This draft defense or offense heavy on first day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This draft defense or offense heavy on first day?

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Draft defense or offense heavy on first day?

Everyone has there own idea of how the draft for our team will unfold. I'd like to know which side of the ball you think need more work.

If you have ideas as far as plugging other holes via free agency, throw them in here too.

I think Nick will select defense (safety or linebacker) with the first and second pick. Offense (offensive line and possibly a QB) will not get attention until the second day.

yup, that's what I think will happen. I've said all along you draft a player who can make an immediate impact on day one.

Since Saban always drafts the BPA then the better question would be whether there is more top Offensive or defensive talent.... And then what are the needs of the other teams.

Man I hope Carpenter drops to us in the 2nd...Crowder, Carpenter would be great young LB's to build around!!!

Ecspecially if we continue to attack the QB with the Lb's..Carpenter is excellent at rushing the QB..better than Hawk even...so if he's there I think we HAVE to take him!

DBoston80 said:
Man I hope Carpenter drops to us in the 2nd...Crowder, Carpenter would be great young LB's to build around!!!

Ecspecially if we continue to attack the QB with the Lb's..Carpenter is excellent at rushing the QB..better than Hawk even...so if he's there I think we HAVE to take him!

Is carpenter the other LB of OS? the one who get hurt?

If a stud LT prospect is sitting there in round 1 when the Dolphins pick, I think it would be hard for Saban to pass on that guy. I like Huff a lot too though.

I think Nick and his crew will be very busy the next few months evaluating every prospective draft pick and free agent, will define his draft board rankings, will decide what if anything he's willing to give/take to move up/down, and come draft day will simply follow his well researched well thought out plan. He's all about the process, making the event itself much easier.

That being said, I think he'd entertain offers to move up a couple if he thought he could nab a top qb(Cutler, Leinhart), but only if they fell to within reach. Other than that, I think he'll simply go bpa and only choose based on need if it's pretty close between 2 players of different positions.

Back
Top Bottom