This is the Season Miami Reclaims the Series Lead | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is the Season Miami Reclaims the Series Lead

Our division has always been weird. The Jets beat us when they're at their worst, and we beat them when they're at their best, but neither team seems to dominate for long. The Bills games are a shocking contrast of insane strings of wins and losses. Don Shula going like a decade plus of not losing to the Bills, then Marv Levy reversing it. Seems one team always has the other's number. Then the Patriots frustrate the hell out of us, either by winning important matchups (like in 1985 when Marino would have destroyed the Bears and won a Super Bowl Ring), or winning our division crown when we couldn't rebound. Then they lose to us when we've got nothing left to play for, such as the Miracle in Miami.

So I'm not expecting another sweep of the Jets ... it's a little out of character. And, the Jets are bad, and that's usually when they beat us. So yeah, I'm guessing we split with the Jets.

Our division has always been weird. The Jets beat us when they're at their worst, and we beat them when they're at their best, but neither team seems to dominate for long. The Bills games are a shocking contrast of insane strings of wins and losses. Don Shula going like a decade plus of not losing to the Bills, then Marv Levy reversing it. Seems one team always has the other's number. Then the Patriots frustrate the hell out of us, either by winning important matchups (like in 1985 when Marino would have destroyed the Bears and won a Super Bowl Ring), or winning our division crown when we couldn't rebound. Then they lose to us when we've got nothing left to play for, such as the Miracle in Miami.

So I'm not expecting another sweep of the Jets ... it's a little out of character. And, the Jets are bad, and that's usually when they beat us. So yeah, I'm guessing we split with the Jets.
That's the divisional games bugaboo...happens in all divisions. All those years the Cowturds dominated with Emmett and them...yet the Redskins sucked and would beat 'em.

What's sad and incriminating here is that we all agree the Jets are a horrid franchise decade after decade but yet we are somehow only tied with them in series wins? I agree a weird hard fought series over the years but just hearing that makes me want to puke. Only condolence is the post above that says we will have the series lead on every division opponent potentially this year which no other in the AFC can boast. Ok that is a tiny bit of salve on the wound.

What's sad and incriminating here is that we all agree the Jets are a horrid franchise decade after decade but yet we are somehow only tied with them in series wins? I agree a weird hard fought series over the years but just hearing that makes me want to puke. Only condolence is the post above that says we will have the series lead on every division opponent potentially this year which no other in the AFC can boast. Ok that is a tiny bit of salve on the wound.
It’s just the way the cookie’s crumbled. The Dolphins were a far better team in the late 90s/early 2000s than the Dolphins team of the last several years, but the current Dolphins team beats them consistently, while the Dolphins team from 20 years ago was swept by the Jets between 1998 and 2001. Even the Dolphins of the early 90s, again far better than this team, always had their hands full with them. Look up the Jets at Miami in 1991 for a tremendously awful loss to the Jets.

5dspu8.jpg

Many of you may not believe this but there was a stretch of time where Miami ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED the Bills.

I'm talking nearly an entire DECADE of the Bills losing to Miami.

Miami may have gone to a laughinstock since Marino left but never forgot how dominant this team was in the AFCE against formerly scrub franchises like the Jets, Patsies and Jills.
And I watched everyone of those Dolphin wins either at the stadium or on TV.

That stretch from 1998-2001 was killer vs the Jets when they won 8 in a row. We've been chasing them since.
I will never forget when the Bills beat the Dolphins in 1980. It was shocking. Every year as a kid I just chalked the Bills up as a win.

That stretch from 1998-2001 was killer vs the Jets when they won 8 in a row. We've been chasing them since.
I will never forget when the Bills beat the Dolphins in 1980. It was shocking. Every year as a kid I just chalked the Bills up as a win.
I remember Ricky Williams running wild on the Jets in 2002 to snap that ugly 8 game skid vs them. Miami trounced them 30-3, Ricky had 150 on like 25 carries.

Back
Top Bottom