This Is What I Woul Do

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Kingdom Come, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come A True Fan

If I were Chris Grier the first thing I would do, is yank my head out of my arse. If I couldn't get it out right away, I would seek help from my coaching staff.

Then I would do these things immediately.

Tender Jake Brendel.
    Cut Ryan Tannehill
    Cut Kiko
    Cut Akeem Spence
    Cut Daniel Kilgore
    Cut Josh Sitton
    Bring back RB Bolden
    Make a deal to sign Earl Thomas and move TJ McDonald to LB/S backup Baker and play as dime back
    Minkah is the starting slot cb in our new base nickel defense.
    Make a deal to sign Center Matt Paradis Paradis has quietly put up the highest grade for a center over the last couple years. Five year deal worth 58 mil making him the highest paid center and he deserves every penny.
    Make a deal to sign DI Henry Anderson
    Make a deal to sign Edge Justin Houston
    Make a deal to sign WR Phillip Dorsett

Make a deal to sign WR Kevin White to a one year deal for peanuts. Rebuilding year is a good time to see if White and Parker can stay healthy. If one of them breaks out in 2019 you give him a contract, otherwise, they both walk.

Make a deal to sign Hybrid Michael Johnson He will be dirt cheap and might be a good fit for certain fronts

Trade Kenny Stills for a 4th

Trade Robert Quinn and Davon Godchaux to the Chiefs for Dee Ford. Very complicated deal where both Quinn and Ford agree to sign long term contracts. Quinn, around 3 years 25 mil, and Ford 6 years 100 million with a ton guaranteed. Draft picks may also be involved. Davon Godchaux is an extremely promising young DT who is already one of the best run stuffers in the league. I just think Henry Anderson is better suited to this defense.

Trade Bobby McCain for a song. He is a slot corner only and Minkah showed himself in his rookie year to be the best slot corner in the league. To the Falcons for a 6th. Eat the dead cap.

As far as depth goes, I really like the acquisition of Dee Delaney, and Jalen Davis looked awful good in very limited snaps last year. Let Bobby go.

Draft: Trade down and acquire a 2nd round pick, then draft Dexter Lawrence in the first.
    2nd....Dalton Risner RG
    2nd....Chase Winovich Edge Elite against the run he should be perfect in rotation with Ford.
    3rd....Max Scharping OT
    4th.....Andy Isabella WR All in on speed and quickness at the WR position
    4th....Easton Stick QB PFF had three QB's with grades in the 90's,Kyler Murray,Will Grier, and Easton Stick. I have seen every game Easton has ever played, multiple times. I am a huge NDSU fan,it's where I went to school. I don't quite believe Stick is a starter in the NFL. The timing and pin-point accuracy aren't there.....at least not yet. I do believe he will be a very high quality #2. So you let Falk and Stick compete this year and next year you draft your superstar.
    5th....Darnell Savage Safety
    6th.....John Cominsky DL
    6th...Maxx Crosby edge //Just needs to fill out that elite frame and get stronger, huge upside
    7th...Joe Lowery OT Could be the starting RT after his rookie year. Gonna be raw.

URFA's:
    Andrew Van Ginkel OLB
    Darrius Shepherd WR
    Terronne Prescod OG
    Corbin Kaufusi Hybrid DL
    Joe Dineen Jr LB
    Michael Dogbe DI
    Cortez Broughton DI/Hybrid

QB.....Stick/Falk
    RB.....Drake/Ballage/Bolden
    TE.....Mike Gesicki/Nick O'Leary/Dwayne Allen
    WR.....Albert Wilson/Davante Parker/Phillip Dorsett/Grant/Isabella/Butler
    OT.....Tunsil,Scharping,Zach Sterup.....Lowery on the PS
    C....Paradis,Swanson,Brendel
    OG.....Dalton Risner,Davis,Prescod,Brendel

DI....Dexter Lawrence,Henry Anderson, Vincent Taylor,,John Cominsky
    Hybrid....Michael Johnson,Corbin Kaufusi,Woodard
    Edge....Ford,Houston,Winovich,Harris,Crosby
    ILB's....McMillan,Baker,TJ McDonald,Chase Allen,Joe Dineen Jr
    Tweener LB....Andrew Van Ginkel
    Safety....Jones,Thomas,Darnell Savage,Aikens
    CB.....X,Jalen Davis,Minkah,Tankersley,Delaney,Armstrong

LS...Denny
    P...Haack
    K...Sanders

Take it easy on me, I did this in big,big hurry.

Ray R likes this.
  2. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

madden is a hell of a drug

3. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come A True Fan

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

Go here and press the 2020 button. Then, do the math, removing all the cap hits of players that have been traded or cut.

There's nothing left on the books if we don't sign some players. The cap room is like 150 mil if we make these cuts and don't sign other free agents or make trades.

Even if you are rebuilding, you still need to put together a roster. Might as well acquire some good players for the future when we are actually trying to win. Hopefully that is 2020.

Ray R, Pandarilla and Honeybager08 like this.
  4. lbmclean_nocal

lbmclean_nocal Well-Known Member

yay another mock offseason nobody needed

5. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come A True Fan

I disagree. I think we need this one, and many more.

Everyone needs to know that when Grier takes this team into the abyss for the next three years................it didn't have to be that way.

There are moves that can be made that would make the rebuild only one year, instead of the ongoing debacle that Grier is taking this team into.

A Pro-Active and aggressive GM would have already been out ahead of the waves and the tide, but Grier is obviously overwhelmed and filled with confusion and indecision.

Know for absolute certain that when you watch and see nothing getting done........it just didn't ever have to be this way.

Ross is a complete idiot for hiring Grier. He wasn't even a good scout.

6. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Why would the Chiefs trade a a still pretty young pass rusher in Dee Ford who just had a career year for a guy is clearly a shell of his former self in Quinn and a guy who in Godchaux who probably couldn't supplant any of their starters on the DL.

vagrantprodigy and Michael Scott like this.
  7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

They wouldn't ... Ford got tagged.

8. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come A True Fan

You guys are just boring with your ignorance day in and day out.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/03/11/dee-ford-trade-rumors-chiefs-might-wait-49ers-packers/

Dee Ford is on the trade market and has been for some time. He doesn't fit as a 4-3 end, he is a 3-4 OLB. Spagnulo is the new DC in KC and he is converting the defense to a traditional 4-3.

That is why they are moving on from Houston and Ford.

Godchaux would fit perfectly next to Chris Jones and in a rotation with other interior defenders. He is only 24 years old and loaded with upside. He is also under his rookie contract for another two years and his salary is peanuts. He has way, way, way more value than a lot of Dolphin fans think.

PBay Fin Fan and Ray R like this.
  9. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Fanspeak Premium being put to work....

10. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Did I lose something? Finheaven VIP

My man, you put these together all the time and none of them are realistic. You also get you feelings hurt when anyone points that out. If you can't handle the criticism like an adult, don't take the time to put your opinion out there.

Dakar001, sinPHIN, outlawd2u and 8 others like this.
  11. Michigan Mike

Michigan Mike FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Not even a week of free agency in the books and we already have people determining that it is a failure.

fin415, Dakar001, Mach2 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bumpus

Bumpus Looks at bottle ... *sigh* Administrator Finheaven VIP

If I were Chris Grier, I’d fire you for doing that to Minkah.

While we’re at it, let’s put Tunsil at TE. Kinda the same responsibilities. :bobdole:

sinPHIN, artdnj, Mach2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

wait, you did all of this in a hurry? I wonder what you'd do if you had more time....lol

Mach2, Travis34 and SCLSU Mud Dogs like this.
  14. Ren

Ren Rookie

This is when I stopped reading this post.

Mach2 and 13mademeafan like this.
  15. Honeybager08

Honeybager08 Well-Known Member

I’m on board with the this tank job, keep it coming. I don’t want to see a bridge quarterback like Bridgewater, let Falk, Rudock and a late draft pick like Stidham battle it out. I also don’t want any shiny new toys like Ford. I want this cap mess fixed for good!!! I want to see this team trade down when the opportunity presents itself and acquire more picks. I am sick and tired of this FO thinking that signing aging veterans to bad contracts will somehow make this team successful.

Ray R likes this.