This is a damn shame..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a damn shame.....

Originally posted by Biggunndunn
Did you know that marijuana is the #1 cash crop in america!

That's surprising. I would have guessed tobacco was.

Originally posted by Sniper
That's surprising. I would have guessed tobacco was.
it cracks me up, everybody i've seen taking the maryjane train is coughing and wheezing, trying to hold it in. your body is trying to tell you something dude!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
it cracks me up, everybody i've seen taking the maryjane train is coughing and wheezing, trying to hold it in. your body is trying to tell you something dude!:rolleyes:

:lol:

I agree that it is comical to watch... but still most of the people who do it are mellow and passive, and are only harming themselves... IMO they are definately not violent criminals anymore than alcohol users are.

Originally posted by Biggunndunn
Did you know that marijuana is the #1 cash crop in america!

Useing a Credit Card or Check would probably get you some striped sunshine real quick.:lol:

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Newton jailed five years for marijuana possession

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ST. MARTINVILLE, La. -- Former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Nate Newton, already serving time in another drug case, was sentenced to five years in prison Monday for possession of 213 pounds of marijuana in Louisiana.

Judge Don Hernandez initially tried to suspend all but 30 months of Newton's sentence, but changed his mind after prosecutors said the mandatory minimum sentence was five years. Prosecutors had argued for a sentence of 15-to-20 years.

Hernandez told Newton that he could still be a positive role model for children and for his fans.

"I will be. I promise you that,'' Newton said.

Newton also received a $50,000 fine.

Newton is serving a 30-month federal sentence in Texas on a drug trafficking charge. Newton pleaded guilty to the federal charge in April as part of a plea agreement.

His Louisiana sentence will be served concurrently with the federal sentence.

Newton's Louisiana arrest came in November 2001, after he and two women were pulled over for a traffic violation on Interstate 10 in St. Martin Parish. Newton, of East Ellijay, Ga., and the others were accused of hauling the marijuana in their van with plans to sell it.

The 40-year-old Newton is a six-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman who helped Dallas win three Super Bowls. He spent 14 seasons in the NFL, 13 with Dallas. He retired in 2000 after a season with Carolina.

Newton also has worked as a commentator on ESPN radio and as an analyst for some BET television college football broadcasts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that there are people that have robbed and raped and have gotten shorter prison sentences than for somebody selling grass is just plain shameful in regards to the values Americans are 'supposed' to have. Basically we're saying it's ok to rape and pillage, but don't try and use something that came out of the ground, that was here before all of us. Our 'precious' Govt says it's bad so God knows, it must be.:rolleyes: Sorry, I get going on Government, being free, and America, and it's a total clash of the titans and I gotta vent......
:cool:

I know Nate is a big man, but a 213 lb. JOINT is OUTRAGIOUS!!!

Re: Re: This is a damn shame.....

Originally posted by themole
I know Nate is a big man, but a 213 lb. JOINT is OUTRAGIOUS!!!
i know talk about tolerence

Back
Top Bottom