This draft defense or offense heavy on first day? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This draft defense or offense heavy on first day?

BPA except RB.
Saban would be a fool to just decide he wants defence in the early rounds and offence later or vis versa. Thats not how you build a great team

Our areas of need are as follows

Cb, S, Lb,Ol, Qb

We need to address the Oline via FA
All other positions will have to be filled via the draft as that is the only way to get younger

I think that the Oline needs veteran players to help the youngsters develop.

With the defense we really need new blood for depth in order to ensure
continued success
Any comments?

Superself said:
Everyone has there own idea of how the draft for our team will unfold. I'd like to know which side of the ball you think need more work.

If you have ideas as far as plugging other holes via free agency, throw them in here too.

I think Nick will select defense (safety or linebacker) with the first and second pick. Offense (offensive line and possibly a QB) will not get attention until the second day.

I believe Miami will go mostly defense in this draft, but the QB posision will be taken within the top 3 rounds (Depending which QB is there when Miami picks). I also think Cornerback/safety or QB will be the two positions that will definitely be picked somewhere in day one, and either LT.....Center/Guard will be the 3rd pick on day 1.

efdm40 said:

Cb, S, Lb,Ol, Qb

All other positions will have to be filled via the draft as that is the only way to get younger

continued success

Any comments?

Exactly. We have to have players in place to take over for our aging stars.

We only get three picks on the first day. I'm betting Saban will surprise us with some of his moves. However, given the current situation I would guess we go 2 out of 3 for defense on day one.:dolphins:

SoDakDolfan said:
We only get three picks on the first day. I'm betting Saban will surprise us with some of his moves. However, given the current situation I would guess we go 2 out of 3 for defense on day one.:dolphins:

Isn't that the way it usually goes?

It's pretty evident that if there is a QB or impactful left tackle prospect then that's where the picks go.

If the best player available is Abdul Hodge then I doubt Nick drafts him
hsugh-1.gif

Secondary
Secondary
Secondary
Secondary
Secondary
Secondary

Positions we dont need to adress early- RB,WR,TE,DE,

IMO, i want to see BPA unless its one of those positions.

I agree, although I could certainly see Saban drafting Marcus McNeil or Jon Scott in the 1st to solve a long-time weakness at left tackle. As of now, I think Saban will be looking at players like Manny Lawson, Cromartie, Youbotty (sp), McNeil, Scott and possibly even Gabe Watson in the first round. I think Greenway and Huff will both be gone. Lawson and Watson would seem like perfect building blocks for Saban's 3-4 defense.

DBoston80 said:
Man I hope Carpenter drops to us in the 2nd...Crowder, Carpenter would be great young LB's to build around!!!

Ecspecially if we continue to attack the QB with the Lb's..Carpenter is excellent at rushing the QB..better than Hawk even...so if he's there I think we HAVE to take him!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Carpenter's as well. I have a wierd feeling he'll go to New England in the 1st round.

efdm40 said:

Cb, S, Lb,Ol, Qb

continued success
Any comments?

Nice analysis. Miami definitely needs a veteran leader on the offensive line, maybe someone like Hutchinson is the price is not too outrageous.

DBoston80 said:
Man I hope Carpenter drops to us in the 2nd...Crowder, Carpenter would be great young LB's to build around!!!

Ecspecially if we continue to attack the QB with the Lb's..Carpenter is excellent at rushing the QB..better than Hawk even...so if he's there I think we HAVE to take him!

i dont think that will happen, i think his status will skyrocket after the combine he will go 1st round then i think, but if not i would love to have him in the 2nd round

We should be drafting OLine moreso than anything. Saban can find late round CB's that fit his system. A safety however is something of priority since they make the calls in Sabans system.

Back
Top Bottom