This is so Whack with a capital "W" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is so Whack with a capital "W"

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
We, the Miami Dolphins, do not make the playoffs with a 10-6 record and after the sorting for the 2004 draft, we are in the 20th spot in the 1st round. Guess who is right behind us with the 21st selection? The defending champs, the New England Patriots. This is so whack, we need somebody in our organization that has the brains from that other team. They pull a 1st rounder from Baltimore and they still win the SuperBowl. Not to mention they also have another 1st round selection, 32 overall.

And also, realistically, why are we selecting behind Minnesota and Cincy? I know the order depends on your season record, but they were still in playoff contention in the last week of the regular season games, while we playing for pride (I guess).

Bitter and Puzzled.

Re: This is so Whack with a capital "W"

Originally posted by Dolfan02
We, the Miami Dolphins, do not make the playoffs with a 10-6 record and after the sorting for the 2004 draft, we are in the 20th spot in the 1st round. Guess who is right behind us with the 21st selection? The defending champs, the New England Patriots. This is so whack, we need somebody in our organization that has the brains from that other team. They pull a 1st rounder from Baltimore and they still win the SuperBowl. Not to mention they also have another 1st round selection, 32 overall.

And also, realistically, why are we selecting behind Minnesota and Cincy? I know the order depends on your season record, but they were still in playoff contention in the last week of the regular season games, while we playing for pride (I guess).

Bitter and Puzzled.

Simple, we had a better record.

to make you feel worse the Pats have our 2nd rd pick, too

Originally posted by dolphan39
to make you feel worse the Pats have our 2nd rd pick, too

What?!?!?!

How freekin whack... we need BRAINS on our team. PLEASE!!!!

:hitself:

Wade Smith.....in reality we are using our second round pick this year on a LT with one year experience.

We got the worst LT in the Freaking league with that pick. I would rather have a bum off the street playing LT then Wade "I cant Block" Smith

Originally posted by Brad528
We got the worst LT in the Freaking league with that pick. I would rather have a bum off the street playing LT then Wade "I cant Block" Smith
he was so bad he started all 16 games and made several all-rookie teams :rolleyes:

he was as good as you s/expect any rookie LT to be unless they are drafted in the top 5-6 picks

Man, I'm trying to figure out how in the world you can say that???........:shakeno:

Wade Smith did an excellent job as a 3rd round rookie being shoved into the starting lineup. He missed some blocks, yes, but as a whole he did a great job, showed he can stay healthy (uh...dixon as much as I like him sure couldn't) and he will be alot better next year, after learning so much this season and from his offseason conditioning (bigger and stronger).

I have NO complaints about that guy and as far as losing this year's #2 pick for him it was WELL worth it. If we didn't get him......who else would have started for him at LT last year? If you thought Wade was bad (which he really wasn't) you would have REALLY hated whoever would have filled in Dixon's shoes.

Greg Jerman....Marcus Spriggs....Richmond Webb????? :roflmao:

Picking wade Smith in the third round last year was, in hindsight, the best move of our draft...

Wade Smith should not have been starting last year. He did suck but he just wasn't ready and he only played because Dixon got injured. If Smith adds some muscle, he can be a pretty good LT.

Yeah Wade Smith did not do a "good" job last year. He was probably one of the worst LTs in the league. But thats our front office and coaches faults, not his. We shouldn't have started him. He showed flashes of the player he will be but honestly the coaches knew what kind of player he will be when they drafted him.

The fact that he made several all-rookie teams merely reflected the fact that to my knowledge the Dolphins were the ONLY team in the league to start a rookie at LT this year. Jordan Gross I believe was a RT for the Panthers this year, and guys like George Foster, Kwame Harris, Brett Williams, and Wayne Hunter didn't really play at all this year. Eric Steinbach, one guy we would have traded for to be our LT, played guard all year long.

So yeah, Wade Smith made some all-rookie teams, but there wasn't any other rookie out there who actually played LT this year. We arguably could have been better off for 2003 with either Spriggs or Webb playing but maybe not in 2004...cuz Smith's experiences in 2003 might help his cause in 2004 considerably.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah Wade Smith did not do a "good" job last year. He was probably one of the worst LTs in the league. But thats our front office and coaches faults, not his. We shouldn't have started him. He showed flashes of the player he will be but honestly the coaches knew what kind of player he will be when they drafted him.

The fact that he made several all-rookie teams merely reflected the fact that to my knowledge the Dolphins were the ONLY team in the league to start a rookie at LT this year. Jordan Gross I believe was a RT for the Panthers this year, and guys like George Foster, Kwame Harris, Brett Williams, and Wayne Hunter didn't really play at all this year. Eric Steinbach, one guy we would have traded for to be our LT, played guard all year long.

So yeah, Wade Smith made some all-rookie teams, but there wasn't any other rookie out there who actually played LT this year. We arguably could have been better off for 2003 with either Spriggs or Webb playing but maybe not in 2004...cuz Smith's experiences in 2003 might help his cause in 2004 considerably.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom