus those of their law firm (which I'm sure has other clients than Comcast that they're funneling money for there) still have only contributed in aggregate about $500,000 OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS to him and his campaign, which, by political standards, is not a ton. For ex., he's raised in aggregate at least $25 million over that time, making their combined donation less than 2% of his total (once again, for argument's sake crediting the full $200-300k that Comcast's firm gave him as Comcast money, which we know isn't completely the case).

I honestly believe that what it comes down to with him is that he's a disgruntled Eagles fan who is pissed off that they lost that SB to a team that potentially had an unfair advantage. He's kind of like an everyfan, except he's got the power to do something about it. Heck, I know if I were in his shoes, I'd be investigating the referees who've worked some of the Pats* games over the years and their financial transactions, along with Mike Pereira (the NFL's head of officials). Anyone who watched this year's Ravens game or the 2006 season opener against Buffalo know exactly what I mean.....

One thing folks who attack Specter conveniently forget is that he's not running for office, but retiring in 2010 after his term expires, thus all of this is not about "grandstanding to his base" to get more votes. I also think the Comcast stuff is way overblown as well, since as Specter noted, while they are indeed his largest donor, their donations plus those of their law firm (which I'm sure has other clients than Comcast that they're funneling money for there) still have only contributed in aggregate about $500,000 OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS to him and his campaign, which, by political standards, is not a ton. For ex., he's raised in aggregate at least $25 million over that time, making their combined donation less than 2% of his total (once again, for argument's sake crediting the full $200-300k that Comcast's firm gave him as Comcast money, which we know isn't completely the case).

What has him running for re-election have to do with this? He's primarily IN office because business such as comcast and their law firm shelled out hindreds of thousands of dollars to put him there and now you try and tell us they don't want some return on those contributions? Right well I've got a nice bridge to sell you then. It doesn't matter what his intentions are after 2010 were talking about 2008 and in 2008 he's clearly in a position to look after the hand that fed him. Is the senate judicary commitee a commitee of one? So where are the other members on this? The fact that Specter has those ties to comcast is reason enough that he should step away from this just for the sake of ethics. If some great injustice was done wouldn't some other member of the commitee be capable of finding that out?
This is a judicary commitee and any judge hearing a case with ties to a defendant such as specter has would quickly recuse himself from said case on the mere fact he's not imparcial in the matter. Have you ever been called to jury duty? If you are chosen to sit on a jury the judge will ask you if you know the defendant, if you know the defendants family or attorney or have any connection with any of them. Why do you suppose they hold juriors to that standard? Perhaps Specter has no other interest in this other than the integrity of the game then why not let someone else from that commitee fight this battle? I myself don't believe he's only interested in the integrity of the game. Both the senate and the house have too much history of greasing the palms of those who pony up with large campaign contributions and thats a fact thats been widely known for decades and he talks about integrity.

I don't believe the goverment has a place in this investigation period. Unless some federal law was broken here and there was no federal law or civil law broken they simply don't belong involved in this. I posted a link to the so called antitrust exemptions called the Football Broadcasting act of 1961 and it has nothing to do with the matter at hand. The fact that Specter uses that red herring itself to get involved reflects badly on his true intentions and his over all interest in this case.
He asked for an explaination from the commisioner which he received but he doesn't believe him and just as the senator has done in the past he will now try and manipulate witnesses to support his case, a case he doesn't even belong involved in. He did it on the warren commision and he did it with the Anitia Hill investigations.
I for one don't buy your expalination that he's just a big disgruntled eagles fan trying to find out if his team lost because of some unfair advantage. His team choked plain and simple. Nothing the Patriots did made Mcnabb blow chunks and the eagles ran that last 2 min offense down by 3 with no sense of urgency like they had another quarter left to play. Those things were obvious to anyone who watched the game so why doesn't he think those things played a huge part of their loss? Even Andy Reid and the Eagles FO don't believe that cheating was the reason they lost...so why isn't any of that testimony good enough for Specter? One reason comes to mind he's after something else and he grabs at anything he can to fan the flames. Defend him all you want but his history or underhanded manipulation has been documented in matters much bigger than this.

I honestly believe that what it comes down to with him is that he's a disgruntled Eagles fan who is pissed off that they lost that SB to a team that potentially had an unfair advantage. He's kind of like an everyfan, except he's got the power to do something about it. Heck, I know if I were in his shoes, I'd be investigating the referees who've worked some of the Pats* games over the years and their financial transactions, along with Mike Pereira (the NFL's head of officials). Anyone who watched this year's Ravens game or the 2006 season opener against Buffalo know exactly what I mean.....

Kind of like every fan? Yeah right.. I know when I want to attend a SB I just have my secretry call the league and have them send me over some free tickets...Don't you?
Did you watch the Patriots/Eagles SB on TV?
Didn't you wonder why with time winding down and the eagles down by 3 points they acted like they had all kinds of time? Even the announcers made light of the fact the Eagles dragged their feet during the two minute offense.
Down by three they certainly had a chance to win that game or at the very least tie it.
The accusations of the rams walk thru taping were made and Martz and warner stated they ran thru the red zone plays yet every time the rams actually made it into the red zone they scored. Well I guess NE must just be bad cheaters then.
Its easy to make accusations but the game tapes don't bear the friut of those accusations.
The Ravens game wasn't poor officiating. Every penality during the last drive was correct. Watson was mauled, Neil did leave before the snap, the ravens DC did signal time out and the Ravens players did melt down on the unsportsman like call. Its all on replay to be seen. The fact is the Ravens made mistakes and the biggest mistake is they played well for 58 minutes of a 60 minute game then they did some stupid things.

One last thing
I would also like to point out the opening day game in 06 patriots/bills on the first offensive play Spikes dam near ripped Brady's head off grabbing the face mask to cause the strip and bills first score which by the way is also on replay but it was a non call.... but I don't hear you complaining about that.

I don't believe the goverment has a place in this investigation period. Unless some federal law was broken here and there was no federal law or civil law broken they simply don't belong involved in this. I posted a link to the so called antitrust exemptions called the Football Broadcasting act of 1961 and it has nothing to do with the matter at hand. The fact that Specter uses that red herring itself to get involved reflects badly on his true intentions and his over all interest in this case.
He asked for an explaination from the commisioner which he received but he doesn't believe him and just as the senator has done in the past he will now try and manipulate witnesses to support his case, a case he doesn't even belong involved in. He did it on the warren commision and he did it with the Anitia Hill investigations.
I for one don't buy your expalination that he's just a big disgruntled eagles fan trying to find out if his team lost because of some unfair advantage. His team choked plain and simple. Nothing the Patriots did made Mcnabb blow chunks and the eagles ran that last 2 min offense down by 3 with no sense of urgency like they had another quarter left to play. Those things were obvious to anyone who watched the game so why doesn't he think those things played a huge part of their loss? Even Andy Reid and the Eagles FO don't believe that cheating was the reason they lost...so why isn't any of that testimony good enough for Specter? One reason comes to mind he's after something else and he grabs at anything he can to fan the flames. Defend him all you want but his history or underhanded manipulation has been documented in matters much bigger than this.

Of course you don't, you have so much to lose if Specter is right. Why not get off everyone who threatens your ability to trash talk and accept the possibility Specter could be right and Pat fans will have to move on post SB cheating NE.??

Seriously, there's already proof NE cheated they were fined heavily. Do you really expect everyone to ignore the possibility there's more? I'm really tired of NE fans acting like poor NE. BB is guilty as hell, the man is an obvious jerk. He always act's as if he's doing the world a favor by saying a word or two to the media. Every time he gets to mid field after a game "win or lose" he shoves people out of his way like nobody has a right to be on the field but him. It's no wonder 95% of the population want to see his *** crash and burn.

Here's a little fun reading for anyone interested in how everyone but NE fans feel about the cheatriots!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7902338/There-has-to-be-more-to-the-Spygate-story

Enjoy I know I did!!:hi5:

So let me see if have this correct?

1. Because Spector was on the Warren commision and accepts campagine donations from comcast and it`s lawyers, he is not crediable and we should not trust him.

2. Because Walsh was fired from the Pats, we should not trust him.

3. Because a reporter was accused of plagerisim we should trust him either.

But we should trust Roger Godell and the Patriots because they are telling us too.

Sorry but that is a really weak argument and looks more like a smear camphaign then an attempt to find the truth.

So let me see if have this correct?

Not exactly

1. Because Spector was on the Warren commision and accepts campagine donations from comcast and it`s lawyers, he is not crediable and we should not trust him.

Rather than waste my time reapeating what I've already posted I suggest you go back and actually look at the linlks included with my post.
Specifically "the truth about Arlen Specter" and The "Football Broadcasting Act of 1961" That is the antitrust exemption law that Specter uses to threaten the NFL with. Look at that law and see if you can find where it has been violated.
Read those two articles and then see if your statement about why you shouldn't trust Specter still looks right.

2. Because Walsh was fired from the Pats, we should not trust him.

Being fired is one thing but the fact that the guy is also a thief looking for blanket indemnity. Yes he wants to be able to tell his story with absolutely no legal repercussions what so ever even if he lies. We know the Patriots never had any confidentiality agreement with Walsh so why does this guy need the blanket indemnification? What else has this guy done that would require such sweeping protection? Don't any of these things even raise a question in your mind? They sure do mine.

3. Because a reporter was accused of plagerisim we should trust him either.

Accused? Well i guess theres another link I posted here you should read. Its a fact not an accusation, he stole someone elses work almost completely word for word. Do a simple google search on Ron Borges plagerism its well known.

But we should trust Roger Godell and the Patriots because they are telling us too.

You words not mine. I've said that the commisioner should hold Wlsh to a burden of reasonable proof and I stand by that. You can choose to trust who you want but I'm afraid there are no saints involved in this issue.

Sorry but that is a really weak argument and looks more like a smear camphaign then an attempt to find the truth.

I'm sorry but what I find weak is that you make these one sentence statements in light of the Links to the stories I've provided in this thread. Everything I posted in this thread is verifable and I did included links to the sources and you insinuate that I am just trying to smear those involved.

It is a fact that no part of the antitrust exemption was violated.
It is a fact that Specters two biggest campaign contributors are Comcast and their legal firm.
It's a fact that both senators and house of reps looks after the hand that feeds them.
If the law he uses as an excuse to involve himself wasn't violated along with no other federal or cival law then he has no business in this matter. It tends to show improper ethics when your A** is tied to a company thats been involved in a well known legal battle with the league. At the very least he should have had another member handle this and stepped aside just because of his apparent appearence of a conflict of interest, any judge would have certainly done that. This all is a kick in the pants to his true intentions and his crediablity and it sure looks dirty.

I quote Itsdahumidity
"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......"

I suppose your ducks must be different huh?

You still yapping?

Rather than waste my time reapeating what I've already posted

Don't you mean our time? I think we all know you can't stop repeating.

MR NFLFAN said:
I quote Itsdahumidity
"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......"

I suppose your ducks must be different huh?

Using my quote again? Damn, I'm embarrassed for you - for your lack of creativity.

SPECTER TO LIMBAUGH: “THERE WAS FILMINGâ€

Specter: “Walsh’s lawyer let me see them on a promise of confidentiality, and I believe an objective and fair reading of those letters is that the NFL is discouraging Walsh from coming forward."

"...they’re going to have to show those letters — and when they do, they’re going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.â€

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Honest Arlen a man after the truth :sidelol:

Jean Hill to Arlen specter
"I asked him, 'Look, do you want the truth or just what you want me to say?" He said he wanted the truth, so I said, "The truth is that I heard between four and six shots."

Arlen Specter to Jean Hill
"Look, we can even make you look as crazy as Marguerite Oswald [Lee Oswald's mother] and everybody knows how crazy she is. We could have you put in a mental institution if you don't cooperate with us."

Specter questions Anita Hill (during the Senate confirmation hearings for Judge Thomas:)
He used a familiar cross-examination tactic--a tactic common in sexual harassment cases. He ridiculed my reaction to Thomas' behavior, suggesting that I was being oversensitive, even to the point of misrepresenting my testimony....
With every question he asked, it became clearer that despite any declaration to the contrary, he viewed me as an adversary. Rather than seeking to elicit information, his questioning sought to elicit a conclusion that he had reached before the hearing began."

It must be hard to accuse a man of acting a certain way only because of his perspective or allegiance. Especially when your argument is based on the same thing you are purporting the other man is doing; lacking perspective and obeying his allegiances.

So Spector is attacking the Patriots because he receives campaign donations from Comcast? Who has very little to do with the Eagles?

What?

So Spector is attacking the Patriots because he receives campaign donations from Comcast? Who has very little to do with the Eagles?

What?

Actually Specter is attacking the the commisioner. I know its tough for some of you to grasp the idea that a senator would look after a special interest group that donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to put them in office but Specters after the NFL to sell broadcast rights to the large cable companies so they can package the NFLN in tier channels and charge extra for it. He uses the the leagues antitrust exemptions agreement as a red herring to try and build support from the other crooks in washington so he can pressure the league to give in to his campaign contributors. Its really pretty simple all you have to do is follow the money.

Back
Top Bottom