This is what a Terrifying D should look like | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what a Terrifying D should look like

We aren't going to "switch up" to the 3-4 or play it as a base defense. We are going to run a 4-3 base defense most of the time with different looks. That is all Saban has said. Over the last 2 months it has gone from some different looks to we are basically playing a 3-4. That's wrong.

Here's your 3-4 eventually:

DE -- Carter
DT -- Chester
DE -- Holliday

OLB -- Taylor
ILB -- Crowder
ILB -- Seau
OLB -- Roth

Those guys have the heights and weights Saban wants out there at those positions (i.e., New England). Not taking anything away from Zach other than his ability to get pushed around by Kevin Mawae on a regular basis.

I think our secondary is going to be terrifying (in a bad way).

shouright said:
Here's your 3-4 eventually:

DE -- Carter
DT -- Chester
DE -- Holliday

OLB -- Taylor
ILB -- Crowder
ILB -- Seau
OLB -- Roth

Those guys have the heights and weights Saban wants out there at those positions (i.e., New England). Not taking anything away from Zach other than his ability to get pushed around by Kevin Mawae on a regular basis.

And the 4-3:

DE: Taylor
DT: Carter
DT: Bowens
DE: Roth

OLB: Saeu
MLB: Zach
OLB: Crowder

NIMA said:
JT won't start linebacker. I don't know why people are still saying this. JT has even come out himself and said he wouldn't be playing it.

too true blue, and I think I remember Saban saying it more likely that Roth would play OLB in a 3-4--honest I did

DE- Taylor
DT- Carter
DT- Chester/Tim-bo/Vickerson (rotation)
DE- Roth/D. Bowens
OLB- Spraggen/Crowder
MLB- Thomas/Crowder
OLB- Seau

/= Rotation with different looks and schemes

There will probably be a lot more people playing different positions than what was mentioned. Saban did a lot of that in LSU.

i remember when tampa bay used 3-4 sets in there defense, and simion rice would line up as a linebacker, he had like 18 sacks that year so i think JT shold consider it.

JT will probably be OLB, but if you watch, he'll be lined up just like a DE, except a little further out. With this they won't be able to double him as easy. More sacks for JT

In two years JT and ZT are going to be obsolete as we will be employing 3-4 full time I think. Next year is going to be interesting for them to if they want to keep their jobs with the Fins. I hate to say it becuase theyve been a part of this organization for so long, but if they cant adapt, then theyre expendable.

I also think our secondary is a little suspect
-we need to do something about FS even if tillman does emerge as a capable starter (which I can't say for certain will happen) Bell and the mitch kid provide shaky depth at the very least.

-I know Tebucky played out of position last year, and even with him moving into the box *Read SS, I think Saban is going to have to dumb down Tebucky's responsibilities, his play recognition has been questioned (ignore this comment if saban uses him as a stop gap)

-Saban, who is widely known to want smart players, is going to have to have a man to man chat with Madison, his lack of self control (15 yd Personal fouls on plays where sam is not even near the action) and his lack of run support will irk saban by week 6

Like someone said earlier we do have very good depth on our D this year... We can plug in a number of people at a couple different positions, I.E.: Matt Roth-Junior goes down we can put him in at LB in the 3-4 scheme, or if timbo or chester goes down we can slide down carter and put Roth at end... he has massive size for LB and decent size for DT.... 280 with a 4.77 forty....SOUNDS GOOD TO ME... and thats just one example....its gonna be a work of art this D

Back
Top Bottom