This is what a Terrifying D should look like | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what a Terrifying D should look like

Tommatt said:
JT will probably be OLB, but if you watch, he'll be lined up just like a DE, except a little further out. With this they won't be able to double him as easy. More sacks for JT

your right and as an outside backer in the 3-4 his responsibilties could be the same(to get the QB) so it will just allow him to get a running start and have some leverage on the o lineman

kinda funny because when i mess around playing madden with the dolphins i use JT in that exact manner. I wouldnt be in 3-4 but would slide Taylor back and outside and move the 3 remaining men over kinda like a 3-4 line is set up then would pass rush with JT. Though its just a video game, it worked well and I think with JT's speed, height, and hands he can be very deadly this year in that spot. Isnt that where Mcginnist played in NE?

Jaj said:
Thomas wouldn't play in that 3-4 look, Roth can't play 3-4 DE.

Actually, Nick Saban disagrees with you. He specifically stated that he thought Roth had the capability of playing a 3-4 DE b/c of his intensity and quickness. Interestingly, Bruce Smith was 6'3 - 6'4, 278 and he played DE in a 3-4 his entire career.

Not saying Roth is the same player by any means, but he is right about that size (6'3 3/4, 272-280).

We won't be starting with a 3-4 anyway. We'll be playing 4-3 and on a moments notice will switch to a 3-4 if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom